EVGA

Is it true EVGA will not be selling pascal Titans and we can’t go 4x SLI any longer

Author
xanthus1
  • Total Posts : 97
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
2016/07/28 07:26:30 (permalink)
Sense 2009 I have purchased quad SLI setups from EVGA.  I started with a dual EVGA GTX 295 in quad SLI mode.  Then in 2010 I bought quad SLI EVGA GTX 480, shortly after I upgraded to quad SLI EVGA GTX 580.  My last major upgrade in 2013 was to quad SLI EVGA Titans. 

Now my first gen Titans are starting to get long in the tooth and after seeing an email advertisement from NVidia it stirred excitement for a major upgrade.  Until I read I cannot get them from my trusted and beloved OEM provider and I can only have them in dual SLI mode.   Then I go on to read that NVidia scaling above 3 and 4 SLI really does not give any benefit which may be true with pascal it is however completely false for the first gen Titans as they scale very well with many programs.

I read about a pascal “Enthusiast Key” will it ever be released and if so will it only be limited to certain software titles?  Or is it better to go with a quad setup of EVGA GTX 980 ti classified to replace my aging 4-way Titans?

1 Reply Related Threads

CoercionShaman
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1788
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Is it true EVGA will not be selling pascal Titans and we can’t go 4x SLI any longer 2016/07/28 07:31:19 (permalink)
    xanthus1
    Sense 2009 I have purchased quad SLI setups from EVGA.  I started with a dual EVGA GTX 295 in quad SLI mode.  Then in 2010 I bought quad SLI EVGA GTX 480, shortly after I upgraded to quad SLI EVGA GTX 580.  My last major upgrade in 2013 was to quad SLI EVGA Titans. 

Now my first gen Titans are starting to get long in the tooth and after seeing an email advertisement from NVidia it stirred excitement for a major upgrade.  Until I read I cannot get them from my trusted and beloved OEM provider and I can only have them in dual SLI mode.   Then I go on to read that NVidia scaling above 3 and 4 SLI really does not give any benefit which may be true with pascal it is however completely false for the first gen Titans as they scale very well with many programs.

I read about a pascal “Enthusiast Key” will it ever be released and if so will it only be limited to certain software titles?  Or is it better to go with a quad setup of EVGA GTX 980 ti classified to replace my aging 4-way Titans?

Number of threads on SLI already that go into much detail.  Search it.  Sajin had a thread that was pretty informative with all the enthusiasts.  EDIT:  Here is one of them~ http://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2477545

Yes, only NVIDIA and system builders are getting the Titan X Pascal as it stands.  Verified in a couple of existing threads and verified by eVGA numerous times.  Search that one, too.  EDIT:  Read through this~ http://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2517857

No need to start new threads.
    post edited by CoercionShaman - 2016/07/28 07:35:58

What use is knowledge if there is no understanding?~Stobaeus
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile