Part number limit not present in 2021 => denied my 2021 step up in 2022

Author
Aquankh
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/05/17 07:06:49 (permalink)
Hello

I have two evga gpu cards. I have bought them in 2021 and signed them up for step up on 1st may 2021. Back then there was no rule I can't step up to the same card/samePN so I have chosen two identical models of rtx 3060 Ti.
Now, after 1 year of waiting I have finally received step up information for both cards, but one of them was already denied without a reason. So I have asked support by email, and they informed me it was denied because I can't step up to the same PN more than once. The support person I was emailing with said he can't do anything because it depends on the step-up department. I didn't get an answer from him how to contact step-up department, but I thought the forums have really great support from what I have seen here, so maybe I will find help here.

I just don't find it fair that after one year of waiting for step up it was denied. Just because rules were changed 7 months after my step up registration. Rules changing should not be retroactive.

To be sure I'm not imagining things I have checked historical version of site from June 2021 and it has no mention of PN limit (I have used web archive). 

Thanks for reading
post edited by Aquankh - 2022/05/17 07:39:35

5 Replies Related Threads

Aquankh
    Re: Part number limit not present in 2021 => denied my 2021 step up in 2022 2022/05/17 07:47:39 (permalink)
    I just received answer for question about how to contact this step-up department. Answer is actually not answering my question, it is actually asking me to accept their view of the world where you can change anything you want, anytime you want. Again using part number thing that was not present in 2021. Seriously as a customer I feel dissatisfied and misled.

Many thanks for your quick message.
    According to our terms and conditions it is noted so:

"There is currently no limit to the number of times customers may use the Step-Up program, but customers may not Step-Up to the same part number more than once. EVGA Step-Up products are limited to one Step-Up per part number, per person, per household.
    EVGA reserves the right to cancel a customer’s Step-Up at any time and for any reason.
    EVGA reserves the right to change the terms of the Step-Up program at any time without notice.
    EVGA reserves the right to cancel the Step-Up program at any time and for any reason."

Therefore, I ask you to accept this decision.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.
    post edited by Aquankh - 2022/05/17 07:49:31
    RelaX92
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: Part number limit not present in 2021 => denied my 2021 step up in 2022 2022/06/01 08:00:00 (permalink)
    Same for me, the sad thing is, I first selected different cards for my Step-Ups. But I changed my mind in the 90 days window to two 3080 - which was perfectly fine and allowed back then.

Now I'm not even able to change the Step-Up to a different card, because it's outside the 90 days time schedule. But hey, EVGA changed the PN while I was waiting to a different card, but now they can't change it...

So, I'm stuck with a 2060, which was way to expensive, but I was like "fine, atleast I can Step-Up".
    Aquankh
    Re: Part number limit not present in 2021 => denied my 2021 step up in 2022 2022/06/03 07:51:16 (permalink)
    RelaX92
    Same for me, the sad thing is, I first selected different cards for my Step-Ups. But I changed my mind in the 90 days window to two 3080 - which was perfectly fine and allowed back then.

Now I'm not even able to change the Step-Up to a different card, because it's outside the 90 days time schedule. But hey, EVGA changed the PN while I was waiting to a different card, but now they can't change it...

So, I'm stuck with a 2060, which was way to expensive, but I was like "fine, atleast I can Step-Up".

Ask them to reactivate the denied step-up to a previous step up that had different PN. Sometimes they can do that and it's worth a shot if you overpaid for 2060.
    EVGATech_MatthewC
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 128
    Re: Part number limit not present in 2021 => denied my 2021 step up in 2022 2022/06/03 12:03:07 (permalink)

Per Step-Up Terms and Conditions, EVGA reserves the right to change the terms of the Step-Up program at any time without notice.

You can email support@evga.com and we may be able to work with you on an exception, but this would be determined on a case-by-case basis. More than likely we will hold to the one part number, per person, per household.
    RelaX92
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: Part number limit not present in 2021 => denied my 2021 step up in 2022 2022/06/07 00:19:07 (permalink)
    Aquankh
    Ask them to reactivate the denied step-up to a previous step up that had different PN. Sometimes they can do that and it's worth a shot if you overpaid for 2060.

No chance, always the same answer, that they can do whatever they want and that the 90 days are over.

EVGATech_MatthewC

Per Step-Up Terms and Conditions, EVGA reserves the right to change the terms of the Step-Up program at any time without notice.

You can email  and we may be able to work with you on an exception, but this would be determined on a case-by-case basis. More than likely we will hold to the one part number, per person, per household.

Yes, I know that they reserved the right to change everything whenever they want without telling anyone. But at least they could notify about changes. Or they could notify you if your Step up violates againt new T&Cs. Looks like it was changed in May/June '21. I was still in the 90 days windows back then and could have changed the Step Up. Or they could give you the opportunity to change the Step Up after the 90 days window. When I registered my Step Up I did not violate the T&Cs. I would be even fine with a 3060 (that's the best I can get with a 2060 with the new Step Up rules).

But no chance. Yes, EVGA has covered itself legally, but it's not nice or fair.

And yes, I realize that people ahead of me in the queue were treated exactly the same as me and I probably would have been allowed to wait another year without this change.

My only hope is that the 2060 breaks at some point and that I get something better from the RMA, but that's pretty unlikely. I never had a broken video card, I even sold an EVGA 760 a few months ago, which was still working perfectly fine.
    post edited by RelaX92 - 2022/06/07 00:23:30
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile