Author
lordkahless
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 326
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/05/03 15:59:51 (permalink)
Hello,

I have a 3080Ti that I was swapping a water block on for a different one.  I accidently knocked a capacitor off the board.

I contacted Evga support over a month ago asking if I can pay for a repair to fix it.  I supplied a picture of what I knocked off.  I received a response that they would need to look it over assess the repair costs/feasibility and they opened an RMA for me to send it in.  I wanted to get this resolved quickly so I overnighted this to Evga RMA at like a $200 cost to myself.  Because I need it fixed, quick.  A week went by and I had no contact.  I emailed support regarding it and they said they were waiting on the warehouse to offer a quote for the repair.  We are now over a month and have maybe about 8 emails back and forth that the warehouse still needs to provide a quote.  I don't know if the warehouse is even aware of what they are supposedly needing to do as I have to take somebodies word for it. Today really annoyed me, the RMA expired, I emailed support addressing the long string of emails back and forth, the response I got was that they RMA has been extended 14 more days and to please send them my GPU.

At my wit's end, does anybody at EVGA even know what happened to my 3080Ti?  Did they lose it? Are they offering things they don't even have?  All I know is I still have no repaired GPU when it seems I was told it would be quoted to me to decide what I wanted to do.  A month later... I have about $16,000 in GPU's registered with Evga that I have purchased so I have been a fairly loyal customer over the years, but this is crazy.
post edited by lordkahless - 2022/05/03 16:09:20

6 Replies Related Threads

EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
    RMA Management
    • Total Posts : 1461
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: 3080Ti RMA Issue - Evga please read 2022/05/03 16:26:28 (permalink)
    lordkahless
    Hello,

I have a 3080Ti that I was swapping a water block on for a different one.  I accidently knocked a capacitor off the board.

I contacted Evga support over a month ago asking if I can pay for a repair to fix it.  I supplied a picture of what I knocked off.  I received a response that they would need to look it over assess the repair costs/feasibility and they opened an RMA for me to send it in.  I wanted to get this resolved quickly so I overnighted this to Evga RMA at like a $200 cost to myself.  Because I need it fixed, quick.  A week went by and I had no contact.  I emailed support regarding it and they said they were waiting on the warehouse to offer a quote for the repair.  We are now over a month and have maybe about 8 emails back and forth that the warehouse still needs to provide a quote.  I don't know if the warehouse is even aware of what they are supposedly needing to do as I have to take somebodies word for it. Today really annoyed me, the RMA expired, I emailed support addressing the long string of emails back and forth, the response I got was that they RMA has been extended 14 more days and to please send them my GPU.

At my wit's end, does anybody at EVGA even know what happened to my 3080Ti?  Did they lose it? Are they offering things they don't even have?  All I know is I still have no repaired GPU when it seems I was told it would be quoted to me to decide what I wanted to do.  A month later... I have about $16,000 in GPU's registered with Evga that I have purchased so I have been a fairly loyal customer over the years, but this is crazy.

Hello lordkahless,

We apologize for the delays here, let me see what is going on and get this resolved for you.  I will circle back with you by email within a business day.

Best Regards,

-Jayson- EVGA USA RMA Dept.
    Reddit/Twitter - u/EVGA_JaysonC   @evga_jaysonc 

lordkahless
    iCX Member
    Re: 3080Ti RMA Issue - Evga please read 2022/05/03 16:30:12 (permalink)
    I appreciate it. Let me know if you need the RMA number to better identify who I am.
    EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
    RMA Management
    • Total Posts : 1461
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: 3080Ti RMA Issue - Evga please read 2022/05/03 17:13:50 (permalink)
    lordkahless
    I appreciate it. Let me know if you need the RMA number to better identify who I am.

Hello lordkahless,

I was able to gather the details from your post and just sent you an email back a moment ago.

Best Regards,

-Jayson- EVGA USA RMA Dept.
    Reddit/Twitter - u/EVGA_JaysonC   @evga_jaysonc 

lordkahless
    iCX Member
    Re: 3080Ti RMA Issue - Evga please read 2022/05/03 19:28:46 (permalink)
    Hi Jayson,

Thank you for getting all of this taken care of.  I really appreciate the attention.  Sorry I had to publicly post something but I didn't know any other way to solve it.

Thank you
    wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: 3080Ti RMA Issue - Evga please read 2022/05/05 04:56:29 (permalink)
    Wow, you got lucky that the man himself saw your post and took care of it. Great Job Jayson!   Dont be sorry for publicly posting, sometimes thats what it takes to get you heard. Grats to you though for handling it like a adult and not turning into some "karen". As funny as those people can be to watch ruin there rep so no one wants to help them ever, it must be excruciating for the staff at evga to deal with.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    lordkahless
    iCX Member
    Re: 3080Ti RMA Issue - Evga please read 2022/05/05 08:08:51 (permalink)
    Yeah I had no expectation that they needed to repair my GPU for me because of my own accident.  I would have been bummed for sure that they turned me down for a repair but it isn't their responsibility to solve my issue.  But after they accepted it, it was now a different story lol.

I was more upset with EKWB.  I was removing an EKWB Vector block from it that I had been using for a while to replace it with an Heatkiller V block.  The stud came off the EKWB block which was preventing me from removing the screw.  I held the stud with a pair of pliers and turned the screw.  Hindsight I should have used vice grips.  Pliers slipped off the stud and wacked a capacitor off.  Blasted EKWB quality lol.  Not my first issue with EKWB.  I had an EKWB pump/res combo that was sitting on my counter that was only 3 months old, well under warranty, that was running attached to a radiator that was cleaning the radiator.  All of the sudden the pump started pouring smoke out of it, smelled awful.  Shut it off.  It would not turn back on after that.  Would trip the power supply probably from the pump being seized up.  Started an RMA with EKWB and they wanted me to shoot several videos to send to them of me running the pump.  I told them I can't run the pump because it doesn't turn on!  I made a video of me "powering" up the pump, but of course it doesn't respond.  Their response was they can't accept an RMA without me showing the pump running.  How the heck does that make sense?  It doesn't run, its broken, how can I show them a video of it running when the problem is it doesn't run.  They told me no other way.  I contacted Performance PCS who is a distributor for EKWB.  Told them the BS EKWB was pulling and they actually told me this isn't the first time EKWB pulled this kind of nonsense.  They shipped me a new pump when they weren't even the ones that sold it.  But they stepped in when EKWB failed.

But, received the 3080Ti from Evga as promised with overnight shipping, thanks again Jayson!  I promptly put the Heatkiller V block on it that I set out to do.  Went very smoothly this time LOL

post edited by lordkahless - 2022/05/05 08:10:07
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile