Hot!Sharkoon Shows New Wooden Mechanical Keyboards at Computex

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 84372
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 85
2024/06/11 04:50:57 (permalink)
https://www.techpowerup.com/323497/sharkoon-shows-new-wooden-mechanical-keyboards-at-computex

At Computex 2024, we discovered in Sharkoon's booth, among many other products, the latest additions to its keyboard portfolio: the Sharkoon SGK50 PBT Wood series. These newly announced mechanical keyboards have one particular thing - they are made of wood (body, baseplate, palm rest). To quote Sharkoon, "they are the world's first wooden mechanical keyboards to be mass-produced," so we can expect decent prices for something that was previously considered a premium, limited-edition product. They do look really nice and we already can see them fit to those who appreciate classic, elegant design with a touch of wood.

The keyboards come in three sizes: a 60% model, the SGK50 S2 PBT Wood; a 75% one, the SGK50 S3 PBT Wood; and the full-size 96% format known as SGK50 S4 PBT Wood. The primary difference lies in their size, as the internal components are the same - based on Sharkoon's SGK50 with Gateron G Pro 3.0 Yellow switches and a hot-swap PCB for 3-pin and 5-pin switches. Interestingly, each keyboard is unique in appearance, as the base is CNC-milled from a single piece of wood, giving them slight visual differences. We don't have an exact date for when these wooden mechanical keyboards will be available in stores. However, the prices seem to range from €149.9 to €169.9.

I have to admit that I like the look of the wood. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

1 Reply Related Threads

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18138
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: Sharkoon Shows New Wooden Mechanical Keyboards at Computex 2024/06/13 05:19:01 (permalink)

Wooden keyboards have been around for many years, although they've usually been priced quite high thus have been pretty much a niche market. I love how they look, I've always wanted one, and a wooden case too. Mass producing presumably makes them more affordable. This one looks like it's just a chunk of wood with a single area cut out in the center, the rest is a standard keyboard dropped into that space. Wonder how thick (height) the thing is - looks pretty chunky at the front.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile