EVGA

GTX 980 Classified causes system to run slow

Author
kinghq1
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/07/23 07:19:42 (permalink)
I had a GTX 780ti Classified.  Loved it.  Did everything it was suppose to do and more.  Handled everything I threw at it with easy.  I have a program I run in the background called BOINC.  It's a numbers crunching program that a lot of Scientific communities use to analyze various data streams.  From breast exam X-rays looking for breast cancer, to radio frequencies searching for ET.  I've use it for years with both my CPU and, when the technology came out, GPU.  I've never had any video card NOT be able to handle it.  Until now.
My 780ti went out in January and when I did the RMA EVGA sent me out a GTX 980 Classified.  I was excited thinking that I got an upgrade.  I couldn't be more disappointed.  Randomly sitting here my screen goes blank and then comes back on.  Thought it was my HDMI cable.  Nope.  Does the same thing with a regular VGA and DGI cable as well.  Thought it was drivers.  Nope.  Issue has continued through the multiple driver updates over the last several months.  Though maybe it was Windows so I did a Format/Reinstall.  Nope.  No matter what I do the card resets.  I even upgraded my cooling system thinking maybe it was heat.  Nope.
When I have BOINC running the problem gets even worse.  I can't play a simple game of hearts or solitaire without video latency.  Like on the main EVGA home page, the pictures stutter across the screen instead of flowing.  

I see that a LOT of people are having similar issues with the 900 Cards.  Is there a problem with the GPU it self?

Any suggestions?

1 Reply Related Threads

Tech_RayH
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 834
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: GTX 980 Classified causes system to run slow 2016/07/23 07:40:36 (permalink)
    It is possible that there could be an issue with the replacement card. We do apologize about that. If possible we would recommend that you try to test the card in another computer. Since this is an issue with the RMA card we recommend that you reach out to us directly at Support@EVGA.com

...an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum.
    - Adlai E. Stevenson

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile