CapFrameX benchmarking software officially support Intel Core i9-12900K CPU

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102323
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2021/10/14 03:23:54 (permalink)
https://videocardz.com/newz/capframex-benchmarking-software-officially-support-intel-core-i9-12900k-cpu

The software will conveniently list all Performance (P) and Efficient (E) cores along with their usage and frequencies. Screenshots provided by the developer reveal the full name of the CPU: 12th Gen Core Intel i9-12900K, undeniably confirming which CPU is being supported. According to the article over at ComputerBase, the software will also list load, voltage, power consumption, temperatures, and whole package power. It will also list data for the integrated Xe-LP graphics, should the SKU being tested have it enabled (Intel is also launching the KF series which lacks iGPU support).

For those who are not familiar with CapFrameX, it’s a benchmarking software relying on RivaTuner Statistics Server. The application attaches itself to the RTSS API and provides extended information on sensors as well as the current benchmarking stage (for instance test looping, the time it took, etc.). The software then visualizes everything on dynamically generated graphs and provides an overlook of all previous test runs. In other words, it’s a great software for people interested in testing and monitoring.

CapFrameX 1.6.6 Beta Changelog:
  • Telemetry data such as cycle, load, voltage, consumption, temperatures, package power, iGPU
  • Performance and Efficiency Core detection via CPUID EAX register
  • Identification of the performance and efficiency cores on the overlay (see screenshot)
  • As always, all data can of course be logged and exported to Excel, for example
The software can be downloaded either from the ComputerBase or the official CPX website. The source code is open and can be browsed through the Github repository. You can check the algorithm for hybrid core architecture detection on this link.

Just a few more weeks before the release. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile