Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102323
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2021/11/25 23:53:12 (permalink)
https://www.techpowerup.com/289346/nvidia-dlss-support-added-to-valve-proton

Valve has recently been testing NVIDIA DLSS support for their Proton Windows compatibility layer for Linux with an experimental version available in 6.3-7 and now fully supported with 6.3-8. This latest addition to Proton will allow NVIDIA Linux gamers to take full advantage of Deep Learning Super Sampling (DLSS) in supported games. Proton has seen significant development attention recently with this release also bringing initial support for the BattlEye anti-cheat software enabling games such as PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds and DayZ to run correctly. Epic Games have also previously announced that they are working with Valve to add support for their Easy AntiCheat software. This latest release also includes support for 24 new titles and various miscellaneous bug fixes.

So it looks like Minux users are in for a treat. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

1 Reply Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10103
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: NVIDIA DLSS Support Added to Valve Proton 2021/11/26 02:53:46 (permalink)
    It does seem to be a win for Linux gamers. DLSS has really became really good at this point I feel after initially being pretty bad when we first saw it.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile