EVGA

280 CLC coolant not cooling

Author
Elendel
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/11/22 17:10:57 (permalink)
So a week or two ago one of the fans on my 280 CLC started to rattle and sound pretty terrible. I went and bought some new fans (noctua p-14) and installed them tonight. The fans spin, push tons of air through the radiator and are fully controlled by evga flow control, but my coolant temperature just rises nonstop.

A few minutes at the desktop and my coolant is 50c and my cpu is in the 80s. Fan speeds seems to make no difference, neither does pump speed. I can hear the pump spin up and down when I change the speed on it, so it seems to be working. I can only guess that the coolant isn’t making it through the radiator somehow?

I’ve checked all the cables and nothing seems to be wrong there, but everything spins so that’s not surprising. Anyone have any ideas? Did I somehow break the radiator or pump by changing two fans??

Edit: just realized that flow control says my pump is running at 3300rpm at the lowest speed setting, and almost 5000 when maxed. Something isn’t right there..
post edited by Elendel - 2019/11/22 17:47:53

2 Replies Related Threads

vegajf51
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 561
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: 280 CLC coolant not cooling 2019/11/22 18:37:15 (permalink)
    Elendel
    So a week or two ago one of the fans on my 280 CLC started to rattle and sound pretty terrible. I went and bought some new fans (noctua p-14) and installed them tonight. The fans spin, push tons of air through the radiator and are fully controlled by evga flow control, but my coolant temperature just rises nonstop.

A few minutes at the desktop and my coolant is 50c and my cpu is in the 80s. Fan speeds seems to make no difference, neither does pump speed. I can hear the pump spin up and down when I change the speed on it, so it seems to be working. I can only guess that the coolant isn’t making it through the radiator somehow?

I’ve checked all the cables and nothing seems to be wrong there, but everything spins so that’s not surprising. Anyone have any ideas? Did I somehow break the radiator or pump by changing two fans??

Edit: just realized that flow control says my pump is running at 3300rpm at the lowest speed setting, and almost 5000 when maxed. Something isn’t right there..

Sounds like the impeller is no longer attached to the pump motor. 
    bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: 280 CLC coolant not cooling 2019/11/22 19:57:18 (permalink)
    That just happened right after changing the fans?

Uninstall Flow Control..Then restart your PC..Then install/reinstall the latest version 2.0.9 from the EVGA Download Center -> Other Products tab -> Closed Loop Coolers..But it does sound like a pump problem.

If no joy, Contact EVGA Customer Service about a possible RMA.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile