Hot!X20 scroll wheel stops working.

Author
transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6116
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 17
2022/04/18 06:17:52 (permalink)
First off, let me say that your product registration shouldn't be necessary for things purchased *FROM* you. It should already be in my list since I bought it
under my account directly off your website.

Secondly, the scroll wheel just stopped working?

Uhm....Shoddy hardware and I won't recommend it.

It's a nice mouse except for that.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

22 Replies Related Threads

B0baganoosh
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2365
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: X20 scroll wheel stops working. 2022/04/18 07:20:08 (permalink)
    Just my personal curiosity as a contributor to this thread, but what do you mean by "stopped working"? does it not move at all? Does the rubber ring slip on the plastic wheel? Does it spin like normal, but with no effect in Windows?

Thanks.

6Q6CPFHPBPCU691 is a discount code anyone can use.

i9 13900k - EVGA Z690 Classy - Nvidia RTX 4090 FE - G.Skill 32GB DDR5-6000  - WD SN850 2TB NVMe Gen4 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W - Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro. MO-RA3 420 Pro. Dark Palimpsest MODS RIGS post for build notes.
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: X20 scroll wheel stops working. 2022/04/18 14:55:33 (permalink)
    The wheel moves..the screen doesn't..it's like the sensor is dead.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

kaminski111
    • Total Posts : 1
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: X20 scroll wheel stops working. 2022/06/27 00:42:31 (permalink)
    I have the same, my X20 mouse does not move the pointer either
    jaxstarke99
    Re: X20 scroll wheel stops working. 2022/08/31 14:15:27 (permalink)
    Had my X20 mouse a whole 28 days before the wheel decided to call it quits this morning. Spins freely with nothing stopping it and of course doesn't scroll. I should have known not to buy peripherals from a GPU manufacturer. Not worth the time or effort to return. Back to my trusty Logitech M510.
    EVGATech_MatthewC
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 128
    Re: X20 scroll wheel stops working. 2022/09/08 16:37:12 (permalink)
    If you are having issues with your mouse wheel not scrolling the page, please contact support so we can assist with an RMA replacement. It looks like transdogmifier and kaminski111 have already had their mice replaced. jaxstarke99, I've sent you an email so we can assist you.
    stomiroslav
    • Total Posts : 5
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: X20 scroll wheel stops working. 2022/09/25 22:44:11 (permalink)
    EVGATech_MatthewC
    If you are having issues with your mouse wheel not scrolling the page, please contact support so we can assist with an RMA replacement. It looks like transdogmifier and kaminski111 have already had their mice replaced. jaxstarke99, I've sent you an email so we can assist you.

Good afternoon, I have the same situation, the scroll on the mouse stopped working, there is no effect. But I bought the mouse when I was in the United States, at the moment I am in Russia. Can you tell me how to fix my mouse?
    Thank you.
    Sniper
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 194
    Re: X20 scroll wheel stops working. 2022/09/27 19:25:52 (permalink)
    EVGATech_MatthewC

Good evening,

I've already started the RMA process for my X20 but I do find it a little ridiculous that just after a week of use my mouse has scroll issues and now you want me to pay to ship it to you for replacement. Really disappointed this go around with the RMA process, considering this is now a known issue, the mouse is a little over 2 weeks old, and to add insult to injury I have to pay for an obvious defect with this product to get replaced.  

I've been with EVGA for just over 14yrs and 110% have stuck with you guys for the amazing customer service and product backing you've provided. Just really disappointed this go around, over a mouse of all things.   

Motherboard: EVGA X99 Classified CPU: I7 5820k 4.0Ghz Ram: DOM Platinum 16gb 3200Mhz DDR4 GPU: EVGA 980ti SC+/Backplate  PSU: EVGA 850 G2 HDD:  1tb Mushkin SSD (Storage) 500Gb Samsung 850 pro m.2 (OS)

EVGATech_MatthewC
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 128
    Re: X20 scroll wheel stops working. 2022/09/28 16:33:29 (permalink)
    Sniper
    Good evening,

I've already started the RMA process for my X20 but I do find it a little ridiculous that just after a week of use my mouse has scroll issues and now you want me to pay to ship it to you for replacement. Really disappointed this go around with the RMA process, considering this is now a known issue, the mouse is a little over 2 weeks old, and to add insult to injury I have to pay for an obvious defect with this product to get replaced.  

I've been with EVGA for just over 14yrs and 110% have stuck with you guys for the amazing customer service and product backing you've provided. Just really disappointed this go around, over a mouse of all things.   

Hi Sniper, we can provide a label for any RMA needed within the first 30 days of purchase. I've requested the label for your RMA, and you should receive a sperate email from UPS, not EVGA directly, sometime in the next 24 hours with that prepaid label.
    Sniper
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 194
    Re: X20 scroll wheel stops working. 2022/09/28 18:35:21 (permalink)
    Hey Mathew,

Thank you for responding and for the UPS Label. When I submitted my issues along with the RMA request it was never communicated that a label can be provided within that 30 day window. I was just voicing my frustrations and I really appreciate the communication and again great customer service. 

Thanks!

Motherboard: EVGA X99 Classified CPU: I7 5820k 4.0Ghz Ram: DOM Platinum 16gb 3200Mhz DDR4 GPU: EVGA 980ti SC+/Backplate  PSU: EVGA 850 G2 HDD:  1tb Mushkin SSD (Storage) 500Gb Samsung 850 pro m.2 (OS)

stomiroslav
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: X20 scroll wheel stops working. 2022/11/20 06:49:00 (permalink)
    Hi guys! I can't create a new topic, I wrote a repair manual! Suitable for those whose mouse is not under warranty. 

docs[DOT]google[DOT]com/document/d/12aOMJw7NAXwXU55Wnyp5VFz5tpXm7JjPdL59xc5CQ2A\

In Russian, but you can use Google translator.
    Darkrelic589
    Re: X20 scroll wheel stops working. 2023/04/03 10:38:48 (permalink)
    I am having this same issue with my X20, the scroll just stopped working and I was in the middle of playing a game.  I won the mouse and keyboard in the 23rd anniversary stream, I am assuming I can still RMA, but will I need to pay shipping cost for them to ship me a new one and to send this one back to them?

EVGATech_MattM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 2245
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: X20 scroll wheel stops working. 2023/04/07 14:06:58 (permalink)
    Hi Darkrelic589,

I see that you have started the RMA for the mouse and the RMA has been approved. You will have received an approval e-mail for how to proceed with the RMA. If you have any issues or questions with the RMA you can call us at 888-881-3842 and we have phone support M~F from 9AM to 6PM Pacific time.

Darkrelic589
    I am having this same issue with my X20, the scroll just stopped working and I was in the middle of playing a game.  I won the mouse and keyboard in the 23rd anniversary stream, I am assuming I can still RMA, but will I need to pay shipping cost for them to ship me a new one and to send this one back to them?

w3bbo10
    Re: X20 scroll wheel stops working. 2023/05/24 02:57:49 (permalink)
    Mine has stopped working too. Well, its intermittent. It appears to be the rubber 'grip' is sliding around the plastic internal wheel resulting in no detection of the wheel movement and thus no on screen movement.
    dbhkfa
    • Total Posts : 46
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: X20 scroll wheel stops working. 2023/05/24 14:05:45 (permalink)
    w3bbo10
    Mine has stopped working too. Well, its intermittent. It appears to be the rubber 'grip' is sliding around the plastic internal wheel resulting in no detection of the wheel movement and thus no on screen movement.

There is a youtube video link on this X17 thread about the loose rubber grip:  https://forums.evga.com/Loose-scroll-wheel-ring-on-X17-m3535126.aspx.  
    piggradio
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 203
    Re: X20 scroll wheel stops working. 2023/08/26 23:36:02 (permalink)
    Well, add me to the list of people who had the EVGA X20 scroll wheel suddenly spin freely and stop working in the middle of scrolling on a web page.  I'm in Canada so it's probably more expensive to ship this defective product back to California and deal with customs and import taxes on the replacement.  Good heavens, it was gently scrolling on a webpage and it gave up it's ghost.  The exact same thing happened to my X17 mouse about a year ago, so obviously a defect with whatever wheel mechanism is in these mice.

Associate Code XX95PJN1T76IONP for discounts at the EVGA store.  Thanks to anyone who uses it.

dram96
    Re: X20 scroll wheel stops working. 2023/12/12 17:00:26 (permalink)
    Hooly crap, so this is jsut a thing and obviously acomplete horrific design flaw. I kept on having issues doing an RMA for a few products and support tried to ehlp via emails. However, my mother passed and I wasn't up to doing any of it. I've been using a cheapass wireless ballistic mouse and it's been working 10 monnnths longer than the X20 lasted in iot's first month. Well, that explains why they are selling dirt cheap everwhere for $17.95. I wound up ordering 2 of them. It' just seemed a lot easier than packaging and writing and what not. Now I got 2 RTX3090 that both have the same fan non working issues and 2 PSU that are the same that both don't work. I'm finally realizing that something else going may be going with the product line that I wasn't aware of till I saw these posts..Quality Control...
    daedalusteks
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: X20 scroll wheel stops working. 2024/03/27 20:34:34 (permalink)
    EVGATech_MatthewC
    Sniper
    Good evening,

Hi Sniper, we can provide a label for any RMA needed within the first 30 days of purchase. I've requested the label for your RMA, and you should receive a sperate email from UPS, not EVGA directly, sometime in the next 24 hours with that prepaid label.

I'm having the same issue, we are a reseller and had several of these ordered along with power supplies, gpus and etc. We had a spare X20 from the order that was sitting around. I've been using it less than about a month maybe more and the scroll wheel stopped working. I attempted to RMA but the only thing I'm allowed to RMA through the process is the Power supplies. Weird even though I got GPU's too.

Can we RMA this and get it repaired or replaced?
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102260
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: X20 scroll wheel stops working. 2024/03/28 00:23:16 (permalink)
    daedalusteks
    EVGATech_MatthewC
    Sniper
    Good evening,

I'm having the same issue, we are a reseller and had several of these ordered along with power supplies, gpus and etc. We had a spare X20 from the order that was sitting around. I've been using it less than about a month maybe more and the scroll wheel stopped working. I attempted to RMA but the only thing I'm allowed to RMA through the process is the Power supplies. Weird even though I got GPU's too.

Contact EVGA directly. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

daedalusteks
    Re: X20 scroll wheel stops working. 2024/03/28 09:45:15 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    daedalusteks
    EVGATech_MatthewC
    Sniper
    Good evening,

Contact EVGA directly. 

Thanks Mr. Johnson. I'll do that, I appreciate your help and support. :)
    Thank you everyone for this forum post. It was driving me wild. Had to dust of an old rinky dink bluetooth mouse. Old faithful is great but I'm missing my hot buttons lol.
    daedalusteks
    Re: X20 scroll wheel stops working. 2024/03/28 09:51:32 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    daedalusteks
    EVGATech_MatthewC
    Sniper
    Good evening,

Contact EVGA directly. 

I checked the entire site there is no contact email for them or rma email. :(
    piggradio
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 203
    Re: X20 scroll wheel stops working. 2024/03/28 12:27:32 (permalink)
    I hate to bring you bad news, but I've had 2 EVGA X20 mice and one EVGA X17 mouse all have this identical problem.  It's a defect and your replacement will do the exact same thing, sadly.  For me, it wasn't worth the cost of RMA from Canada, and I know the replacement will fail within a short time too.  It's sad and hard to accept because for many years EVGA set the benchmark in customer service.  I feel for you and wish you all the best, but personally I won't invest another cent in one of these mice.  

Associate Code XX95PJN1T76IONP for discounts at the EVGA store.  Thanks to anyone who uses it.

skyline090
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 155
    Re: X20 scroll wheel stops working. 2024/03/28 12:34:18 (permalink)
    daedalusteks
    rjohnson11
    daedalusteks
    EVGATech_MatthewC
    Sniper
    Good evening,

Contact EVGA directly. 

I checked the entire site there is no contact email for them or rma email. :(

I would call EVGA as opposed to emailing them.

https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/

Custom loop w/EK blocks - 12900k, 4090 FE, z690 Apex, G.Skill DDR5 6600 c32, EVGA 1000 P6, Lian Li O11D XL

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile