EVGA

Does Precision X1 support any command line option for changing profiles?

Author
chjohans
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/09/04 19:45:57 (permalink)
I just bought my first EVGA graphics card, a shiny new RTX 3090 FT3 Ultra, and a hybrid kit to get those temperatures under better control. They are still sitting in their respective boxes as I'm waiting for some other stuff I need as well.

I've been using various other graphics cards, and I've always used MSI Afterburner to overclock and manage my profiles. One nice feature of MSI Afterburner is that it allows several command-line options, the one I'm depending on is to change profiles from the command line. It makes it easy to script a profile change when starting a specific program. The following will switch to profile 1:

MSIAfterburner.exe -Profile1

Does Precision X1 support something similar?

I'm gonna try to switch over to Precision X1 for better support of my EVGA card (fan control for my specific model, RGB control, FW updates etc), but I really depend on the ability to script profile switch changes.

I guess I could assign a hotkey to each profile (I assume Precision X1 supports switching profiles by hotkeys?), and then use something like AutoIt to simulate the hotkey sequence, but I would rather see this built into Precision X1.

So, is this supported?

And if not, assuming someone from EVGA will read this, would you consider adding support for this?

Your competitor has supported this for years already! :)

post edited by chjohans - 2021/09/04 20:15:50

1 Reply Related Threads

BizSAR
    EGC Lead Admin / EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 1712
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Does Precision X1 support any command line option for changing profiles? 2021/09/08 11:27:56 (permalink)
    Any suggestions can be submitted directly to EVGA at: https://www.evga.com/support/suggestions.asp

BizSAR
    EVGA 3090Ti FTW3 Ultra / ZOTAC 4070Ti Trinity OC - ASUS ROG PG279QM
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile