EVGA

Likely an unpopular opinion: A letter to EVGA about the Verified Actual Gamer Program.

Author
Tiger770
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 626
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 8
2021/03/30 14:36:58 (permalink)
I've been a longtime supporter of EVGA and have purchased your cards and motherboards exclusively for over 10 years, but I must say when I saw last week that you were in talks to provide GPUs to Linus Tech Tip's Verified Actual Gamer program, my blood ran cold and my anger boiled over.  I have no actual insight into the queue and demand for purchasing these cards retail from your site, but I can attest to you that I have been on a waiting list since 9/29 for a step up to a 3080 GPU.  The thought that rather than continue to provide cards for your current customers who are patiently waiting for GPUs for well over 6 months and instead take cards and provide them to be sold at retail through a third party is insulting on a level I'm incapable of effectively communicating to you.

I understand you have quotas and responsibilities to meet demands through retailers and that in turn affects the speed with which you can supply cards to the step up or queue program to purchase, but to willingly and voluntarily take cards that can fulfil orders from current and waiting customers is a step too far.

I will continue to wait my turn for purchase of my step up 3080 but if you continue to snub existing customers in this manner, I will have no option but to rethink my business relationship with you.

While I realize this opinion is my own and may not be a popular, I felt the need to state it openly.  I welcome feedback and input from others on the subject, as I'm curious if I'm the only one who feels this way.

6 Replies Related Threads

Jack-Rabbit
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 163
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Likely an unpopular opinion: A letter to EVGA about the Verified Actual Gamer Program. 2021/03/30 16:02:50 (permalink)
    I think everyone can understand where you are coming from and feel the same. Looking at the 3080 stepup list (non-official) you are just over the 500 mark, I myself had considered the 3080 queue and figured might as well go for the 3090, as less people will go that route. I dropped the list and readded on Oct 3 as I wanted to get one later and not so soon. But to speak about the Step-Up queue and Notify queue, I received an email about the Notify queue sooner then my Step-Up. One due to the fact that it would provide full MSRP to EVGA vs just a price difference.

One thing I give props to EVGA over any other company; they are willing to provide new cards for a return of their existing ones, no other company can say they are doing that. But at least you know that if EVGA is sending cards to LTT for this program, at least they are not going to miners but actual gamers. At least EVGA is allotting some cards to stepup.

Good luck in your wait for a new card.

transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: Likely an unpopular opinion: A letter to EVGA about the Verified Actual Gamer Program. 2021/03/30 16:08:51 (permalink)
    Tiger770
    I've been a longtime supporter of EVGA and have purchased your cards and motherboards exclusively for over 10 years, but I must say when I saw last week that you were in talks to provide GPUs to Linus Tech Tip's Verified Actual Gamer program, my blood ran cold and my anger boiled over.  I have no actual insight into the queue and demand for purchasing these cards retail from your site, but I can attest to you that I have been on a waiting list since 9/29 for a step up to a 3080 GPU.  The thought that rather than continue to provide cards for your current customers who are patiently waiting for GPUs for well over 6 months and instead take cards and provide them to be sold at retail through a third party is insulting on a level I'm incapable of effectively communicating to you.

I understand you have quotas and responsibilities to meet demands through retailers and that in turn affects the speed with which you can supply cards to the step up or queue program to purchase, but to willingly and voluntarily take cards that can fulfil orders from current and waiting customers is a step too far.

I will continue to wait my turn for purchase of my step up 3080 but if you continue to snub existing customers in this manner, I will have no option but to rethink my business relationship with you.

While I realize this opinion is my own and may not be a popular, I felt the need to state it openly.  I welcome feedback and input from others on the subject, as I'm curious if I'm the only one who feels this way.

I've been buying eVGA since ..well, before my start date on this forum.

I'm also unhappy with this decision. NONE of these youtubers should get cards before the people who've been waiting in line...period.

Will I rethink my buying from them? quite possibly.

These companies need reminding that they should support the people who support them, rather than worry about some reviewer...be that reviewer be on youtube or a magazine.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Likely an unpopular opinion: A letter to EVGA about the Verified Actual Gamer Program. 2021/03/31 04:42:03 (permalink)
    Just remember, talking isn’t doing.

Also remember, EVGA’s stock for their own store and step up is already separated from retail stock, so if the cards come from retail stock, it would never have made a single impact on EVGA store and the step up process.

P.S. I am hoping they would pull from retail stock if they agree to do this, so it doesn’t disrupt step ups or EVGA store sales.
    post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2021/03/31 04:57:14
    flasher4q
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1778
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Likely an unpopular opinion: A letter to EVGA about the Verified Actual Gamer Program. 2021/03/31 11:01:57 (permalink)
    I strongly agree with what your saying. As a matter of fact I'm selling my old 10 series cards to the highest bidder. I know this doesn't set well with people, but if it's the only to get a higher card I'm all for....Then again it's just my opinion.....

Asus ROG Strix B550-F gaming
    Ryzen7 5800x
    Corsair Dominator Platinum 32 Gig 3600
    Samsung 1T 980 PRO PCIe 4.0
    Samsung 500Gig 970 Evo PCIe 3.0
    MSI GTX 1080Ti
    Thermaltake Pump/Res combo
    Primochill 2 120x2 Radiators
    Bitspower G1/4" Premium master fittings
    Corsair RM 850x
    CoolerMaster H500P Case
    EK-Quantum Velocity D CPU cooler
    Bose Companion2 Speakers

TheDoctorCMG
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 345
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Likely an unpopular opinion: A letter to EVGA about the Verified Actual Gamer Program. 2021/03/31 11:18:04 (permalink)
    flasher4q
    I strongly agree with what your saying. As a matter of fact I'm selling my old 10 series cards to the highest bidder. I know this doesn't set well with people, but if it's the only to get a higher card I'm all for....Then again it's just my opinion.....

It's one thing to sell your old cards when the market is hot. But what I find reprehensible are those that intentionally buy extra 30 series cards just to upsell them. 

CPU: I7 7820x @ 4.7ghz
    Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Pro x299
    Mem: Corsair Vengeance LP 3000mhz
    PSU: EVGA 850 Supernova G3
    GPU: FE Nvidia RTX 3090
    Case: Corsair 5000d Airflow
    CPU Cooler: EKWB AIO 360 Elite
    IDontwantanotheraccount
    • Total Posts : 1
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Likely an unpopular opinion: A letter to EVGA about the Verified Actual Gamer Program. 2021/04/14 05:58:42 (permalink)
    I give EVGA huge props for this.  I got the FTW3 3080 waiting outside of microcenter at the crack of dawn for many days back in November.  As I stood there with the same group of people every morning only seeing the 3 or 4 come in I noticed the people at the front of the line, the people who got there first everyday (they would get there the day before), were always the same people even if they got one the day before, they were scalpers and miners (not a guess they talked about it).  Now a days my microcenter requires an ID and will only sell to one address every 30 days but that was not so back then.  I think this is a great program and it make me proud to be an EVGA owner. EVGA in this and other things.  Not only is EVGA going out of it's way to get cards into the hands of gamers but they have kept there prices reasonable on there FTW3 and that they offer step up at all, if you have not noticed some high end 3080s MSRPs are closing in on that of the Vanilla 3090.  I know you are upset you have not gotten to step up yet but many are are upset they have not even been allowed to pay full price yet even though they have been trying just as hard as you, we do what we can and I 1000% Support EVGA Helping LTT try and get cards into gaming RIGS rather than on Ebay and in mining rigs.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile