EVGA

EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra - Red LED/No video output. Dead?

Author
Ortonruk
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2024/03/23 18:26:41 (permalink)
Hello,

First of all - I apologise if I have posted this under the wrong section.

This morning I purchased & downloaded Dragon's Dogma II. After launching the game for the first time and switching the display mode in-game from Windowed -> Fullscreen, my monitor immediately shut off...
When I looked at my PC I noticed all of the normal LED's had switched off on my 3090 with only a single red LED lit up remaining. It is the left-most LED which is illuminated, i.e. not any of the LED's above any of the three power connectors.
From what I read online (and hopefully someone can confirm this), the left-most LED signifies that there is a short-circuit or other technical fault and the other LED's are illuminated when there is a power issue with one of the three possible connectors - is that correct?
I have been able to connect my monitor to the integrated Intel GPU and boot the PC successfully which rulles out the possibility that the issue is related to my power supply or any other component(s). FWIW - I have been using three separate power cables from my PSU, with no daisy-chaining/splitting.

Given that it sadly appears the card is dead, I wanted to get the opinions of you folks to see if you can help me with what my options are. I purchased the card at the end of January 2021 so it has just ended it's 3 year warranty period.
Am I therefore right in thinking that EVGA will not accept the card for an RMA? I feel a little sick at the thought that I might be £2100 out of pocket for a top of the range product that has only lasted just over three years :(
Also, after doing a bit of reading on this forum I saw a lot of posts about the "0.1" board. I've had a look at mine and it is indeed also a 0.1 board. I was completely unaware there had been lots of issues related to this 0.1 board and that EVGA had updated it with a 1.0 and later 1.2 versions.
Should my 0.1 variant not have been part of a product recall by EVGA? It isn't leaving a good taste in my mouth knowing that i've been running a ticking time bomb for the past three years that I could (and would!) have RMA'd before it's 3 year warranty period if I had known about this issue.

PS. I have already contacted the retailer I purchased it from by way of a support ticket, but they are shut over the weekend so I imagine I won't hear back from them until Monday at the earliest.

Any advice or suggestions would be most appreciated.

4 Replies Related Threads

tattude69
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 465
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra - Red LED/No video output. Dead? 2024/03/23 18:41:37 (permalink)
    I would also contact EVGA support explain the situation and see what they say.

Ortonruk
    Re: EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra - Red LED/No video output. Dead? 2024/03/23 18:58:23 (permalink)
    Thanks - I've just opened a support question with them to see if they can help.

Given that they are now out of the GPU market and the age of the 3090, I have to admit i'm not holding much hope that they will have any brand new spare 3090 cards laying around to offer as a replacement!
    fate86
    Re: EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra - Red LED/No video output. Dead? 2024/03/28 13:28:06 (permalink)
    Finding myself in the same situation, same issue. Paid a ridiculous amount for my 3090FTW3 back when things were crazy and my card is doing the same. Funny enough, its an RX card, which was a warranty replacement. Anyone wanna buy this thing for parts?
    fate86
    Re: EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra - Red LED/No video output. Dead? 2024/03/29 01:09:34 (permalink)
    Received a reply from support and was told to re-seat my card and make sure my 8-pin connectors are secure 

I have EVGA products from 15 years ago registered to my account, would be awesome to hear back from someone who isn't copy pasting replies from a script and otherwise telling owners of their $1800 GPU that they are f*cked after 2 years of ownership. Given how many threads this forum has on the 3090, there is a serious defect with these cards.

Rocking my 1070Ti FTW3 that is 7 years old and still going strong till I hear back.

"Hi ******,

I am sorry to hear this and if you have not done so re-seat the card in the system and the power connections on the card. If possible try different power cables from the power supply to the card. If you are using a PCIe riser or power adapter/extension try without it. You can also try the other vBIOS on the card by moving the BIOS switch to the left of the power connections to the other position and then turning on the system. If you had Fast Boot enabled and you do not have any video you may need to reset the BIOS so  it re-checks the card to see the selected vBIOS.

Also, if possible try the card in another system to verify if it follows the card.

Unfortunately if the card has failed it is out of warranty and we do not have any out of warranty repair options. We can still provide tech support to try and get it working again.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,
    EVGA"
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile