EVGA

GTX 680 Hydro Copper WB on GTX 680 Classified?

Author
KraemerSXED
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2024/10/24 13:18:58 (permalink)
Digging deep with this question but maybe someone knows the answer.

Would a EVGA GTX 680 Hydro Copper water block work on the GTX 680 Classified?

I had two WB sitting new in box. Sold them, buyer wants to return them because they have a classified GTX 680. I know at one point EVGA had a WB for the classified. But it's hard finding photos of the connecting points for comparing.

5 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30922
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: GTX 680 Hydro Copper WB on GTX 680 Classified? 2024/10/24 13:44:29 (permalink)
    WB from GPUs from 2012 -- maybe someone has an answer for you

EVGA - Product Specs - EVGA GeForce GTX 680 Hydro Copper

EVGA GeForce GTX 680 Classified Hydro Copper

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

When someone does not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place; you can't use reason to convince them otherwise!
    KraemerSXED
    Re: GTX 680 Hydro Copper WB on GTX 680 Classified? 2024/10/24 13:50:00 (permalink)
    That's neat you were able to find that. I also found this on the web.archive

edit: I guess I can't share the link? But anyways, web.archive has the webpage from EVGA saved and all it says for both WB is
      EVGA Water Block
      • Swappable Inlet/Outlet
      • Full Cover Block
      • .25mm x .35mm pin matrix for optimal thermal transfer

But just like the link to those docs you shared it seems more about the cards performance and not the water block specs themselves.
    post edited by KraemerSXED - 2024/10/24 13:52:15
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: GTX 680 Hydro Copper WB on GTX 680 Classified? 2024/10/24 13:52:26 (permalink)
    I was looking for physical differences

found this:  Meet The EVGA GeForce GTX 680 Classified

Classy looks bigger in link above:

(excerpt)
    "Breaking the card down as we always do, we’ll start with the fundamentals of the card. As we typically see with these premium overclocking cards, the GTX 680 Classified is far bigger than a standard GTX 680. EVGA is still using a double-wide design, however with the need to fit additional VRM circuitry for overclocking the card is longer and taller than a standard GTX 680. Altogether the GTX 680 Classified measures 11 inches long and 4.95 inches tall, making it roughly an inch longer and an inch taller than NVIDIA’s reference design. Consequently this definitely isn’t a card that will fit in every case – its length should fit in most cases, but depending on the case its height may be an issue."

I tried to go to EK website & see what their chart says for EK blocks, sometimes it is a good indicator --- 404 error (too old?)

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

When someone does not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place; you can't use reason to convince them otherwise!
    KraemerSXED
    Re: GTX 680 Hydro Copper WB on GTX 680 Classified? 2024/10/24 14:18:54 (permalink)

Big brain, went to a text chat with the person that bought my 680s. I had to reinstall the old heatsinks so I took a snap of the card thankfully. The classified is clearly wider. My picture is of the 680 SC Sig2.

I would bet the WB connect to the same points for cooling but I am having doubts now that all of the bolt holes will line up. Unfortunate.

Funny you mention EK because that is what I ended up using and how I ended up with 2 brand new Hydrocoppers in the closet for 12 years.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: GTX 680 Hydro Copper WB on GTX 680 Classified? 2024/10/24 14:50:30 (permalink)
    Well stuff happens & if you need 2 New in Box EK 2080 Ti WB, send me a PM

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile