EVGA

I am sick to death...

Author
steve_gro
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/12/06 23:16:25 (permalink)
...of the stupid blue neon Z390 FTW (which I interpret as the world) boot screen.  I'm not able to find a way to see regular POST info -- in spite of several emails to tech support.  I'll research this carefully before I buy another MB and make sure I don't get one that forces me to watch a stupid ad instead of useful information.

Note:  I thought I'd get used to it, but I hate it more & more with every boot.  I don't turn the monitor on until I think it's gone, but sometimes you have to reboot and look at that idiotic image.
post edited by Sajin - 2020/12/07 00:39:09

6 Replies Related Threads

bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: I am sick to death... 2020/12/07 03:52:48 (permalink)
    In the Boot tab of the BIOS there's a setting called "Skip Home" that sounds interesting..It's off by default..Turn it on and see what happens..The "Home" is probably EVGA's own splash screen and if you "Skip" it, it will show the POST info..Just a guess here.
    post edited by bob16314 - 2020/12/08 00:43:48

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

MhzManiac
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 772
    • Ribbons : 8
    Re: I am sick to death... 2020/12/07 19:42:23 (permalink)
    I have Skip Home enabled and I see the splash screen only until windows takes over. I think it is enabled by default and tuning it off may show the bios status as it boots. I forgot to try that.

FTW is FOR THE WIN, but I like the other explanation. LOL

That is me in the picture, anyone else ever pet a live Lion?
    EVGA Z390 FTW (Bios 1.08)  i9-9900KF 8 core, 32G Corsair Vengeance LPX Dual Chl 3000 XMP-1 ,  
    Intel SSD6 M.2 2TB, Samsung 840 PRO 1TB / 512G SSD,   Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super , Win 11 Pro 64, EVGA Supernova 1300 watts, NZXT Phantom 820, Strix Raid DLX 7.1 surround, Corsair H100 Liquid , Dell S2417DG /S2409W / Acer XB241H Predator / Samsung C24F390 Curve/ Oculus Rift S VR
    Delirious
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 17474
    • Ribbons : 61
    Re: I am sick to death... 2020/12/07 21:07:04 (permalink)
    Not a fan of boot screens either.  I outsourced one of my bios files on the 790i back in the day to change it.  Dont know if you can still do that.

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
    Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
    Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
    education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
    A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
    bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: I am sick to death... 2020/12/07 21:42:14 (permalink)
    There's tools out there you can try like BIOS Logo Tool and others that may allow you to change your boot screen to one of your own..I never did or needed to though..Search 'Boot Logo Tool' or 'Bios Splash Screen Tool' to find more.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

micfogas
    • Total Posts : 52
    Re: I am sick to death... 2021/01/04 22:29:49 (permalink)
    The "Skip Home" function only skips the menu when entering BIOS (where you can choose to enter manual BIOS mode, auto robo overclock I believe, I forget all the options..). I have the Z390 Dark, but that is how the feature functions on it and I would assume it's the same for the FTW.

Usually, pressing escape or tab during a boot logo screen before Windows or your OS begins to load, will display the legacy POST info you are looking for, which usually consists of a memory check, and initialization of addon cards, such as SCSI controllers, floppy drives, etc. That information isn't usually available if the CSM is not enabled for legacy device support. Fast Boot does not support CSM being enabled, if I remember correctly. Unless you're trying to boot from BIOS mode or legacy devices such as an add-on card, there wouldn't be information to display.

The logo is typically displayed and continues to be displayed during Windows 10 boot process, along with the Balls of Death that spin while Windows loads. I haven't tried changing the boot logo on any recent motherboard, but you could definitely try the tool that was linked, to replace it with your own image.

My last personal system prior to my Z390 Dark, was a 2013 ASUS ROG Formula V Maximus, and the logo during boot was a thing back then, too. There was an option to display it as is, full screen, or blank I think. It's been a while.

I'm not sure exactly what info you're hoping to see instead, such as if you simply want to see the memory verification for the split second it occurs, along with the "Press Del or F2 to enter BIOS" or whatever the message says along with the BIOS manufacturer above it (such as Phoenix or Award or AMI), or if you're looking for verbose windows booting (I'm not sure if that's still an option in Windows booting these days). These are basically legacy POST screens for BIOS motherboards. Everything these days is UEFI, though BIOS mode is usually offered for compatibility if needed. This does require disabling Secure Boot and enabling BIOS mode boot devices, saving and rebooting into the BIOS config, then selecting one of the non UEFI boot menu items, but that's typically only needed for some specific use cases, such as older recovery flash drives or disk utilities, like older versions of Acronis boot image, DBAN, or a few others.

I don't think you'll find a modern motherboard that displays what you're looking for though. UEFI typically displays a boot logo that is embedded into the firmware, which can usually be changed with tools capable of doing so. Just be sure to use something that supports recent firmware files. The last thing you want to do is flash a corrupt firmware image.

I hope this helped.

Michael
    eighty_D
    • Total Posts : 30
    Re: I am sick to death... 2021/01/10 01:29:25 (permalink)
    Disabling Quiet Boot in boot options removes the full screen logo on my z370.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile