Hydro Copper

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
SimonOcean
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 222
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Hydro Copper 2020/09/02 10:41:28 (permalink)
moose517

I was considering the hydro copper but the RGB crap is such a turn off for me.

but how are they by default?  i'd rather not install apps just to control LEDs.  Never had anything with them on them and don't really want but not having to get a separate block would be nice, but if the LED's are on by default probably will

Ahh, I am with you brother. X299 Dark owner here and no RGB anywhere on my rig.

I think the EVGA RGB trash is controlled by the EVGA Precision X software. So if you are tweaking power settings, memory and GPU clock speeds on your fancy card then you will have the software. So you are not really installing anything extra.

Think 1: Caselabs Mercury S5 | Retired

Think 2 rev B: Caselabs Magnum SMA8/A | MSI X570 Tomahawk | R7-5800X | G.Skill DDR4 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34 | MSI RTX 3090 Suprim | 2x Samsung 970 Evo 2TB | EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1200 | Dell UP2715K 5K monitor | Twin custom water-cooling loops with Hardware Labs GTX 560 and GTS 480 with D5 pumps and Aquaero 6 XT control
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21174
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: Hydro Copper 2020/09/02 10:42:58 (permalink)
SimonOcean
I think the EVGA RGB trash is controlled by the EVGA Precision X software trash.

Fixed it for you.
There are other better software options from other sources.
For those who don't want the LEDs turned on, hopefully there will be an option to turn off the LEDs, a way for the card to remember that preference, and an option for the user to uninstall Precision and use other software from other sources without the LEDs turning back on.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

SimonOcean
Superclocked Member
Re: Hydro Copper 2020/09/02 10:44:01 (permalink)
Hah! 

Think 2 rev B: Caselabs Magnum SMA8/A | MSI X570 Tomahawk | R7-5800X | G.Skill DDR4 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34 | MSI RTX 3090 Suprim | 2x Samsung 970 Evo 2TB | EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1200 | Dell UP2715K 5K monitor | Twin custom water-cooling loops with Hardware Labs GTX 560 and GTS 480 with D5 pumps and Aquaero 6 XT control
SpadeRoyalFlush
  • Total Posts : 25
Re: Hydro Copper 2020/09/02 10:45:46 (permalink)
The 20 series block are quiet an disappointment, at least in my experience. Despite the great look, Heaven benchmark will have the GPU peaks at 75 degree, which is even 10 degree higher than the stock heatsink. I RMAed that block but did not even slap the replaced one on, order an EKWB instead and the temp did not even exceed 55 under the most stressful OC benchmark.

Given that there are better options performance wise (German blocks like Watercool Heatkiller) and this manufacture does not fabricate blocks for custom designed cards except the Asus Strix, i will rather go for a reference PCB XC3 and have a compatible Heatkiller sit on it. Since Asus is very likely to deny warranty claims if they confirms that you have modified the cooler. 
Xaelias
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 193
Re: Hydro Copper 2020/09/02 10:50:12 (permalink)
SpadeRoyalFlush
The 20 series block are quiet an disappointment, at least in my experience. Despite the great look, Heaven benchmark will have the GPU peaks at 75 degree, which is even 10 degree higher than the stock heatsink. I RMAed that block but did not even slap the replaced one on, order an EKWB instead and the temp did not even exceed 55 under the most stressful OC benchmark.

Given that there are better options performance wise (German blocks like Watercool Heatkiller) and this manufacture does not fabricate blocks for custom designed cards except the Asus Strix, i will rather go for a reference PCB XC3 and have a compatible Heatkiller sit on it. Since Asus is very likely to deny warranty claims if they confirms that you have modified the cooler. 

Did we ever confirm the XC had a reference PCB?

Also while I won't discuss the specific performances of the HC because I honestly didn't really benchmarked mine...
75° is more than good enough for a GPU. It's not like you're getting throttled at these temps.
Did you actually get better perfs with another block or just a difference in temperature? (asking for real, if I buy a 30x0 I will watercool it so...).
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: Hydro Copper 2020/09/02 10:53:02 (permalink)
Xaelias
75° is more than good enough for a GPU.

75c is really bad for a water cooled GPU.  The problem with the 2xxx series hydrocopper is some kind of manufacturing tolerance issue.  Many people experienced problems with bad mounting or unreliable mounting.
It's not like you're getting throttled at these temps.
Did you actually get better perfs with another block or just a difference in temperature? (asking for real, if I buy a 30x0 I will watercool it so...).

You don't get throttled, but you lose a lot of boost bins.  You absolutely will get better performance at 20c cooler.

I would absolutely wait until you hear a number of people's experiences with the 3xxx series hydrocoppers before making a purchasing decision.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium

Xaelias
Superclocked Member
Re: Hydro Copper 2020/09/02 10:55:59 (permalink)
ty_ger07
Xaelias

75c is really bad for a water cooled GPU.  The problem with the 2xxx series hydrocopper is some kind of manufacturing tolerance issue.  Many people experienced problems with bad mounting or unreliable mounting.

You don't get throttled, but you lose a lot of boost bins.  You absolutely will get better performance at 20c cooler.

Oh the result is bad in itself. But the GPU shouldn't really care is what I meant ;-)

Just checking back on some historical data I have on mine.
Playing OW at [link=mailto:2080p@240Hz,]2080p@240Hz,[/link] looks like I'm at a high of 57°C.

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: Hydro Copper 2020/09/02 11:00:44 (permalink)
Xaelias

Oh the result is bad in itself. But the GPU shouldn't really care is what I meant ;-)

The GPU should work problem-free, yes, with reduced performance.  You would care if you lost 45 MHz just because the waterblock you purchased worked inferior to some other water block.

Xaelias
Superclocked Member
Re: Hydro Copper 2020/09/02 11:02:22 (permalink)
ty_ger07
Xaelias

The GPU should work problem-free, yes, with reduced performance.  You would care if you lost 45 MHz just because the waterblock you purchased worked inferior to some other water block.

I mean... I kinda care. I have that waterblock. That's also why I'm asking questions.
koroem
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 120
Re: Hydro Copper 2020/09/02 11:15:46 (permalink)
SpadeRoyalFlush

Never heard of this issue... My 2080ti with a Hydro copper block is running Heaven benchmark right now at 41c and 2100mhz. The room is not air conditioned either. In the year+ that I have had this block I've never once seen temps run away like that, the hottest day I can remember the highest I saw was maybe 48-50c? Was I just lucky with a non-defective unit or was something else going on?

Asus Maximus Hero XI wifi / Intel Core i9 9900k @ 5.2 / EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra (RMAed "fixed" version)
16GB G.Skill 3200 cl14 / 2x Samsung NVME evo 970 1TB
Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1500w
Caselabs Magnum TH10
Xaelias
Superclocked Member
Re: Hydro Copper 2020/09/02 11:18:37 (permalink)
koroem
SpadeRoyalFlush

Never heard of this issue... My 2080ti with a Hydro copper block is running Heaven benchmark right now at 41c and 2100mhz. The room is not air conditioned either. In the year+ that I have had this block I've never once seen temps run away like that, the hottest day I can remember the highest I saw was maybe 48-50c? Was I just lucky with a non-defective unit or was something else going on?

If it's a tolerance issue, yeah, results may vary widely depending on the block.
I honestly don't remember seeing this issue mentioned when I bought mine (maybe I just missed it).
But it wouldn't be unheard of.
SpadeRoyalFlush
Re: Hydro Copper 2020/09/02 11:18:37 (permalink)
Xaelias
SpadeRoyalFlush

Also while I won't discuss the specific performances of the HC because I honestly didn't really benchmarked mine...
75° is more than good enough for a GPU. It's not like you're getting throttled at these temps.

The "Product positioning" of the past were always consistent, at least all the XC cards in the pass were reference PBC. I believe it is, Kingpin: Luxury/Ranked OC, FTW3U: 2nd best binned and Custom
PCB and advanced air cooler, FTW3:3rd best bin and custom PCB and advanced air cooler, XC: reference PCB and advanced air cooler, Black: all standard. 

75 is not throttling as a video card, but its is worse than the stock ICX2 cooler, this isnt a full cover waterblock at this price should perform.

The superiority of EKWB vector over the Hydroblock for 20xx is phenomenal. I game with boost lock and have Corsair Icue log both the card temp and the coolant temp for 150 min, the card temp peaks at 49 during summer ,44 during winter in Seattle. They are other sources in the EVGA forum about the EKWB vector vs EVGA Hydro Copper. Look it up. 

SpadeRoyalFlush
Re: Hydro Copper 2020/09/02 11:24:08 (permalink)
Xaelias
koroem
SpadeRoyalFlush

If it's a tolerance issue, yeah, results may vary widely depending on the block.
I honestly don't remember seeing this issue mentioned when I bought mine (maybe I just missed it).

I believe i am not the only one. Some posts in this forum had also complained the block sits too high and result in poor contact. In contrast, i can barely find any complaint on grudge on EKWB vector.
Xaelias
Superclocked Member
Re: Hydro Copper 2020/09/02 11:26:46 (permalink)
SpadeRoyalFlush
Xaelias
koroem
SpadeRoyalFlush

I believe i am not the only one. Some posts in this forum had also complained the block sits too high and result in poor contact. In contrast, i can barely find any complaint on grudge on EKWB vector.

No I believe y'all no questions asked.
And I'm not surprised that a company like EK or Aquacool is better at making blocks than EVGA is.
It just makes my life harder because now I may of to rely on one of these companies to make a block that fits whatever I'm going to buy...
HC would be the easier option is all :-)
SimonOcean
Superclocked Member
Re: Hydro Copper 2020/09/02 12:41:18 (permalink)
SpadeRoyalFlush

I run an EKWB Vector on an RTX 2080 Ti. Very happy with it. Same kind of performance results as the OP on here from Seattle.

I think the heat engine on the EK is a better design to the EVGA Block too. But that would not explain the 20-30 deg C variance that some have experienced on the HydroCoppers.

vulcan1978
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 284
Re: Hydro Copper 2020/09/02 13:50:57 (permalink)
Xaelias
ty_ger07
Xaelias
Buying a different block because you don't want to install an app is definitely your prerogative though :-)

The 2xxx series hydrocopper blocks were pretty terrible.  Unless EVGA has fixed their manufacturing problems, you probably want to buy a different block for more important reasons than LEDs or RGB.

Well that's a different thing of course :-)

But keep in mind that we have no idea what the availability for 3rd party blocks for EVGA cards is going to look like.

Reference PCB is reference PCB, any Nvidia FE block will work with the 3090 XC3 Ultra. 

For me this HydroCopper is the worst looking block I've ever seen in my entire life. I don't like the red LED strip, the gunmetal gray finish nor the pseudo tint on the bottom of the block. The only reason to get this is if youre too lazy to install your own block or are worried about block availability. If I do go with the 3090 I will probably be going XC3 Ultra and deciding between EKWB, Phanteks, AquaComputer or Heatkiller for the block. Whoever has them out and in stock first will probably be who I go with. 

8700k @ 5.1 GHz - 0 AVX @ 1.386v Dynamic Offset w/ EK Monoblock + Delid | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 | EVGA 2080 Ti XC2 Ultra @ 2130 Mhz core, 7950 MHz memory @ 1.063v w/ 375W FTW3 vbios + Phanteks Glacier Block  | EK CE 420 + EK XE 360 | 2x16GB G-Skill Trident Z Royal 3600 MHz 17-20-20-38 | 2 TB Sabrent Rocket | Corsair RM1000x | Thermaltake View 71 | Alienware AW3418DW + Asus ROG Swift PG278Q (for 3D Vision) on Amazon Basics Arms | Win10 Pro 1809

philosophersbunker.blogspot.com
Xaelias
Superclocked Member
Re: Hydro Copper 2020/09/02 13:53:37 (permalink)
vulcan1978
Reference PCB is reference PCB, any Nvidia FE block will work with the 3090 XC3 Ultra. 

For me this HydroCopper is the worst looking block I've ever seen in my entire life. I don't like the red LED strip, the gunmetal gray finish nor the pseudo tint on the bottom of the block. The only reason to get this is if youre too lazy to install your own block or are worried about block availability. If I do go with the 3090 I will probably be going XC3 Ultra and deciding between EKWB, Phanteks, AquaComputer or Heatkiller for the block. Whoever has them out and in stock first will probably be who I go with. 

My last card was the 2080 HC, only because it was overall cheaper.
Before that I had a 1080 SC that I bought a block for (AquaComputer IIRC) separately.

I would have liked to go with a FTW, that's why block availability is a concern.
And that's why the HC (whether bought as is, or separately) is the easy way out of this problem :-)
aTeam
  • Total Posts : 13
Re: Hydro Copper 2020/09/02 16:59:52 (permalink)
SpadeRoyalFlush

As another poster said, in most applications my 2080 ti FTW3 with a hydrocopper block doesn't get over low 40s. On hot days, in tough games I've seen it max at 52c. Either bad installation or block.
 I should mention, that's on the OC bios and a heavy OC on it with maxed out power

Intel Core i7 920 HT Enabled, ~3.2GHz (160x20)
3GB Corsair Dominator 1600MHz
750 GB WD Caviar Black
EVGA GTX 295+
Acer P243W 24" 1920x1200 2ms, Sony 15" 1024x768
X-Fi XTremeGamer/ATH-AD700
Razer DeathAdder/Razer Goliathus (speed)
Windows Vista Ultimate SP 1
Gigabyte EX58-UD5
Antec P182
vulcan1978
iCX Member
Re: Hydro Copper 2020/09/02 21:08:49 (permalink)
Xaelias
vulcan1978

My last card was the 2080 HC, only because it was overall cheaper.
Before that I had a 1080 SC that I bought a block for (AquaComputer IIRC) separately.

I would have liked to go with a FTW, that's why block availability is a concern.
And that's why the HC (whether bought as is, or separately) is the easy way out of this problem :-)

Yes that was my idea too but I remember just reading something here in
this sub-forum about how this time around there may not actually be
any reference PCB cards, including the XC3, and that all of the cards
are going to have traditional 8x8 pin power. I will try to find the
thread.

Knowing this I'm starting to lean towards reference 3090 as I will be
putting under water block and want a block as quickly as possible and
HydroCopper is out of the question, not just from an aesthetic
perspective, but someone stated in the Hydro Copper thread that the HC
they had with 2080 Ti ran at 70C, all they did was switch to an EK
block and the load temps dropped to 55C. No other changes. Likely the
result of greater surface area / fin density of the EK block. 10GB of
video memory isn't enough and I don't want to wait for 3080 Ti 6
months from now for $1000. I upgraded extremely late in the life cycle
of Turing (1080 Ti to 2080 Ti only 6 months ago, XC2 used) and I'm
just tired up upgrading mid-cycle only for the next best thing to come
out 1.5 years later. I am also doing VR with an HP Reverb G2 @
2160x2160x2 and VR is already incredibly video memory hungry with the
Index (5.5% less resolution accounting for the way SteamVR works, saw
10.5GB of memory usage in Half Life: Alyx on average). I'm also in a
position where I can afford it as a disabled veteran about to get
rating increase. If I couldn't afford it I wouldn't go for it, video
games are my life, all I think about is having the fastest GPU because
I like to turn everything up and I'm running content on a 120 Hz
3440x1440 2D panel on top of 3D Vision on a PG278Q @ 2560x1440x2. But
mostly because I know I'm going to spend more time in VR.

I will look for thread where it's confirmed that we don't know that
the not FTW3 cards and lower will be reference PCB this time around.

8700k @ 5.1 GHz - 0 AVX @ 1.386v Dynamic Offset w/ EK Monoblock + Delid | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 | EVGA 2080 Ti XC2 Ultra @ 2130 Mhz core, 7950 MHz memory @ 1.063v w/ 375W FTW3 vbios + Phanteks Glacier Block  | EK CE 420 + EK XE 360 | 2x16GB G-Skill Trident Z Royal 3600 MHz 17-20-20-38 | 2 TB Sabrent Rocket | Corsair RM1000x | Thermaltake View 71 | Alienware AW3418DW + Asus ROG Swift PG278Q (for 3D Vision) on Amazon Basics Arms | Win10 Pro 1809

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: Hydro Copper 2020/09/02 21:34:59 (permalink)
Aquacomputer has announced that it will be creating blocks for the Nvidia FE 3070-3090 lineup but stated it won't start till things get going.  

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
vulcan1978
iCX Member
Re: Hydro Copper 2020/09/02 21:57:20 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
Aquacomputer has announced that it will be creating blocks for the Nvidia FE 3070-3090 lineup but stated it won't start till things get going.  

I intend to put whatever I get under a water block and am leaning towards reference PCB because blocks for that will be out by all manufacturers right off the bat. I'm worried that the XC3 may not share the same board layout or size and therefore the reference PCB compatible blocks will not work with it and then we are at the mercy of a block manufacturer to develop a block and that could take months even if they do. Not interested in HydroCopper, the red LED strip is a huge turn off, I also hear they aren't the best performing. 

Xaelias
Superclocked Member
Re: Hydro Copper 2020/09/03 06:39:51 (permalink)
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-vector-rtx-3080-3090-d-rgb-nickel-plexi

First real look at the first EK block.
Obviously no word yet on compatibility with anything else than reference PCB.
chumeniuk
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 176
Re: Hydro Copper 2020/09/03 06:48:07 (permalink)
The EKWB blocks look like they are pretty short since it's based on the reference design.

https://www.ekwb.com/nvidia/

Xaelias
Superclocked Member
Re: Hydro Copper 2020/09/03 06:49:19 (permalink)
Yeah as they should be.
SimonOcean
Superclocked Member
Re: Hydro Copper 2020/09/03 07:20:54 (permalink)
The EK water block looks really nice. Much like their 2000-series blocks. However they make the point of saying that the Founders Edition does NOT use a reference PCB and as such this water block will NOT be suitable for FE cards.

Hopefully we get more information about Nvidia Partner card availability and pricing soon. I really do like the look of the Founders Edition air cooler that Nvidia has come up with this time round. Very attractive design and looks like it will be quite capable too.

Xaelias
Superclocked Member
Re: Hydro Copper 2020/09/03 07:23:32 (permalink)
Yeah the placement of the power connector of the FE might make the waterblock design unusual...
chumeniuk
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 176
Re: Hydro Copper 2020/09/03 09:44:55 (permalink)
What's interesting is that FE isn't necessarily a reference design.  Meaning, that AIB partners have a standard reference that's more like a traditional layout.

vulcan1978
iCX Member
Re: Hydro Copper 2020/09/03 11:18:48 (permalink)
Xaelias
SpadeRoyalFlush

ty_ger07
Xaelias

I would absolutely wait until you hear a number of people's experiences with the 3xxx series hydrocoppers before making a purchasing decision.

Xaelias
ty_ger07
Xaelias

Just checking back on some historical data I have on mine.
Playing OW at [link=mailto:2080p@240Hz,]2080p@240Hz,[/link] looks like I'm at a high of 57°C.

ty_ger07
Xaelias

Xaelias
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-vector-rtx-3080-3090-d-rgb-nickel-plexi

First real look at the first EK block.
Obviously no word yet on compatibility with anything else than reference PCB.

This quoting format is so bad! Multi-quoting is just an absolute nightmare, try and make sense of this, whose idea was this format?! This nonsense only seems to exist here on this forum. No-one else is doing this, I don't even know how to multi-quote this, so I will do my best to copy and paste some of the statements that I would like to reply to below italicized and in bold. 

75C is NOT more than good enough for the GPU. With lower component temp you can reduce both the amount of voltage required to sustain a given freq. and hence the wattage. Allow me to elaborate, this applies to 1080 Ti and 2080 Ti, and possibly 980 Ti and 780 Ti as well, but I only started undervolting with 1080 Ti, with 1080 Ti FE with default vbios and voltage I would be at like 55 FPS (3D Vision, which is 110 FPS 2D, 2560x1440 PG278Q)with the clocks dipping down from 2000 MHz all the way down to 1935 etc @ 1.069v not because of dropping bins but because I was at the 300W limit of the bios. Simply pressing Alt+F to bring up the voltage - frequency curve in MSI AB and through trial and error I was able to drop the voltage down to 1.025v and the clocks were at 2000 MHz at the same wattage and I recouped like 3 FPS (6 FPS 2D). While not a huge amount, sometimes a few FPS can be the difference between a stuttery experience at 55 FPS or a much smoother experience the closer you get to 60. This was a 5% gain simply by reducing the voltage, and hence the wattage required to sustain a given freq. But to do this, you need to bring the core temp down. With 1080 Ti under full water block my core temp didn't exceed 45C. 

Fast forward to 2080 Ti XC2 under full water block and a pump and radiator upgrade and it's the same story this time around. My XC2 with FTW3 bios doesn't exceed 40-42C under full load at 370W at around 70F ambient. I'm similarly running an undervolt of 1.025v on the volt+freq curve and it will do 2070 MHz core and 7900 MHz memory (Samsung B Die) here. I've played around with trying to secure just 2100 Mhz core with the max factory voltage (I believe 1.069v) and it doesn't matter, more voltage doesn't help, it just drives the wattage drawn at any given freq up 30-40W. 

Before upgrading my radiators (EK 420 SE, 28mm > EK 420 CE, 45mm and EK PE 360 @ 38mm to EK XE 360 @ 60mm) and pumps, from single DDC to serial D5's) my core would get up to 50C with this card, and I could not get away with 2070 MHz @ 1.025v. It could do 2025 Mhz @ 50C @ 1.025v. Simply bringing the core down to 40C allowed for securing another 50 Mhz with no additional voltage. 

Also, component longevity is affected by operating temperature, voltage and wattage. You want to bring all of these down as low as possible. 

You also drop bins, I believe it's 15Mhz every 10C or something like that but I could be mistaken because I don't experience it. 

Here's my system if anyone is curious: 

https://youtu.be/mjG6gQfULw0

https://youtu.be/irWFrYd3lDA

No it's not, not for longevity, performance, acoustics or efficiency. 75C under a water block, that's about as bad as it can possibly get. 

Oh yeah it does

SimonOcean
The EK water block looks really nice. Much like their 2000-series blocks. However they make the point of saying that the Founders Edition does NOT use a reference PCB and as such this water block will NOT be suitable for FE cards.

Hopefully we get more information about Nvidia Partner card availability and pricing soon. I really do like the look of the Founders Edition air cooler that Nvidia has come up with this time round. Very attractive design and looks like it will be quite capable too.

I don't understand what EK are referring to, Nvidia are not calling the 3070, 3080 and 3090 Founders Edition cards and I see no other "reference PCB" cards, what are they talking about? Is there going to be a standard GPU layout and size shared by the other manufacturers this time around, i.e. XC3 and whatever "reference PCB" cards Asus, Gigabyte, MSI and others have on offer? 

I intend to get whatever model I can put a water block on as quickly as possible, at this point I'm leaning towards the Nvidia 3090 as I'm under the impression that block availability will be the fastest and widest for reference PCB. HydroCopper is out of the question, it looks atrocious with the red LED stripe "PRO GAMER" aesthetic from 2010 and hearing that the previous gen block had the card in question at 75C isn't confidence inspiring. 

SimonOcean
Superclocked Member
Re: Hydro Copper 2020/09/03 12:02:38 (permalink)
vulcan1978

I don't understand what EK are referring to, Nvidia are not calling the 3070, 3080 and 3090 Founders Edition cards and I see no other "reference PCB" cards, what are they talking about? 
I intend to get whatever model I can put a water block on as quickly as possible...

1) Nvidia Founders Edition cards for 3000 series are not using reference PCBs.

2) Then you will need a basic model card from one of Nvidia's OEM Partners like EVGA, Asus whatever. We still don't know exactly which card. Mind you they are announcing them now. MSI - I know - did a presentation this evening in which they probably gave details.

vulcan1978
iCX Member
Re: Hydro Copper 2020/09/03 12:09:20 (permalink)
SimonOcean
vulcan1978

I don't understand what EK are referring to, Nvidia are not calling the 3070, 3080 and 3090 Founders Edition cards and I see no other "reference PCB" cards, what are they talking about? 
I intend to get whatever model I can put a water block on as quickly as possible...

1) Nvidia Founders Edition cards for 3000 series are not using reference PCBs.

2) Then you will need a basic model card from one of Nvidia's OEM Partners like EVGA, Asus whatever. We still don't know exactly which card. Mind you they are announcing them now. MSI - I know - did a presentation this evening in which they probably gave details.

Again, there is no FE this time around. I was and until corrected still am under the impression that Nvidia's current 3070, 3080 and 3090 is actually the reference design. I'm hearing that there is a different "reference design" and my question is, is there going to be universal different design. I'm primarily concerned with block availability and compatibility. Leaning towards Nvidia because I thought that their cards would have blocks available the fastest but now I'm worried that Nvidia's cards will not have blocks immediately or widely available because of their 12 pin power delivery and V shaped cut-out in the PCB, even though technically, this is the reference design. 

Why hasn't EVGA released any information on their PCB design in this regard? I need to know this before the 17th or 24th, if this information doesn't become available from them I may pull the trigger on an Nvidia reference design. Still trying to figure this out, have yet to find any concrete info. 

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile