Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
LFaWolf
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1794
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 3
2022/09/17 13:24:27 (permalink)
With EVGA getting out of the GPUs business with no intention of returning in the future, I would like to petition for a refund policy for those of us that have purchased extended warranty for our GPUs where the extended warranty has not taken effect (that is, still covered under the existing 3-years warranty). I know the chance of this happening is low but it is the right thing to do, since we bought the extended warranty with the understand that Evga would still be in the GPUs business. It is the right thing to do for your customers.

49 Replies Related Threads

charlesborner
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 286
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Petition for GPUs Extended Warranty Refund 2022/09/17 13:29:00 (permalink)
    They're going to be holding back product to cover their warranty obligations.

Ryzen 5950X, Alphacool Eisbaer 420mm, ASROCK Taichi Razer, NVIDIA 3070 Ti FE, 3x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 64GB Trident Neo Z DDR4000, Seasonic Focus GX-1000, Total Noctua Fan Swap (8x Redux NF-P14S, 2x Chromax A20), 4x10TB WD Gold in Synology 920+, Thermaltake Core X9
    LFaWolf
    FTW Member
    Re: Petition for GPUs Extended Warranty Refund 2022/09/17 13:30:04 (permalink)
    charlesborner

For 10 years? What if the replacement also fails? What if EVGA is out of business by then?

kougar
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3034
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: Petition for GPUs Extended Warranty Refund 2022/09/17 15:28:35 (permalink)
    LFaWolf
    For 10 years? What if the replacement also fails? What if EVGA is out of business by then?

They will undoubtedly run out of stock eventually, but EVGA will probably switch to cash or something else to meet obligations. I still have five years of warranty on my 1080 Ti Hydrocopper and I have every confidence in EVGA even despite them exiting the GPU market.

As for the risk of EVGA going out of business, that is a risk you take when buying any product from any company. That's how it works.

Have water, will cool. 
    LFaWolf
    FTW Member
    Re: Petition for GPUs Extended Warranty Refund 2022/09/17 15:34:10 (permalink)
    kougar
    LFaWolf

They will undoubtedly run out of stock eventually, but EVGA will probably switch to cash or something else to meet obligations. I still have five years of warranty on my 1080 Ti Hydrocopper and I have every confidence in EVGA even despite them exiting the GPU market.

As for the risk of EVGA going out of business, that is a risk you take when buying any product from any company. That's how it works.

I have lost my confidence in EVGA, so I want the option for a refund.

puckstack
    • Total Posts : 3
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Petition for GPUs Extended Warranty Refund 2022/09/17 16:14:00 (permalink)
    +1
    charlesborner
    iCX Member
    Flagged as Spam (2)
    Re: Petition for GPUs Extended Warranty Refund 2022/09/17 19:02:03 (permalink)
    LFaWolf
    charlesborner

If they're out of business at that point, you're screwed regardless.

You're acting like EVGA isn't one of the most upstanding organizations for customer service.

Never mind that IN TEN YEARS you'll have upgraded whatever the hell you have anyhow.

Again, you get news you don't like and you instantly turn into a rat on a sinking ship.

Ryzen 5950X, Alphacool Eisbaer 420mm, ASROCK Taichi Razer, NVIDIA 3070 Ti FE, 3x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 64GB Trident Neo Z DDR4000, Seasonic Focus GX-1000, Total Noctua Fan Swap (8x Redux NF-P14S, 2x Chromax A20), 4x10TB WD Gold in Synology 920+, Thermaltake Core X9
    LFaWolf
    FTW Member
    Re: Petition for GPUs Extended Warranty Refund 2022/09/17 20:06:19 (permalink)
    charlesborner
    LFaWolf
    charlesborner

You're acting like EVGA isn't one of the most upstanding organizations for customer service.

Never mind that IN TEN YEARS you'll have upgraded whatever the hell you have anyhow.

Again, you get news you don't like and you instantly turn into a rat on a sinking ship.

You don't know me. This thread is for the petition, not for you to harass other people.

donta1979
    Primarch
    • Total Posts : 15886
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: Petition for GPUs Extended Warranty Refund 2022/09/17 20:22:25 (permalink)
    charlesborner

You may want to go check out the people with 30 series cards who had their cards break in less than 30 days and got sent a b-stock card back when it should have been new, then head over to the products page look at prices of stuff that is up, then check out b-stock they wont have the inventory. I honestly do believe Andrew Han is cashing out, if he lied about Kingpin having a plan, then took credit for what Keith Rochford built not him. His word is not worth much, then the fact they are still selling extended warranties. Then the final thing Andrew Han has not stepped forward to talk to the community he claims he built when it was his partner, he sends poor Jacob to do a post, the staff has been pretty much silent since the announcement was made, we only got one update on twitter from jacob for a beta bios for the z690 boards for a beta bios for intel's new 13th gen.

For the OP read the fine print no refunds on extended warranties. I have a feeling those of us with them will be SOL on the 5-10 years... EVGA has been keeping next to 2nd day shipping money from customers sending their order ground, no refund, no sorry, pretty much pound sand you got your product in the proper time frame even though we sent it ground yet that is not what you paid for. Too bad. Yes they have been doing that as of late too. We are never going to see that extended warranty money back. We clicked agree when we purchased it that it was nonrefundable.
    "Extended Warranties are non-transferable and non-refundable. If a product with an Extended Warranty is purchased by a second-hand owner, the extended warranty becomes null and void, and the warranty reverts to the standard second-hand product warranty in accordance with the EVGA Global Warranty terms and conditions."
    EVGA - Warranty - Extended Warranty
    post edited by donta1979 - 2022/09/17 22:25:02

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
    Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
    USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
    My Build
    Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
    demon09
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1334
    Re: Petition for GPUs Extended Warranty Refund 2022/09/18 13:54:03 (permalink)
    charlesborner
    LFaWolf
    charlesborner

the question is if they will even have stock in say 6 or 7 years. My friend still happily uses a 980ti from 7 years ago. 10 is defintely on the extreme end but unless they keep alot of extra stock I don't see them having much at all even past the normal warranty. in years past you would get side graded to an equivlent gpu in the later gen. But since they are now leaving the gpu market there will be no such current gen replacments or even same gen when they run out of stock. what seems underhanded to some degree is the recent increase in exteneded warranty prices when they knew before april of this year as thats when they sent notice to nvidia higher ups.
    post edited by demon09 - 2022/09/18 13:55:34
    CraptacularOne
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14533
    • Ribbons : 222
    Re: Petition for GPUs Extended Warranty Refund 2022/09/18 21:15:28 (permalink)
    I would agree that they should offer people that want a refund a refund. The situation has SUBSTANTIALLY changed from when these people bought the warranty to now. They should have stopped accepting new warranty purchases in April when they made the decision to exit the GPU market. Especially at the ridiculous asking price for their +5 and +7 year options. The highly inflated extended warranty asking prices increase was really nothing more than them trying to regain profit margin in whatever way they could is the way it seems now. People that paid that exorbitant asking price for the extended warranty did so with the expectation that EVGA (a GPU vendor) would keep selling GPUs and remain in the market. They probably justified the high asking price by EVGA's enormous market share in the GPU arena and their very good customer support. Well guess what? EVGA is a GPU vendor that doesn't sell GPUs anymore. That rightfully so gives a lot of people pause and raises some very legitimate concerns about them actually being in business in the future to honor these warranties. 

I hope they do offer some kind of refund. It's the right thing to do for a company that claims to care so much about their customers. In fact Andrew Han even cited not wanting to sell the company for the fear that whatever new owner would ruin their name by lowing their standards. 

For those of you arguing otherwise ask yourselves, would you really purchase for example a extended warranty for your car if that same car brand announced they would be exiting the market? I would wager most of you would not. That's why EVGA needs to do the right thing and offer an option for a refund. The situation has changed dramatically and what was true just last week is no longer valid. 
    post edited by CraptacularOne - 2022/09/18 21:20:18

Intel i9 14900K ...............................Ryzen 9 7950X3D
    MSI RTX 4090 Gaming Trio................ASRock Phantom RX 7900 XTX
    Samsung Odyssey G9.......................PiMax 5K Super/Meta Quest 3
    ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming........ASUS TUF Gaming X670E Plus WiFi
    64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 6800Mhz.......64GB Kingston Fury RGB 6000Mhz
    MSI MPG A1000G 1000w..................EVGA G3 SuperNova 1000w
    donta1979
    Primarch
    Re: Petition for GPUs Extended Warranty Refund 2022/09/18 21:34:53 (permalink)
    CraptacularOne
    I would agree that they should offer people that want a refund a refund. The situation has SUBSTANTIALLY changed from when these people bought the warranty to now. They should have stopped accepting new warranty purchases in April when they made the decision to exit the GPU market. Especially at the ridiculous asking price for their +5 and +7 year options. The highly inflated extended warranty asking prices increase was really nothing more than them trying to regain profit margin in whatever way they could is the way it seems now. People that paid that exorbitant asking price for the extended warranty did so with the expectation that EVGA (a GPU vendor) would keep selling GPUs and remain in the market. They probably justified the high asking price by EVGA's enormous market share in the GPU arena and their very good customer support. Well guess what? EVGA is a GPU vendor that doesn't sell GPUs anymore. That rightfully so gives a lot of people pause and raises some very legitimate concerns about them actually being in business in the future to honor these warranties. 

I hope they do offer some kind of refund. It's the right thing to do for a company that claims to care so much about their customers. In fact Andrew Han even cited not wanting to sell the company for the fear that whatever new owner would ruin their name by lowing their standards. 

For those of you arguing otherwise ask yourselves, would you really purchase for example a extended warranty for your car if that same car brand announced they would be exiting the market? I would wager most of you would not. That's why EVGA needs to do the right thing and offer an option for a refund. The situation has changed dramatically and what was true just last week is no longer valid. 

+1

I do not see them giving it to us, this is Andrew Han we are talking about not Keith Rochford. Right thing to do? Yes very much so. Yet Andrew Han will not address us directly, we are seeing people with cards breaking within the first 30 days not getting a new card as is policy but getting b-stock and saying well that's all you are going to get. New cards at a new record low price, and b-stock at prices that are even lower to just get stuff to move. I honestly do not think they will be around in 3 years, let alone 5/7/10 years to handle RMA's. I see Andrew getting rid of most of the stock, whatever little is left put into a small RMA pool, a skeleton crew. Once the little bit of RMA stock that is left is gone. Lets the rest of the employees go, closes the doors, cuts the lights. Sells the land/buildings the company sits on then riding off into the sunset. 
    Fully agree with you its why I won't spend the 240 on a seven year warranty. Price is criminal and they will not be able to honor it. Do you know they are still offering it even now? You run a business like I have. You cut out over 70% of your income willingly you wont probably survive and you are getting ready to check out and ride off...

Heatware   

My Build
    Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18926
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: Petition for GPUs Extended Warranty Refund 2022/09/19 18:19:33 (permalink)

I'd be very surprised if they offered a refund on extended warranties, particularly if you've had it for a year or more already. EVGA said they intend to continue operations, so they will continue to cover warranty claims. As long as that remains their status quo, then there will not be any refunds. At the same time, dropping such a huge section of their product line makes their future appear somewhat dubious. If they do start refunding at least recent extended warranties, then I would take that as they don't intend to be a going concern for much longer.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

demon09
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1334
    Re: Petition for GPUs Extended Warranty Refund 2022/09/19 21:42:25 (permalink)
    Nereus

I'd be very surprised if they offered a refund on extended warranties, particularly if you've had it for a year or more already. EVGA said they intend to continue operations, so they will continue to cover warranty claims. As long as that remains their status quo, then there will not be any refunds. At the same time, dropping such a huge section of their product line makes their future appear somewhat dubious. If they do start refunding at least recent extended warranties, then I would take that as they don't intend to be a going concern for much longer.

it could also be they don't want to hold stock for 7 years? I fully belive they will support the cards as long as they stay in bussiness but the length of the longer warranties does beg the question are they really going to hold 30 series cards for almost a decade somewhere for rma's or will there come a point where they just have no rma stock and say best of luck.
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Petition for GPUs Extended Warranty Refund 2022/09/19 22:34:04 (permalink)
    demon09
    Nereus

it could also be they don't want to hold stock for 7 years? I fully belive they will support the cards as long as they stay in bussiness but the length of the longer warranties does beg the question are they really going to hold 30 series cards for almost a decade somewhere for rma's or will there come a point where they just have no rma stock and say best of luck.

True, they will eventually run out.. usually if they have no exact replacement, they'll replace with a newer series card with similar or slightly better specs, but since there won't be any newer series cards.. yeah, might be SOL. I'm still hoping EVGA signs up with AMD or Intel, or NVidia comes to their senses and stops being d-bags... even though EVGA said none of these things will happen.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

EVGA_JacobF
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 16946
    • Ribbons : 26
    Re: Petition for GPUs Extended Warranty Refund 2022/09/19 22:37:05 (permalink)
    For anyone looking for a refund on a recently purchased extended warranty, please contact support at support@evga.com
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Petition for GPUs Extended Warranty Refund 2022/09/19 22:42:55 (permalink)
    EVGA_JacobF
    For anyone looking for a refund on a recently purchased extended warranty, please contact support at support@evga.com

Ok, I'm officially surprised.

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Petition for GPUs Extended Warranty Refund 2022/09/20 01:01:54 (permalink)
    EVGA has been great at handling RMA needs for years and years. That takes logistics to withhold product to meet RMA needs. It is something that they have been good at as everyone knows they have excellent customer service. What will likely happen is the first few years RMA will happen fairly regularly but after four years or so often times people would buy a new card and not try to get a replacement 30 series card or even older than that in some cases.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30996
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Petition for GPUs Extended Warranty Refund 2022/09/20 06:32:32 (permalink)
    Nereus
    EVGA_JacobF

I wonder how "EVGA" will handle it?

maybe a fee or %  discount?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Donradeon
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 396
    Re: Petition for GPUs Extended Warranty Refund 2022/09/20 06:47:26 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    Nereus
    EVGA_JacobF

I wonder how "EVGA" will handle it?

maybe a fee or %  discount?

Maybe it will be a pro-rated refund.

He said "recently" so I'm wondering what that time frame will be considered. 

dragomirc
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 760
    Re: Petition for GPUs Extended Warranty Refund 2022/09/20 07:26:14 (permalink)
    CraptacularOne
    I would agree that they should offer people that want a refund a refund. The situation has SUBSTANTIALLY changed from when these people bought the warranty to now. They should have stopped accepting new warranty purchases in April when they made the decision to exit the GPU market. Especially at the ridiculous asking price for their +5 and +7 year options. The highly inflated extended warranty asking prices increase was really nothing more than them trying to regain profit margin in whatever way they could is the way it seems now. 
    /snip

Selling a product (warranty) that is impossible to deliver is illegal in my books.
    How can you take a money for GPU 10 year warranty after you decide to quit GPU business??? 
    There is no supply and manpower to honor 10 year warranty after death of any business.  

I wish I am a wrong, but common sense is stronger than wishful thinking.

EDIT:
    I wish that people like Jacob were in CEO position.
    post edited by dragomirc - 2022/09/20 07:27:54
    EVGA_Lee
    • Total Posts : 4247
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Petition for GPUs Extended Warranty Refund 2022/09/20 09:26:38 (permalink)
    Hello,

If you have questions about your extended warranty, please contact our Customer Service:
    https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/
    LFaWolf
    FTW Member
    Re: Petition for GPUs Extended Warranty Refund 2022/09/20 09:42:32 (permalink)
    Awesome, thank you. This would be best for all the parties involved.

Grey_Beard
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2233
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: Petition for GPUs Extended Warranty Refund 2022/09/20 10:25:40 (permalink)
    As usual, people over react on a situation. Customer services steps in and makes it right. Sounds like the place we all had our previous experiences with.

LFaWolf
    FTW Member
    Re: Petition for GPUs Extended Warranty Refund 2022/09/20 10:42:26 (permalink)
    Nah, we are quick thinkers and also look out for the long-term vs. myopic people. 

donta1979
    Primarch
    Re: Petition for GPUs Extended Warranty Refund 2022/09/20 18:11:22 (permalink)
    I am honestly surprised. The staff of EVGA never seem to disappoint it seems even during these times. I do have to hand it to Andrew if they are giving refunds. Just makes me even sadder because we are not going to get this business model anywhere else and probably never again.

Still waiting on my reply email, one of my questions was if I got the extended warranty will EVGA honor it? What about my EAR's I paid for in advance? My extended warranties still on cards that still have them. Asked will they be able to honor my extended warranties on my new cards I purchased seven years out if not what is the process on a refund since it was mentioned.
    post edited by donta1979 - 2022/09/21 10:53:02

Heatware   

My Build
    CalebC
    • Total Posts : 16
    Re: Petition for GPUs Extended Warranty Refund 2022/09/22 22:50:16 (permalink)
    CraptacularOne

Lmao. You were one of the guys defending EVGA for cancelling step up on cards already purchased. Not so fun when it’s you in the crosshairs instead of others?

This is amazing.
    post edited by CalebC - 2022/09/22 22:51:28
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: Petition for GPUs Extended Warranty Refund 2022/09/23 10:53:40 (permalink)
    EVGATech_LeeM
    Hello,

If you have questions about your extended warranty, please contact our Customer Service:

I'm fine with what I have on my 3090 (10 year)....I have no desire for a refund.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Petition for GPUs Extended Warranty Refund 2022/09/23 13:19:06 (permalink)
    transdogmifier
    EVGATech_LeeM
    Hello,

I'm fine with what I have on my 3090 (10 year)....I have no desire for a refund.

If they can't fulfill the warranty in 5 years, would you change your mind?

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

charlesborner
    iCX Member
    Re: Petition for GPUs Extended Warranty Refund 2022/09/23 13:50:41 (permalink)

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile