Intel Core Ultra "Arrow Lake" Desktop Processor De-lidded

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 84372
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 85
2024/10/17 23:57:24 (permalink)
https://www.techpowerup.com/327837/intel-core-ultra-arrow-lake-desktop-processor-de-lidded

Ahead of its October 23 release, PC enthusiast and Twitch streamer Madness727 released some of the first pictures of a de-lidded Core Ultra "Arrow Lake-S" desktop processor. There's no word on which processor model this is, but it shouldn't matter—all models being released this month are based on the same exact configuration of tiles of the "Arrow Lake-S," which means a Compute tile with an 8P+16E core CPU complex, a Graphics tile with 4 Xe cores, and the larger version of the breakout I/O tile that features an integrated Thunderbolt 4 controller.

Intel already released information on its Core Ultra "Arrow Lake-H" mobile processor that comes out in Q1-2025, which is shown featuring a physically smaller Compute tile that has a 6P+8E core CPU complex, a larger Graphics tile with 8 Xe cores, and a smaller breakout I/O tile. You can see where this is going for some of the cheaper Core Ultra 5 and Core Ultra 3 desktop processor models that release in Q1-2025. De-lidding is the process of removing the integrated heatspreader of a desktop processor to enable direct contact between the chip below, and the cooling solution. It is preferred by professional overclockers that use extreme cooling solutions.

It was just a matter of time before someone did it. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile