PX1 weird readings for fans for 3080 ftw3 with hybrid kit installed

Author
Ciddharthas
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 465
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2021/04/13 17:11:33 (permalink)
For the last several versions of PX1, despite having the hybrid bios installed and whatever firmware a given version of px1 wants me to have, the fan readouts are confusing.  I use corsair fans controlled through iCue for the actual radiator fans, so those aren't what I'm talking about.  Aside from those, I *think* there should be two fans controllable in PX1: the pump fan and the one air fan that's attached to the cooler itself.  There are two fans listed in PX1: Fan 1 and Fan 2.  It doesn't specify which one is the pump fan.  Fan 2 is controllable through normal means (static fan percentage, the default fan curve, or the user defined fan curve), and it gives proper readings.  Fan 1 acts weird though.  Regardless of what percentage I set it to, the readout on the left side always says "0 RPM".  Attached is a screenshot of one example.  

Now it's possible that Fan 1 is the pump fan and that PX1 is simply not going to let me control that, which I'd think were a possibility, except for the fact that it lets me set a user-defined curve for it, which wouldn't make any sense if that were the case.  I've also attached a screenshot of that as well.

This has persisted through several versions of PX1, and I'm not sure what's going on.  PX1 clearly recognizes it to be a hybrid card (and as stated in the subject line, I installed the hybrid kit - it didn't arrive as a hybrid card).  So does anyone know if Fan 1 is indeed the pump fan?  If so, presumably the RPM readout is incorrect, because while I do get temps in the 70's regularly for resource-intensive games such as Warcraft, Shadow of Tomb Raider, and Control, it rarely goes above that.  I'd think I'd be getting lower temps if it were working properly but higher temps if the pump wasn't working at all.

Edit: Running games in 4k btw, with three extra monitors for non-demanding stuff like discord, chrome, and system monitoring tools.
post edited by Ciddharthas - 2021/04/13 17:19:37

Attached Image(s)

CPU: i7 10700k @ 5.0 GHz with 360mm Corsair H150i Elite LCD cooler
MB: MSI Z490 Meg Ace
RAM: 64gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 3466 MHz
GPU: 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i (1000 Watts)
Primary Monitor: LG CX48 (4k OLED)
Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB
Mouse: Corsair Scimitar Elite RGB
Headset: Arctis Pro Wireless
Mic: Elgato Wave 3
VR: Occulus Quest 2

1 Reply Related Threads

Ciddharthas
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 465
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: PX1 weird readings for fans for 3080 ftw3 with hybrid kit installed 2021/04/13 17:13:32 (permalink)
    For some reason it looks like the forums only let me post one screenshot, so here's the other one:

Attached Image(s)

CPU: i7 10700k @ 5.0 GHz with 360mm Corsair H150i Elite LCD cooler
    MB: MSI Z490 Meg Ace
    RAM: 64gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 3466 MHz
    GPU: 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid
    Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i (1000 Watts)
    Primary Monitor: LG CX48 (4k OLED)
    Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB
    Mouse: Corsair Scimitar Elite RGB
    Headset: Arctis Pro Wireless
    Mic: Elgato Wave 3
    VR: Occulus Quest 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile