EVGA

Hot!UK RMA Instructions - Guide

Author
I_R0M_I
  • Total Posts : 56
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2021/12/23 05:01:21 (permalink)
I dont know if this will be stickied, archived somewhere, or at least be useful via a search.

But it seems there is a lot of worry / confusion over the process. I have just gone through it, and thought I would detail what I did. It was pretty straightforward tbh.

I had a 3080 Ultra black screen, I was sure it was gpu. I went for an Advanced RMA because I'm impatient. This means you pay a hefty deposit, they ship you a replacement, you return original, and get refunded.
Instructions will be the same, but in a different order perhaps for a standard RMA. Either way, a card is shipped both directions.

• Open Ticket with support to enable RMA creation - I phoned them on 01788 247 506. Waited about 20 mins, ticket was raised, number was already on RMA when I started it.
        You can also do via your EVGA account.
  • Open RMA via account, fill out everything. This will then be checked and approved by EVGA.
  • This is where I was asked to pay my deposit. £1545. Obviously a standard rma wont require this.
  • Card arrived with me without issue. Sat at customs Thursday night, released Monday. I got it Tuesday. No charges, no VAT, no fees. This took just over 2 weeks. Which if Im honest, I thought would be quicker. Will go into detail after steps.
  • Returning the card, I boxed in the packaging the replacement arrived in. Follow the guidelines from EVGA https://images.evga.com/warranty/shipping/GPU_EU_Shipping_Guidelines.pdf I used UPS, I did have to create an account for this. I got to payment without it, but then it said internal security requires it is checked etc. When I rang UPS, they explained I need an account. https://www.ups.com/ship/guided/origin?tx=11090750309186886&loc=en_GB
  • Fill out Sender details, then EVGAs. Will ask for dimensions, weight, value. I put £1545 here, as to me, if it goes missing, thats what I lose. For a standard RMA, it would have a lower value. This did not affect the shipping in anyway other than I guess cost. I used UPS Express Saver option, this was £31.29. 
  • Onto shipment details. I selected 'I am returning items' and entered 'Graphics Card - Faulty PC Part' as description. Click Get Started, this will open a further description / shipment details window. I put Graphics Card - Faulty PC Part
    RMA Case
    No Commercial Value / Not for re-sale
    Unit Value of 790 Euros, this was on the Pro Forma from EVGA ( You may have to get this info from them is using standard RMA)s Card - Enter the rest of the boxes, EAN number, Each, quantity 1 etc. For the Harmonised Tariff Code, I used 847330.Faulty PC Part
    You have just created your Invoice for the shipment.
  • It will now show available forms, commercial invoice under the Get Started button, click edit/view. Click edit by Shipment Information, select DDP from the Terms Of Sale Incoterm drop down box. I entered the RMA number as the invoice number here. In additional comments, I re entered the Graphics Card - Faulty PC Part, RMA Case, No Commercial Value / Not for re-sale part. I selected 'Standard' declaration. Save and close.
  • I ticked the IOSS box, chose payment method, here it said Duty would be 150 euros! I rang UPS, they explained thats based purely off the value. The system doesnt understand it wont apply due to RMA return etc. And to basically ignore it, but also said customs decide not them if it actually does accrue and charges. I paid, printed the 3 copies of the invoice required, the labels etc.
  • You need a CN23 form included. I couldnt see this on the UPS site, and did it via the Post Office. https://www.postoffice.co.uk/mail/customs-forms/CN23-form-guide Fill it out, using the same address, HS Code, Description. Returned Goods, the value I converted the 790 euros to GBP. Print this and put in with the invoices.
  • Attach all of these documents inside the documents wallet on the box. Dont seal them inside the actual box, as customs need to get them. 3 x invoice, CN23
  • Thats it. EVGA received the card today, with no fees or issues to my knowledge. Obviously they wouldnt pay any fees! So now im just waiting on the refund.

Now the experience, and time frame. 
Rang technical 29/11 8 am. Opened RMA around 9am same day. Was approved later that afternoon, I paid the deposit that afternoon around 4pm.
Website said 3 days dispatch, email said 2. Had an email Friday 3/12 saying it had shipped. Turns out, this actually meant they had arranged shipping. The card wasnt collected until Monday 6th. It arrived to UK customs Thursday 9/12. Was released from customs Monday 13/12, arrived with me Tuesday 14/12.
In an ideal world, EVGA could have dispatched it quicker, and Customs could have released it quicker. But I guess, with Covid and Brexit, 2 weeks isnt the end of the world, but it sure felt like it!
Returning it, UPS collected it on Monday 20/12, it arrived with EVGA Thursday 23/12. For a total of £31.29

Sadly, the LEDs on the replacement card are faulty, so it looks like Im going to have to do this all over again! Petty as it seems, why should i suffer a lower resale. Plus the ones affected are genuinely the colour I use too.
I would assume that the card was function tested, but not the LEDs. They look fine on rainbow. But turn them off, some stay green. Choose certain colours, those ones are wrong. 

Anyway, I hope this helps some of you. Im happy to answer any other questions, though I think Ive covered it all.

2 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30861
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: UK RMA Instructions - Guide 2021/12/24 12:58:45 (permalink)
    nice detail list, this may help others

Thanks for sharing

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

When someone does not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place; you can't use reason to convince them otherwise!
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30861
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: UK RMA Instructions - Guide 2024/10/15 09:57:11 (permalink)
    pinned

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

When someone does not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place; you can't use reason to convince them otherwise!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile