EVGA

RMA FAILURE

Author
Nikolay_kms
  • Total Posts : 34
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/01/22 02:23:33 (permalink)
I was denied the RMA procedure and they don't even want to send back the broken card ...
I don't know where the missing sticker has gone, well, there is a duplicate serial nubmer and there is a seal from the factory on the card, I never used the connector on which there are two contacts and did not even pay attention to it, it is possible that I bought a card with such a connector. ..

RMA Number: 5411201130488034

Before sending, I threw all the photos into Evga and they did not tell me anything about the missing sticker!
The photos were taken 10 days ago and only now they answered me, it's very sad.

I was warned here on the forum that there was a very bad attitude towards users from Russia, but I did not listen, and decided to send the card to Evga, although I could have it repaired here for my own money.

It is clear to any engineer that the problem with the video card as in photo # 4 is caused by a problem with the video memory, I found a similar case on the forum at photo # 5, from which it follows that this is a manufacturing defect.

This is the worst service I've come across in my life.

post edited by Nikolay_kms - 2021/01/22 21:52:32

Attached Image(s)

17 Replies Related Threads

MartinUK
    • Total Posts : 75
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: RMA FAILURE 2021/01/23 07:18:49 (permalink)
    What reason did they give for refusing the RMA?

I can't see how missing pins on a completely unnecessary connector and something on the silk screen on the PCB could cause the problems you have. And the tamper sticker should be completely irrelevant to the warranty (its just a way for them to know if it had ever been dissembled or not).
    Nikolay_kms
    Re: RMA FAILURE 2021/01/23 07:23:07 (permalink)
    MartinUK
    What reason did they give for refusing the RMA?

I can't see how missing pins on a completely unnecessary connector and something on the silk screen on the PCB could cause the problems you have. And the tamper sticker should be completely irrelevant to the warranty (its just a way for them to know if it had ever been dissembled or not).

Hello Mr.Nikitin

Thank you for using EVGA RMA Service.

We have received Defective Graphics card from RMA5411201130488034  with Serial number ........

At early investigation after arrival in warehouse, discovered damaged or missing Pins from AUX fan connector.

Also Serial number sticker and MFG number from PCB were missing.

Any damages to the Graphics card or missing MFG and serial number will be considered warranty Void.

Unfortunately, Such devices  with damages and missing serial number and MFG number cannot be replaced under warranty.

Hence request you to arrange a collection of damaged device from our warehouse or may have to send device for Recycling.

Please do not hesitate to contact if you have further Question.

Regards
    EVGA
    --------------------------------------------

I have never used this connector, in general, I think no one uses it.

BF3PRO
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3797
    Re: RMA FAILURE 2021/01/23 07:52:02 (permalink)
    Yeah I sent in a PSU and got a similar email (obviously not about fan connectors), and told them to pound sand they're replacing my unit. Their RMA department has gone downhill. Your issue is irrelevant to the this AUX fan connector. Sounds like they didn't even boot it up in a system to see what's actually wrong.

My Affiliate Code: OEESSSDNZV

Nikolay_kms
    Re: RMA FAILURE 2021/01/23 08:20:32 (permalink)
    BF3PRO
    Yeah I sent in a PSU and got a similar email (obviously not about fan connectors), and told them to pound sand they're replacing my unit. Their RMA department has gone downhill. Your issue is irrelevant to the this AUX fan connector. Sounds like they didn't even boot it up in a system to see what's actually wrong.

Considering that after replacing the RMA, they send me not a new card, but a restored and used one, the refusal looks absurd at all.
    BF3PRO
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3797
    Re: RMA FAILURE 2021/01/23 08:38:19 (permalink)
    Nikolay_kms
    BF3PRO

Considering that after replacing the RMA, they send me not a new card, but a restored and used one, the refusal looks absurd at all.
    I would escalate it and see what they say. Maybe shoot Jacob an email and see if he can look into it.

My Affiliate Code: OEESSSDNZV

Nikolay_kms
    Re: RMA FAILURE 2021/01/23 08:55:28 (permalink)
    BF3PRO
    Nikolay_kms
    BF3PRO

I would escalate it and see what they say. Maybe shoot Jacob an email and see if he can look into it.

Could you please give the contacts to Jacob?
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: RMA FAILURE 2021/01/23 09:10:56 (permalink)
    You can find him on twitter...

@EVGA_JacobF

Or you can private message him here from one of his posts.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: RMA FAILURE 2021/01/23 11:11:14 (permalink)
    Nikolay_kms,

Do you have pictures of the card before it shipped to EVGA?

There is more than just the pins for the 4 pin RGB header damaged. The red circle is over the 4 pin RGB header, not an auxiliary fan header. I circled the fan header in blue for reference.

On the end of the PCB, I circled it in green, the fins are bent and the midplate is completely separated from the PCB. The midplate is relatively thick aluminum, and is not easily to flex in the amount that it is damaged in the picture. The stand off is even pressed out of the midplate, which is pretty hard to do.

Backplate reference picture with the same circle:

The picture you posted is cropped a lot, which almost hid these facts, so it may be best if you have pictures to show before the product shipped, as it may have been damaged in shipping, at which point an insurance claim should be filed.

As it stands, I doubt the warranty was denied just because of the 2 RGB header pins missing, and probably had more to do with the overall damage that is cropped out of the picture.

The serial number part I will place under a spoiler tag as it does not relate to the physical damage on the board that is posted above, but is informational for other users in the future.
    Spoiler

For those curious, the serial number on the PCB at the PCI slot is not screen printed, it is a sticker that matches the serial on the backplate. There is no reason that serial sticker should have ever been removed, as it is never visible when it is installed. The one on the backplate is less than aesthetically pleasing, but it is still required for warranty purposes.
    close

*edited as I realize the 2080 FTW3 has 4 pin RGB, not 3 pin DRGB, so in total 2 pins are broken off on the header pictured above. Oddly, the two pins that are broken are not side by side.
    post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2021/01/23 11:37:44
    Nikolay_kms
    Re: RMA FAILURE 2021/01/23 11:34:54 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one, Evga received the video card safe and sound, I packed it very neatly in several layers of protective film and branded packaging.
    The video card malfunction is associated with a video memory problem, as can be seen from the photographs, and this is not an isolated case.
    It is impossible to damage the aluminum plate without opening the video card and without damaging the case with fans.

Я думаю, что чехол для моей видеокарты будет примером, отношения EVGA с ее лояльными клиентами, я все еще надеюсь на лояльность и отправку мне использованной видеокарты RTX 2080 

post edited by Nikolay_kms - 2021/01/24 10:13:41
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: RMA FAILURE 2021/01/23 11:47:12 (permalink)
    Unfortunately you can clearly see the damage in the photos you posted, so something happened to the end of the card at some point.

As for the serial number, it is probably something that EVGA may have been willing to work around if it was the only issue present.

The seal is definitely intact showing that the card was not disassembled, but something still happened to the end of the card at some point, making other issues become irrelevant.

Do you have pictures of the card when you packaged it by any chance. I understand you have the pictures of it installed and of the memory errors, but for insurance you may need proof no physical damage was done before you shipped it so that the shipper will cover the product under insurance.

I am honestly hoping you can get something done so the issue is solved, so I am trying to give ideas of what may be possible.

Like this photo:

https://forums.evga.com/d.nload.axd?file=2;3207124

Do you have a high res version of this picture? The forum software really crushes the photo down, so you may need to post it to a hosting site.

Reason I ask is because in the green circle I provided above, the very edge of the PCB is rounded/angled off. The pcb is not angled or rounded off, it is square, meaning the edge of the pcb probably hit something coating the damage to the mid plate at the cooler, which would not require the removal of the backplate. The green circle slightly covers the referenced corner:

Stock photo from tech power up for reference showing that there should be no angle on the PCB:

post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2021/01/23 11:58:13
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: RMA FAILURE 2021/01/24 10:04:53 (permalink)
    Nikolay_kms
    the_Scarlet_one, Евга получила видеокарту в целости и сохранности, я ее очень аккуратно упаковал в несколько слоев защитной пленки и фирменную упаковку.
    Неисправность видеокарты связана с проблемой видеопамяти, что видно по фотографиям, и это не единичный случай.
    Повредить алюминиевую пластину, не вскрывая видеокарту и не повредив корпус с вентиляторами, невозможно.

Я думаю, что чехол для моей видеокарты будет примером, отношения EVGA с ее лояльными клиентами, я все еще надеюсь на лояльность и отправку мне использованной видеокарты RTX 2080 

When you edited the post, it changed to cyrillics, so I am just adding the google translate below:

Nikolay_kms
    the_Scarlet_one, Evga received the graphics card in one piece, I very carefully packed it in several layers of protective film and branded packaging.
    The malfunction of the graphics card is related to the problem of video memory, as can be seen from the photos, and this is not an isolated case.
    It is impossible to damage the aluminum plate without opening the graphics card and not damaging the case with the fans.

(Images removed to save space)

I think the case for my graphics card will be an example, THE relationship of EVGA with its loyal customers, I still hope for loyalty and sending me the used graphics card RTX 2080 

This picture shows that the fins were before the card shipped.

In red, you can see that quite a few fins are pushed together and rounded, and that the midplate is also bent up on the end of the card. You can see other fins bent that weren't shown before in green as well.  By any chance did you drop the card a short distance while trying to package it for RMA?  

Nikolay_kms
    Re: RMA FAILURE 2021/01/24 10:31:39 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    Nikolay_kms
    the_Scarlet_one, Евга получила видеокарту в целости и сохранности, я ее очень аккуратно упаковал в несколько слоев защитной пленки и фирменную упаковку.
    Неисправность видеокарты связана с проблемой видеопамяти, что видно по фотографиям, и это не единичный случай.
    Повредить алюминиевую пластину, не вскрывая видеокарту и не повредив корпус с вентиляторами, невозможно.

When you edited the post, it changed to cyrillics, so I am just adding the google translate below:

Nikolay_kms
    the_Scarlet_one, Evga received the graphics card in one piece, I very carefully packed it in several layers of protective film and branded packaging.
    The malfunction of the graphics card is related to the problem of video memory, as can be seen from the photos, and this is not an isolated case.
    It is impossible to damage the aluminum plate without opening the graphics card and not damaging the case with the fans.

(Images removed to save space)

I think the case for my graphics card will be an example, THE relationship of EVGA with its loyal customers, I still hope for loyalty and sending me the used graphics card RTX 2080 

This picture shows that the fins were before the card shipped.

In red, you can see that quite a few fins are pushed together and rounded, and that the midplate is also bent up on the end of the card. You can see other fins bent that weren't shown before in green as well.  By any chance did you drop the card a short distance while trying to package it for RMA?  

The ribs could be bent simply from pressing with my fingers during the installation of the card, if I dropped the card, and it weighs a lot, it would just fly to smithereens, the platistic casing would definitely break, it is very fragile.
    And besides, EVGA had questions about the sticker and the lack of contacts on the connector, I have already clarified this question.

Well, you understand perfectly well that the defect of the card is not connected either with a fall or with the absence of contacts on the connector, the problem is in the video memory. And my case is not the first on this forum.

In the picture, exactly the same problem as with my card.

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: RMA FAILURE 2021/01/24 11:22:54 (permalink)
    Unfortunately the card has physical damage. No company will want to warranty a product that is physically damaged. Physical damage isn’t covered by warranty, so no matter what, EVGA can not test the card or have it repaired if it is damaged.

No, it doesn’t take a hard drop to do this much damage. The PCB flexes pretty easy, and if the card lands on the PCB edge, it will do exactly what you see here without necessarily damaging the plastic of the cooler. The cooler is recessed enough that this can happen.

If the damage wasn’t shown in the images prior to shipping, you could easily talk to the shipping company about covering it under shipping insurance, but I don’t know how that is handled where you are from.

I do completely understand the issue with the memory that you keep referencing, but you have to look at this from any companies stand point..
    escapism
    • Total Posts : 32
    Re: RMA FAILURE 2021/01/28 07:46:31 (permalink)
    А я тебе говорил, дружище.
    Nikolay_kms
    Re: RMA FAILURE 2021/01/28 07:50:02 (permalink)
    escapism

Надеялся на здравый смысл, лучше бы в РФ её отремонтировал, цену то всего 5000р назначали за ремонт, а теперь даже с отправкой назад траблы, да и вообще молчание неделю, написали, если сам не заберу или типо того, утилизируют карту...
    escapism
    • Total Posts : 32
    Re: RMA FAILURE 2021/01/28 07:53:44 (permalink)
    Nikolay_kms
    escapism

Надеялся на здравый смысл, лучше бы в РФ её отремонтировал, цену то всего 5000р назначали за ремонт, а теперь даже с отправкой назад траблы, да и вообще молчание неделю, написали, если сам не заберу или типо того, утилизируют карту...

Меня тоже немного подставили. Но хотя бы прислали! Надеюсь под манерский бум солью ее на авито и отобью потраченные на всё это деньги.
    Указали в декларации цену в 650 баксов. Я ее в 2017 покупал за эти деньги! В итоге заплатил больше 5000 руб. таможенной пошлины.
    Хотя первая посылка от них была задекларирована на 350 баксов. 

И прислали карту Б/У. Видно, что ее устанавливали в комп (следы от винта).
    post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2021/01/28 08:20:47
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: RMA FAILURE 2021/01/28 08:24:27 (permalink)
    Please leave vulgar language off the forums.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile