EVGA

GPU Fan Speed Up to 100% BUG in Precision software NEED A FIX NOW!

Author
H0PE_
  • Total Posts : 12
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/02/23 01:57:47 (permalink)
Okay I have enough I need the support team to escalate this issue.

Problem: The GPU fan speed up periodically (Totally erratic, sometimes in every minute, sometimes 10-15minutes passes and nothing, while game is constantly running, no change in performance/consumption) to 100% then goes back to the set amount in Precision X1. The Speed up is not reflected or recorded by the Precision X1 application at all (See attached screenshot). The fans speed up, gpu doesn't reach 80Degrees, I check the fan speed and it is on 60%. This is either firmware bug or software. NEED TO FIX, THIS IS A LONG-GOING ISSUE!

Details:
Mem Clock +150Mhz
GPU Clock +80Mhz (I can set to 100+ too, though some games freezing with 100 so I stick to 80+ mostly)
Voltage +100
Power 112%
GPU Temp 83
General Fan speed set to 60% OR I tried with 70% and 75%, still the above issue occurs. See screenshot from my settings. Also uploaded The Temp Tuner that the system set (I DIDN'T CHANGE THIS, ITS AUTOMATICALLY SET BASED ON SETTINGS, BEFORE ANYONE WOULD SAY DOWN-CLOCK AND ****).

In-game, the stupid fun goes up to 100% for like 5seconds, then goes down. Alt-Tab out from game, and I see the following degrees and fan speed %, see attached screenshot.

Attached Image(s)

4 Replies Related Threads

EVGATech_BrandonO
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 224
    Re: GPU Fan Speed Up to 100% BUG in Precision software NEED A FIX NOW! 2020/02/23 06:52:00 (permalink)
    Hello,

if this is truly a software issue then please uninstall the Precision X1 software. Make sure you delete the EVGA Precision X folder in your programs files.
    once that is deleted use the card and see if those issues still occur. If they do then it will more likely be card related and not software related.

Have a moment? Please rate our service
    H0PE_
    Re: GPU Fan Speed Up to 100% BUG in Precision software NEED A FIX NOW! 2020/02/23 10:40:48 (permalink)
    As I have stated, If I'm using a stock setup, on the software, there is no speedup of the fans. Only when there is some tweaking of the gpu. The issue is not that the card couldn't handle the tweak and I would see the overheating and the fans speeding up. The issue is that there is no visible heat up and no fan speed change shows on the software.

AS I'VE STATED IT. If this wouldn't be a software issue, then in the software I should see the fan speed climb up to 100% isn't it?
    DamonLynch
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 172
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: GPU Fan Speed Up to 100% BUG in Precision software NEED A FIX NOW! 2020/02/23 13:45:56 (permalink)
    I recently had a 1080 Ti SC2 replaced under RMA due to the fan speed going up to 100% under very little load, and Precision X1 (or any other program) not being able to properly report the fan RPM (it would often but not always report 0 RPM at full fan speed).

It was a hardware problem, not a software problem.
    H0PE_
    Re: GPU Fan Speed Up to 100% BUG in Precision software NEED A FIX NOW! 2020/02/28 01:05:57 (permalink)
    Under normal load I don't have this problem.
    I've reset my precision x1 settings to default. I've rased some parameters but not drastically. The issue isn't happening.
    So when I set the GPU speed to a certain amount (+100 in this case) then I experience this weird speedup.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile