EVGA

Helpful ReplyPrecision X1 VF scanner not finishing? (SOLVED, SOLUTION INCLUDED)

Author
Digital Palette
  • Total Posts : 14
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2019/06/08 00:00:51 (permalink)
So I've been trying to get VF Curve Tuner to actually finish a scan.
No matter how long I wait, it stays at 1410mhz on the core.
It does boost automatically depending on the game mind you, but it doesn't change at all when I check HWM.
Am I doing something wrong here? I've heard it can take pretty long to do it, but I've waited almost an hour with no finished score in sight.

For the record, I have an RTX 2070 XC Gaming if that matters at all.

[Edit] I've just tried MSI Afterburner OC scanner as well, and it gives me a "Failed to start scanning!" Error... Anyone know what could possibly be wrong here?

[Final Edit]
I have found the solution to this issue, at least in my case.
In the NVCP I had CUDA disabled. I had to re-enable it, and reboot my system to allow OC Scanner to function.
 If anyone is having this same issue, check to make sure that CUDA is enabled within the Global 3D settings.
If Physx is showing CPU, it won't work properly.

I hope this gets pinned or someone adds it to the Precision X1 FAQ, since I've not seen it anywhere on the net.
post edited by Digital Palette - 2019/06/08 03:59:25
sparetimepc
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2413
  • Ribbons : 27
Re: Precision X1 VF scanner not finishing? (SOLVED, SOLUTION INCLUDED) 2019/06/08 05:28:39 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Cool GTX 2019/06/08 08:12:37
Yeah i noticed sometimes i had to start px1 by right click and run as administrator, then run the curve tuner. also make sure the card is at all default settings before the vf scan and nvidia control panel settings are at default as well.

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30548
  • Ribbons : 123
Re: Precision X1 VF scanner not finishing? (SOLVED, SOLUTION INCLUDED) 2019/06/08 08:13:26 (permalink)
Thanks for sharing with the Community

I'm not sure why your setting were like that .. CUDA = Off & PhysX=CPU

Glad you figured it out

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile