EVGA

Standard RMA approval time and process

Author
NOputitback
  • Total Posts : 18
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/07/27 20:51:21 (permalink)
Anyone have any experience with RMA's? How long does it normally take to get approved? Do they fix my faulty gpu and send it back? Do they test it and send me a new one? What should I expect? It's for a 2080 ti

10 Replies Related Threads

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Standard RMA approval time and process 2021/07/27 22:38:31 (permalink)

Moved to the Warranty section.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    zipplet
    • Total Posts : 13
    Re: Standard RMA approval time and process 2021/07/28 07:04:16 (permalink)
    I have a recent experience with EVGA EU. I recommend calling in over the phone because you need a ticket issued by support to open an RMA.

The engineer who helped me was very helpful. He discussed the troubleshooting I'd done, helped me register the product and then opened a ticket for me against the serial number.

I quickly uploaded the invoice and filled in the RMA form - the engineer confirmed it was all OK.
    Next day my RMA was approved and I was emailed the instructions to ship the product back to EVGA Europe.
    Once the product had arrived it took just under a week for a replacement to be shipped out.

They wont send you back your original product. You will receive a refurb most likely, or sometimes a brand new product especially if your card died within 90 days of purchase.
    EVGATech_DavidR
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 318
    Re: Standard RMA approval time and process 2021/07/28 10:43:34 (permalink)
    Hello,

For our North American region, we typically approve RMAs within 1 business day once the request has been submitted and your invoice/receipt has been uploaded and verified.
    NOputitback
    Re: Standard RMA approval time and process 2021/07/28 11:50:46 (permalink)
    One other question. The artifacts I'm seeing are really odd. Like random green, block-like, splotches that pop in and out of the screen only after logging into windows. They are reduced when I downclock the video card's vram and power level. Which led me to believe that it's the gpu. But it's unlike anything I've seen online about the 2080ti artifacting. If I send in the gpu and it turns out to be something else in my pc will EVGA charge me a fee for RMAing a working piece of hardware? My ram passed windows memory test. I reinstalled windows. The only other thing I can think of is a bad ssd. Maybe PSU but all of my other components seem to work fine. Hoping it's the gpu but doubtful based on the type of artifacts I'm seeing
    zipplet
    • Total Posts : 13
    Re: Standard RMA approval time and process 2021/07/28 14:35:39 (permalink)
    To me that sounds like a GPU fault. Not all artifacting will look the same, although there are some common patterns you probably saw when searching the web.

When you call EVGA the engineer will discuss your troubleshooting before you request the RMA.
    Don't worry about being charged a fee for this - if the engineer believes the GPU is faulty then RMA it - it's as simple as that!
    You will need to pay to ship the product to EVGA. EVGA pays to ship the replacement back.
    The troubleshooting you did sounds solid - RAM test, reinstalling windows - did you also reseat the GPU in the slot?

A bad SSD would not cause this problem. It really does sound like the GPU.
    post edited by zipplet - 2021/07/28 14:38:40
    NOputitback
    Re: Standard RMA approval time and process 2021/07/28 18:36:07 (permalink)
    Yes, reseating the GPU was the first thing I tried. Thanks for the response. This helped
    BlazingSoup
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: Standard RMA approval time and process 2021/07/30 11:46:58 (permalink)
    I had some similar artifacting with a 3060 TI I got this previous Friday from Newegg. I was playing games and using it fine for about a 7-8 hours, then suddenly it froze up, green artifacts appeared everywhere and my PC did a hard reboot, and on restart, only one monitor was working and the artifacts were still there. Reseated the GPU multiple times, tried different cables, removed and clean installed drivers, used DDU to remove any old drivers, etc and even reinstalled Windows, but problem was still there. Made me really scared I had other hardware issues, but I used my old 2060 and there were no problems...so my advice would be to test it with your old GPU, if you hadn’t already. If your old one isn’t having any issues, then it’s more than likely a fault with the new one. Decided to request RMA after that.

Still waiting on my RMA though, that being said, sent it in on Monday, and it was delivered yesterday, but the status still hasn’t updated to received, so I hope it truly is within 3 days.

Good luck with yours too.

Edit 07/30: Just got word that it was received, if that’s any help for understanding the time it takes, I’ll update again when the replacement ships and is received.
    post edited by BlazingSoup - 2021/07/30 13:52:03
    NOputitback
    Re: Standard RMA approval time and process 2021/07/30 17:11:33 (permalink)
    Thanks. Still waiting to get approved for my RMA. I've read threads about faulty RMA replacements too so let me know how it turns out if it's not a brand new card.
    (Update) my RMA has been approved. EVGA should have it by next week. Hoping for a swift exchange
    post edited by NOputitback - 2021/07/30 17:42:11
    BlazingSoup
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: Standard RMA approval time and process 2021/08/03 13:48:36 (permalink)
    Update for me, on Monday they accepted my defective unit and sent out a replacement within the same day, should get to me by Thursday. All in all, very satisfied with their turn around sending me the new one so fast, as they initially were saying it wouldn’t ship until Wednesday.

Edit 08/05: RMA arrived, very pleased that they sent back a new card, as I’d heard sometimes they don’t if supplies are low, even if you sent an essentially new card to them. But even more pleased that I made it past my previous record of 8 hours and the card is still working with no issues. Thanks EVGA
    post edited by BlazingSoup - 2021/08/06 09:41:16
    EVGATech_DanielM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1132
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Standard RMA approval time and process 2021/08/03 20:07:13 (permalink)
    Glad to hear you have a replacement on the way. This sometimes is entirely dependent on stock and how busy the RMA team is but 1-3 business days processing to ship out is the typical turn around. Hope the replacement serves you well!

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile