Helpful ReplyNeed MOD / TECH review ongoing RMA warped i6700k from board

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
pittbull
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 203
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Need MOD / TECH review ongoing RMA warped i6700k from board 2018/02/08 00:32:47 (permalink)
wmmills
If anything I would think that's Intels problem with not having enough PCB layers to keep the cpu stiff. Usually if you crank the hsf down enough to do anything like that, the pins underneath would bend first and youd get every error in the book.

I am pretty centain my Q9550 pcb is thicker than this 6700k.

I found a ton 6700k warping after Scarlet posted. I did not reheat my cpu and rebend it yet wanted to see if it was just to warped but it seems to sit better in this z270 for some reason than it did in the z170 but it fired right up.

But yeah the 6700k is definitely skimped on and I agree this is a INTEL not EVGA problem the socket latch on my z170 though sure had more clamp pressure than this z270 when I installed it though. But Intel definitely skimpped on the pcb for these chips.

Did they do the same for the 7700k?

I still have till 2019 until warranty goes for this chip but if it goes will replace it with a 7700k. But I still take out 7700k's in benchmarks with the 6700. I did run some Aida64 extreme CPU test after installing just by a few points my scores were all lower posting than with the z170 same settings although memory will not work Auto XMP voltage way off must set manually this is only difference.

May crank it up to 4.6 or 4.8 again and press on some benches, need to go over bio's again see what I am missing but think it is literally that causing scores to drop below the z170 marks.

mike406
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 904
  • Ribbons : 13
Re: Need MOD / TECH review ongoing RMA warped i6700k from board 2018/02/09 11:36:29 (permalink)
Yeah, if it works I would leave it alone. Heating and bending it back could cause stress fractures which obviously would not be good.

Associate Code: 6KIMUJ06W8WFDR5 (5-10% off your purchase)              

pittbull
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 203
Re: Need MOD / TECH review ongoing RMA warped i6700k from board 2018/02/28 11:05:04 (permalink)
Ok was done even messing with this

Until yesterday who's pathetic joke is it to send me my fried BOAARD back to me broken is this way you really conduct service  a chaange that major in just months EVGA ?????

I recieved my fried board shipped back in halves what the hell seriously I hope someone gets canned over this crap

AND NO I still have not recieved a word over 1 month now people I HOPE YOU CUSTOMERS ARE TAKING NOTICE and you should as being conccerned because I have been the most loyal customer I could imagine sending no telling how many 10000s of hits to this company over the years running the top servers in COD and BF under my clan over a decade time. I have purchased more than my accout has registered  in it. I have purchased for friends under their credentials and never used my code in those situations mostly didnt think of it but still didnt care to.

20 years to this company I was finally at my medium with this since a $200 board EVGAA cannot afford to suck up in their greed it seems since Mining apparently since it hit hard customer service or something/some few at some point I dealt with is just total insanely pathetic joke and 3way equl fault can be ruled upon if the blame game is on. You cannot expect not recieve a pissed off post I mean the nerve to not contact customer after lying 1 month about it constantly.

Sitting outside yesterday evening UPS rolls up pulls out big EVGA box Im like huh what is this to big I thought never recieved a package that large from evgaa let aalone did not even know I had a package coming because not been contacted once since being lie to first week.

I had thought something good just occurred for all this weasel like bull I been fed over and over low and behold sign for it open it up and the dam thing is my bricked or fried however you wish to put it motherboard with 1 BURNED pin that intels pcb layers failed on and EVGAs board failed to keep supported thus curling it where it arked on the socket pin 1PIN I seen it bc got magnifying glass this time. But the damn board is broke into I have never seen the stupidity from any company ever in my life let aalone a company I have stuck with for long time in dealing with such matters I just raged out and chunked the 2 pieces into cow pasture across the road this has got to be lowest dumbest thing I have witnessed in my 38years of life.

This should be a warning to all for future that shows how this company has changed to handle a situation like this total bull just fault customer give short crap reason lie lie lie lie lie and ship their old junk back broke ever who did this Im sure youre logged in process we shall find out which person you are soon

YHou should be embarressed the owners should be raaging pissed this had to clear a supervisor or someone of the sort before leaving the box was fine looking so was done prepackaging forget this board its located near my house in a cow pasture if you want it back
post edited by Sajin - 2018/02/28 12:31:07

mike406
SSC Member
Re: Need MOD / TECH review ongoing RMA warped i6700k from board 2018/02/28 15:29:52 (permalink)
To be honest, I didn't really follow any of that. But I'm sorry you received what I assume, was a DOA replacement. If you really did throw it into a "cow pasture" as you describe it - A: see a doctor or psychologist, and B: you probably really hurt your chance of getting a second replacement since you're not going to have anything to send back...I have trouble believing you opened the box to find it already broken in half - but if this were true, you should have taken pictures of it immediately, documenting shipping damage, rather than throwing it, essentially nullifying any chance you have of getting EVGA to believe you didn't damage it yourself.
post edited by mike406 - 2018/02/28 15:34:57

Cordorb
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 635
Re: Need MOD / TECH review ongoing RMA warped i6700k from board 2018/02/28 20:20:49 (permalink)
Well, as they say on the internet ( This is still the internet , right ? )
No picture - then it did not happen.
BUT : This is a GOOD plot for the new Dr Who season.

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: Need MOD / TECH review ongoing RMA warped i6700k from board 2018/03/04 02:25:43 (permalink)
Referred this thread to EVGA

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Need MOD / TECH review ongoing RMA warped i6700k from board 2018/03/04 04:38:31 (permalink)
Received your board in halves? What? You need to provide pictures. How many halves were there?
JosephL
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 662
Re: Need MOD / TECH review ongoing RMA warped i6700k from board 2018/03/04 11:50:06 (permalink)
pittbull
Ok was done even messing with this

Until yesterday who's pathetic joke is it to send me my fried BOAARD back to me broken is this way you really conduct service  a chaange that major in just months EVGA ?????

I recieved my fried board shipped back in halves what the hell seriously I hope someone gets canned over this crap

AND NO I still have not recieved a word over 1 month now people I HOPE YOU CUSTOMERS ARE TAKING NOTICE and you should as being conccerned because I have been the most loyal customer I could imagine sending no telling how many 10000s of hits to this company over the years running the top servers in COD and BF under my clan over a decade time. I have purchased more than my accout has registered  in it. I have purchased for friends under their credentials and never used my code in those situations mostly didnt think of it but still didnt care to.

20 years to this company I was finally at my medium with this since a $200 board EVGAA cannot afford to suck up in their greed it seems since Mining apparently since it hit hard customer service or something/some few at some point I dealt with is just total insanely pathetic joke and 3way equl fault can be ruled upon if the blame game is on. You cannot expect not recieve a pissed off post I mean the nerve to not contact customer after lying 1 month about it constantly.

Sitting outside yesterday evening UPS rolls up pulls out big EVGA box Im like huh what is this to big I thought never recieved a package that large from evgaa let aalone did not even know I had a package coming because not been contacted once since being lie to first week.

I had thought something good just occurred for all this weasel like bull I been fed over and over low and behold sign for it open it up and the dam thing is my bricked or fried however you wish to put it motherboard with 1 BURNED pin that intels pcb layers failed on and EVGAs board failed to keep supported thus curling it where it arked on the socket pin 1PIN I seen it bc got magnifying glass this time. But the damn board is broke into I have never seen the stupidity from any company ever in my life let aalone a company I have stuck with for long time in dealing with such matters I just raged out and chunked the 2 pieces into cow pasture across the road this has got to be lowest dumbest thing I have witnessed in my 38years of life.

This should be a warning to all for future that shows how this company has changed to handle a situation like this total bull just fault customer give short crap reason lie lie lie lie lie and ship their old junk back broke ever who did this Im sure youre logged in process we shall find out which person you are soon

YHou should be embarressed the owners should be raaging pissed this had to clear a supervisor or someone of the sort before leaving the box was fine looking so was done prepackaging forget this board its located near my house in a cow pasture if you want it back

Hello Pittbull, I am sorry for your frustrations with this matter. I was able to pull up your account and review the case but unfortunately the board you had sent to us had bent pins in the CPU socket. This is not covered by warranty as you can see HERE.

The pictures you had send to us regarding the initial issue, showed that the CPU was quite severely warped. This is likely what caused the bent pins. Because this is only a couple bent pins, it may have been possible for you to straighten these out using a small pair of tweezers. Unfortunately you indicated that you have destroyed the board so this would no longer be possible.

In the future, if you notice bent pins on a CPU socket, it is best to notify us first so we can offer possible troubleshooting without having the RMA denied. I apologize for the inconvenience that this caused you.

If you have a moment, please rate my service. We appreciate the feedback!
mrkwhlr2
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 584
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Need MOD / TECH review ongoing RMA warped i6700k from board 2018/03/05 05:12:32 (permalink)
I had same issue with 6700K. You cranked down too hard on the cooler screws and warped your cpu

Corsair Obsidian 800D |  EVGA Z490 Dark | EVGA 2080 ti  Hydro Copper | i9 10900K w/EK Supreme HF H20 block | 2x500gb Samsung 980 PRO M.2 Gen 4.0 | 2x8gb G.Skill Trident Z Royal DDR4 4000 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 T2  | r.i.p JH......

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: Need MOD / TECH review ongoing RMA warped i6700k from board 2018/03/05 06:22:20 (permalink)
I've bent pins on an X58 MB in the past despite being careful. I unscrewed a ball point pen and used the hollow end to straighten the pins. Worked very well. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

JosephL
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 662
Re: Need MOD / TECH review ongoing RMA warped i6700k from board 2018/03/05 11:41:34 (permalink)
rjohnson11
I've bent pins on an X58 MB in the past despite being careful. I unscrewed a ball point pen and used the hollow end to straighten the pins. Worked very well. 

^ Pro tip!

I have straightened many pins in my life and it is definitely possible to salvage much of the time, so long as it is not a massive amount of bent pins.

If you have a moment, please rate my service. We appreciate the feedback!
mike406
SSC Member
Re: Need MOD / TECH review ongoing RMA warped i6700k from board 2018/03/05 19:48:38 (permalink)
mrkwhlr2
I had same issue with 6700K. You cranked down too hard on the cooler screws and warped your cpu

Not necessarily the person's fault, Intel made the 6700K's PCB too thin to handle certain cooler's standard mounting pressure - https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2766265

Cordorb
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 635
Re: Need MOD / TECH review ongoing RMA warped i6700k from board 2018/03/09 17:58:10 (permalink)
I would rather see links to a Intel thread about this problem or even a cooler device thread
the motherboard is too far down the list on how to fix this problem or where to place the blame.

Would agree we are better here on advice and sympathy than the other places.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile