EVGA

Is EVGA Aware There Are Problems With RGB/LED Control In Precision?

Author
007vsMagua
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1677
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2017/08/09 08:25:18 (permalink)
Alrighty Then, I just received my RMA replacement 1070 FTW2 as my original purchase had some LED onboard light problems. All of the LED's are now working, but I'm still not able to control the shade of various colors. I'm looking for a dark blue that matches the FTW2 dark blue on my card, but all I'm able to get is a lighter blue leaning toward violet.

Is EVGA aware of these issues and working on a solution?

"Life is like stepping onto a boat which is about to sail out to Sea and sink." _Shunryu Suzuki Roshi

EVGA __ RTX 3070 FTW Super   ---   INTEL __ i7-7700K 
MSI __ Z270 Gaming M7   ---  GSKILL __ 16GB TridentZ 3200
NZXT __ Kraken X62 / HUE+ / GRID+ v2 / AER Fans x2 / USB Hub
SAMSUNG  __ 850 EVO 500GB   ---   WD  __  1TB Black / 1TB Blue 
EVGA  __ 850 G3   ---   NZXT  __  S340 Elite (White)  -  [/siz

9 Replies Related Threads

OfftheCuff_EVGA
    • Total Posts : 22
    Re: Is EVGA Aware There Are Problems With RGB/LED Control In Precision? 2017/08/09 18:45:42 (permalink)
    Did you have the same color tones with this card that you had with the previous card?
    When you trying to match the colors, what RGB values are you using?
    Do you have any photos we can review?

Tech RayH helping you out on his (my) own time! 
    The first principle of a free society is...
    007vsMagua
    FTW Member
    Re: Is EVGA Aware There Are Problems With RGB/LED Control In Precision? 2017/08/13 09:04:06 (permalink)
    OfftheCuff_EVGA
    Did you have the same color tones with this card that you had with the previous card?
    When you trying to match the colors, what RGB values are you using?
    Do you have any photos we can review?

Yes, the color tones are pretty much the same as with the returned card. Attached are screenshots of my color choices and photos of the respective results in order. I'm not interested in doing a RMA on this card because I believe this new RBG craze is just getting started and considering how other RGB hardware is also experiencing issues I'm sure there are a lot of bugs to be worked out all around.

I should give you a rundown of the other RGB/LED software I'm using. I'm having the biggest issue with my G.Skill Trident Z RGB modules. G.Skill's beta software regularly needs to uninstalled and reinstalled because somewhere the instructions are getting screwed up. A little research indicates that the problem my lie in the SMBus. I'm not exactly sure how the SMBus works, but it appears all RGB hardware uses it and therein the problem of software conflicts may reside.

I'm also using MSI's Gaming APP to change the colors on my MB and their RGB software is very limited with only a couple of color choices. MSI's yellow color choice has a tint of green in it and a couple of the other colors have some LED's that are miscolored. I'm also using NZXT's CAM software for my fans, light strings, and pump. CAM seems to be running stable with good color control.

Once I have all the colors for everything in my PC locked-in I close G.Skill's beta, MSI's Gaming APP, and CAM because I don't want other software running in the background when I'm using Precision. When I'm running Precision and open CAM their control page will show the Precision OSD.

You will notice in the photos that Yellow is the most misbehaved. Red kind of looks a bit washed out. Blue works well enough and the other colors are close enough. It could come down to the quality of the LED's being used along with a needed update to the SMBus.

Thanks_

EDIT: Tuesday, August 15_ I've come to realize I need to have my CAM software running in order to maintain control over my NZXT fans and pump just like Precision needs to be open to control the 1070. I hope they play well together.

RED

YELLOW

ORANGE

OLIVE GREEN

BLUE

post edited by 007vsMagua - 2017/08/15 08:35:38

"Life is like stepping onto a boat which is about to sail out to Sea and sink." _Shunryu Suzuki Roshi

SystemsOgreLoad
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 103
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Is EVGA Aware There Are Problems With RGB/LED Control In Precision? 2017/08/15 08:52:18 (permalink)
    I just opened my 1080 ti sc2 yesterday and I'm having the same issue. Washed out colors on some settings
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30983
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Is EVGA Aware There Are Problems With RGB/LED Control In Precision? 2017/08/15 09:09:40 (permalink)
    You have a lot of competing colors and intensities ----> How does it look with the other LED turned Off ?

Maybe Lower the "Lum" setting for a darker blue ?

Or from your pic (post #3) try --> move Down 1 & Left 1 spot on the color chart

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

007vsMagua
    FTW Member
    Re: Is EVGA Aware There Are Problems With RGB/LED Control In Precision? 2017/08/19 07:31:56 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    You have a lot of competing colors and intensities ----> How does it look with the other LED turned Off ?

Maybe Lower the "Lum" setting for a darker blue ?

Or from your pic (post #3) try --> move Down 1 & Left 1 spot on the color chart

Thanks Cool GTX for the tip. Lowering the Lum helped a lot. I'm still not able to get a strong orange, but I did find a pumpkin color after some trial and error which is nice and should work for a Fall theme. Below are some new results with the other colors turned off.

BLUE

RED 

GREEN 

PURPLE  SKOL Vikings 

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30983
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Is EVGA Aware There Are Problems With RGB/LED Control In Precision? 2017/08/19 08:23:58 (permalink)
    glad to help - nice colors

Now if only I could get the LED on my second FTW3 Hybrid to behave -- only works in one mode (Appearance) or I loose the EVGA HYBRID Logo light -- backplate LED keeps on working

https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2707514

But they are Great at Folding at Home project

edit typo
    post edited by Cool GTX - 2017/08/19 10:18:29

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

007vsMagua
    FTW Member
    Re: Is EVGA Aware There Are Problems With RGB/LED Control In Precision? 2017/08/19 09:20:17 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    glad to help - nice colors

Now if only I could get the LED on my second FTW to behave -- only works in one mode (Appearance) or I loose the EVGA HYBRID Logo light -- backplate LED keeps on working

https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2707514

But they are Great at Folding at Home project

Yeah, I'm happy. Thanks for the link to your new post and I'll keep my eye on it as I was thinking of possibly picking up another 1070 FTW2.

__vf__
    • Total Posts : 5
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Is EVGA Aware There Are Problems With RGB/LED Control In Precision? 2017/08/19 10:00:39 (permalink)
    This is the thing I despise about LED lighting. White isn't white but quite tinted blue. All LED lighting suffers it.
    007vsMagua
    FTW Member
    Re: Is EVGA Aware There Are Problems With RGB/LED Control In Precision? 2017/08/20 06:21:45 (permalink)
    Yeah, the whites are not good. The NZXT fans, EVGA, and MSI show a tint of blue. The NZXT pump has a slight tint of pink. I think the G.Skill memory sticks have a very good white. Why G.Skill can get a good white...who knows. It could be the quality of the LED's being used or the quality of the software.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile