EVGA

No sound coming from EVGA Nu Audio card

Author
mnongrum
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/01/01 17:46:09 (permalink)
I installed my EVGA Nu Audio card in my new Dell Inspiron 3880 desktop and downloaded the latest driver.
The card appears as EVGA Nu Audio under "Sound, video and game controllers" in Device Manager. The EVGA Nu Audio Led lights on the side are lit up as well. So the card is powered up.
At first there was sound coming out from my speakers but suddenly the sound disappeared. I tried to reset the card in the PCIe slot but it did not produce any sound. 
Please advise and help pinpoint the issue.

16 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: No sound coming from EVGA Nu Audio card 2021/01/01 17:50:52 (permalink)
    Make sure that Windows didn’t change the sound to your monitor or some other random device. Windows changes my settings all the time, even though I designate the audio card as the primary option.
    mnongrum
    Re: No sound coming from EVGA Nu Audio card 2021/01/01 18:21:47 (permalink)
    I have disabled my integrated Realtek(R) Audio to eliminate sound from the integrated channel.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: No sound coming from EVGA Nu Audio card 2021/01/01 18:57:16 (permalink)
    Yes, so do I, but Windows tried to send the signal through HDMI or DisplayPort to the monitor, even with audio disabled to any device other than the sound card. Windows is very rude about changing settings.
    Coughtly
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: No sound coming from EVGA Nu Audio card 2021/01/02 08:15:20 (permalink)
    It is happen when it is not connected with PC. Check all thing to reset it 
    joseph305
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 211
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: No sound coming from EVGA Nu Audio card 2021/01/02 09:36:31 (permalink)
    I've been thinking about getting the nu card because win 10
    is always changing my on board realtek  audio lately .... had
    to reinstall drivers several times over that period... still on 1909
    but seems like with every upgrade win 10 does , many end up
    with sound problems.

So, mnongrum , my first bet would be software problem.

10700, msi z590 mb ,16gig ram, 3070ti ftw3 ultra, win 10  , crucial m.2's
    mnongrum
    Re: No sound coming from EVGA Nu Audio card 2021/02/25 09:23:34 (permalink)
    Right now this card appears to be dead. There are no LED lights. I tried to reinstall the driver but I have not been successful.
    When I tried to install the driver it gave the following message as shown:
    "To complete the driver installation, you must disconnect and reconnect your device. Do you want to exit this wizard now and connect the device later? Yes or No"
    I clicked on "Yes" and removed the card from the PCIe slot and reconnected. Nothing changed after that. It gave a message "EVGA NU Audio driver failed to install correctly. Please reboot your computer and run the installer again."
    I have repeated this process several times but nothing changed. The card is now not listed on Device Manager either.

An exactly similar problem has been encountered by another user in Europe. He has a video on YouTube showing this same issue where he could not install the driver. This is something crazy.
    Please advise.
    post edited by mnongrum - 2021/02/25 12:49:20
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10103
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: No sound coming from EVGA Nu Audio card 2021/02/25 09:59:44 (permalink)
    Is the SATA power cable connected and have you tried another cable?

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

mnongrum
    Re: No sound coming from EVGA Nu Audio card 2021/02/25 10:59:28 (permalink)
    Yes, I have two SATA power cables coming out from my 435W PSU (Power Supply Unit).
    I have tried both cables but in both cases, I don't see the LED lights on.
    I tested the SATA powers cables on an additional hard-drive to make sure there are both working, and both of them worked perfectly. So there is nothing wrong with the SATA power cables. 
    Either the card is dead or there is something else that is horribly wrong with the Nu Audio Card.
    I bought this card directly from EVGA website, is there a way they will send me a replacement?
    Appreciate your advice.

EVGA_Lee
    • Total Posts : 4247
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: No sound coming from EVGA Nu Audio card 2021/02/25 15:40:09 (permalink)
    mnongrum
    Yes, I have two SATA power cables coming out from my 435W PSU (Power Supply Unit).
    I tested the SATA powers cables on an additional hard-drive to make sure there are both working, and both of them worked perfectly. So there is nothing wrong with the SATA power cables. 
    Either the card is dead or there is something else that is horribly wrong with the Nu Audio Card.
    I bought this card directly from EVGA website, is there a way they will send me a replacement?
    Appreciate your advice.

This sounds like the card has failed.  If the LED is off, and you previously had it on, that suggests the card has failed.  If you manually turned off the LED in the software, and the LED stays off, then it would be normal.

I see that you've reached out to us to get a replacement, so I'll make sure that someone on our team will follow up with you.

mnongrum
    Re: No sound coming from EVGA Nu Audio card 2021/02/26 13:04:18 (permalink)
    As suggested yesterday, I have switched to a 5 wire SATA connector with a 3.3V orange. I have manually tested the SATA connector with a digital multimeter to ensure that all the terminals have the rights voltages. All of them have the corresponding voltages i.e., yellow 12V, red 5V, and orange 3.3V.  When I switched on my computer, the LED on the EVGA Nu Audio Card lighted up momentarily but it did not stay lighted up as it should be. There was also a clicking sound when the LED turned itself off. As before, the card is not listed on the Device Manager. When I reinstalled the driver I got the same messages as before, i.e., "EVGA NU Audio driver failed to install correctly. Please reboot your computer and run the installer again". I have repeated this process several times with no success. Not sure what is going on and why is the software not being installed. Never had this same experience with any installs. This is just not right. 
    post edited by mnongrum - 2021/02/26 16:21:30
    EVGATech_AnthonyS
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 149
    Re: No sound coming from EVGA Nu Audio card 2021/03/02 06:08:52 (permalink)
    Based on the symptoms and the troubleshooting done so far, this definitely seems like a defective card. The RMA that you have placed on the card should take care of this problem.
    Looking forward to getting this resolved for you!

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
    scar1ove
    Re: No sound coming from EVGA Nu Audio card 2022/01/11 08:59:16 (permalink)
    EVGATech_AnthonyS
    Based on the symptoms and the troubleshooting done so far, this definitely seems like a defective card. The RMA that you have placed on the card should take care of this problem.
    Looking forward to getting this resolved for you!

hello i have same problem with my cardwhen i plug sata power socket. not have rgb light. when i turn on pc i heard relay voice. i tried many times install drivers but windows 10 do not recognizing evga nu.  i bought card by ebay used but seller says working. i tried still card looks died. no light.  he tried wrong connection before than me . i see sata sonnector damaged. i think he tried plug sata power wrong. and card died now. am i right? . how i can repair this car if he plug sata power wrong?

post edited by scar1ove - 2022/01/11 09:01:10
    scar1ove
    Re: No sound coming from EVGA Nu Audio card 2022/01/11 09:17:14 (permalink)
    EVGATech_LeeM
    mnongrum
    Appreciate your advice.

This sounds like the card has failed.  If the LED is off, and you previously had it on, that suggests the card has failed.  If you manually turned off the LED in the software, and the LED stays off, then it would be normal.

I see that you've reached out to us to get a replacement, so I'll make sure that someone on our team will follow up with you.

can help me. rgb lights not working card looks died. i see issue on device management. looks unknown device. nu driver installed
    BizSAR
    EGC Lead Admin / EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 1712
    Re: No sound coming from EVGA Nu Audio card 2022/01/12 10:44:56 (permalink)
    scar1ove

can help me. rgb lights not working card looks died. i see issue on device management. looks unknown device. nu driver installed

You'll want to submit an issue on your card here. The card will need to be registered first, if it isn't already.

BizSAR
    EVGA 3090Ti FTW3 Ultra / ZOTAC 4070Ti Trinity OC - ASUS ROG PG279QM
    scar1ove
    Re: No sound coming from EVGA Nu Audio card 2022/01/13 01:06:36 (permalink)
    BizSAR
    scar1ove

You'll want to submit an issue on your card . The card will need to be registered first, if it isn't already.

i can register product. but i cannot send sound card to another country. because i will give tax again same i order brand new item. because of our bull**** country management. only i asking this: if sata power plugged and turn on the pc. rgb lights should run on audio card or not?  my card not have light only i heard relay voice tik tik.. you can see my card. how he try sata power wrong you can see on photo. how he have brain and make this. after card died i think. but he do not accept. he said me card is working on my computer :)
    post edited by scar1ove - 2022/01/13 01:09:35
    BizSAR
    EGC Lead Admin / EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 1712
    Re: No sound coming from EVGA Nu Audio card 2022/01/13 10:26:24 (permalink)
    scar1ove
    i can register product. but i cannot send sound card to another country. because i will give tax again same i order brand new item. because of our bull**** country management. only i asking this: if sata power plugged and turn on the pc. rgb lights should run on audio card or not?  my card not have light only i heard relay voice tik tik.. you can see my card. how he try sata power wrong you can see on photo. how he have brain and make this. after card died i think. but he do not accept. he said me card is working on my computer :)

I don't know but perhaps someone else does? If you have the card registered, you can ask the question from EVGA at the link I provided. You won't need to send the card in do to that.

BizSAR
    EVGA 3090Ti FTW3 Ultra / ZOTAC 4070Ti Trinity OC - ASUS ROG PG279QM
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile