EVGA

New Evga g6 is making buzzing noise

Author
Magic_The
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/01/14 01:50:53 (permalink)
Hi, i bought Evga g6 from Amazon and when connected the psu tester, it had annoying buzz sound that irritated me, hardware busters (psu expert) said that i should return it for a rma/refund, since i was confident that its a seasonic top notch product, when connected to my test stand (gpu,cpu) the electric sound was minimal, it was audible and now its pretty quiet and only when you put your ear you will hear electric coil inductor.

I can return that to Amazon and get some seasonic prime gx series since i already have that.

1 Reply Related Threads

sbmickyblue
    • Total Posts : 20
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: New Evga g6 is making buzzing noise 2022/01/27 14:10:16 (permalink)
    I just bought a 750 g6 a couple months ago. I haven’t really experienced that. The only thing I experience is when it turns on it makes a relay click sound but I hear that’s normal for this kind of power supply.

Nice thing about the G6 model is the 10 year warranty. So look into warranty service if possible. It’s also not a bad idea to have another power supply on hand for redundancy. I’m not sure what kind of system your running but every so often check out the Evga B stock page and sometimes you can get a deal for 20-30$ on a 500-600w bronze power supply. It’s not a bad thing to have as a backup especially if you have to do warranty service. And I know I know changing a power supply can be a pain in the butt, but it’s also good practice and you may find your self improving your cable management along the way. Hope that helps

I started with a Dell Optiplex 7010, upgraded to several different models into a Precision T1700 case swap. Now I have a decent setup that I am happy with:
    Ryzen 5 3600
    ASUS B550 TUFF Gaming plus wifi
    32GB DDR4 3200 Crucial Ballistix white
    EVGA GTX 1060 6gb (horrible spiral cooler)
    EVGA 750 G6 power supply
    Phanteks P360A white case
    Oh here's an associate code too if you want 6L3ADV80V7N7JMB
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile