Nikko's ARSENAL 2.2 Continuation......

Author
nikkocortez
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2884
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 14
2011/04/09 21:08:33 (permalink)
Well I finally sat down and did some work on my system and decided to do a continuation thread from my first ARSENAL 2.0 thread.  I had to wipe the primary drive due to a virus on top of adding new hardware which included a GTX590, and a 5.25"bay PSU to supplement power to my two GTX295 Co-Op cards that are now dedicated folders.   I barely have started installing any programs other than what is needed for F@H Go figure my system goes down and the first thing I do when its up is get the V2 functional again.  That was a pain and was noted in THIS thread about the hassles of drivers for the GPUs.  This is leading to a continual optimization of the GPU clocks and cooling and I'm still dealing with occasional Graphics driver crashes but Windows always manages to recover them.  The 270.51 Betas are running the GPUs ok minus a few glitches here and there.  I really have no choice at this point with me running two different types of GPUs.

Here is a pic to get your attention

System Spes are as follows...
CPUs:----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Two Intel Xeon 5620 clocked @ 3.34GHZ
                The OC was based off of Shamino's 180Bclk SR2 template with a few changes here and there.  THey are cooled by two Corsair H70s mounted on a custom bracket (Here is a link to the forum that I had on the mod).  I have yet to stress test them beyond 24 hour folding but they run at about mid 40s to low 50s.  SR2 ECP V3 reports a low 50s system temp under load.
RAM: Corsair Dominator GT (6X2gb 1600Mhz) Clocks have not been tuned yet.
GPUs:----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVGA Classified GTX590 @ stock clocks
                This thing single handedly doubled what my 295s could do in Quad SLi.
Two EVGA GTX295 Co-Op down clocked to 499/1075/1008 for heat control.
                The 270.51 drivers allow me to enable Multi GPU on the 590 and the drivers automatically will select a GTX295 for PhysX.  I don't have surround or 3D so I am not sure how that will work with my current set up.
Other Parts/Tech:------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PSUs: ANTEC 1200, and a Power Tech EP-450CD
                All single braid extensions are Modright from Frozen CPU.
Case: Danger Den Tower 29 with a few mods.  
                Specific case set up its Tower 29 with Nightmare color scheme, and outfitted for a 560 (quad 140mm) rad and a 360 (triple 120mm) rad.  The custom H70 bracket mod, a bracket mod for a spare Corsair RAM cooler for GPUs
Monitor: Acer T230 23" Touch-Activated 1080p 60hz 2ms
                Figured the touch would be a nice feature for Photoshop and Corel Painter.  Its proven to be a nice tool.  Still want their 3d monitor though.
Input/Output
Keyboard: Logitech S510
Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T. 7
Game Pad: Cyborg Command Unit
Headset: Creative Fatal1ty MKII

And now some more Pics for you

The work Station...

Check out the nifty Corsair RAM cooler mod for the GTX590   Was just laying around so I put it to work.

Heres what I did with my ECP, not very creative but it works.

And my custom SR2 Water Block from Nateman_Doo.  Thanks buddy!

Future Plans:---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Water:
Well I have already started on my next Phase which is to get the CPUs and mobo under water.  I am going to use Nateman_Doo's SR2 WB.  *** which arrived the other day.  Outstanding work I might add and was very helpful and informative.  My planned Liquid setup will include two EK full copper CPU WBs, a 560 radiator, and I'm still deciding on a pump and reservoir.  For safety there will be a temp sensor and a Koolance flow meter.  I have decided not to put the cards under water due to them being changed and rep[laced by upgrades and such as I continue to use this system.
GPU Rack:
I currently have two PCI-e extensions in the mail.  I will be hacking up a MM SR2 Mobo tray to build a custom GPU rack for the two 295s freeing up some air space.  This mod still has some time before it happens as I'm waiting on parts.

As usual this build keeps evolving so I'll just keep updating.    Thanks for reading!

4 Replies Related Threads

catkicker
    • Total Posts : 4
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Nikko's ARSENAL 2.2 Continuation...... 2018/04/26 22:45:54 (permalink)
    Nikk. Great looking SR-2 I recently picked up a SR-2 with a pair of 5690’s
    I also have a ECP V2 pannel but no cables for it do you have any tips for making cables for one. I doubt I will find original cables.
    Thanks
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Nikko's ARSENAL 2.2 Continuation...... 2018/04/27 00:03:47 (permalink)

You really needed to dig deep to find one from 2011.    

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    catkicker
    • Total Posts : 4
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Nikko's ARSENAL 2.2 Continuation...... 2018/04/27 01:57:53 (permalink)
    found the ECP V2 on ebay  $8.00 bucks shipped. It's in the original EVGA packaging but it does not appear to have any cables with it.
    Was hoping I can make some up.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

post edited by catkicker - 2018/04/27 02:02:39
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102322
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Nikko's ARSENAL 2.2 Continuation...... 2018/04/29 01:10:01 (permalink)
    catkicker
    found the ECP V2 on ebay  $8.00 bucks shipped. It's in the original EVGA packaging but it does not appear to have any cables with it.
    Was hoping I can make some up.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The only advice I could give you is to contact EVGA technical support and see if they have any information about the cables you need

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile