EVGA

Z12 Going Crazy

Author
davepwhite
  • Total Posts : 20
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2022/09/17 08:05:52 (permalink)
I ordered 2 Z12 keyboards and wrist rests. I got the shipment on August 9, 2022 and have been using one of the units since then. I have posted some questions/comment on this forum during that time.

Over the last few days I have noticed that the unit is not only failing to work properly but it also is somehow ruining my Windows sessions. The unit somehow gets into CAP-LOCK mode and does not indicate that it is. But all I type prove to be CAPS. When this happens, all hell breaks loose including corruption of the Windows start button menu.

Sadly, I have come to believe that these units are flawed and I no longer trust them. I have gone back to my plain old Logitech keyboard and wish to return these for my money back.

Please advise to this can be accomplished.

Thanks

PS - have already updated to latest software in case anyone asks...
post edited by davepwhite - 2022/09/17 09:22:35

2 Replies Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10103
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Z12 Going Crazy 2022/09/17 10:50:45 (permalink)
    Have you tried another USB port as sometimes new USB devices added to the system can cause problems.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

davepwhite
    • Total Posts : 20
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Z12 Going Crazy 2022/09/17 10:58:18 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    Have you tried another USB port as sometimes new USB devices added to the system can cause problems.

To be 100% honest, I have not. My keyboard is shared via a KVM switch and changing all of that is a big hassle. Also, for the 1st month that this was in use, it used the same USB as I have always used - without troubles. This morning I replace the Z12 with my old Logitech and it is working fine. I am pretty satisfied in concluding that the issue is the keyboard and not the USB. Thanks!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile