X299 FTW K Custom VRM block I made!

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
Krzysztof47
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 430
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 15
Re: X299 FTW K Custom VRM block I made! 2022/12/28 10:20:00 (permalink)
Harudath
Krzysztof47
Harudath
Krzysztof47

Thank you, I appreciate it. I will see what I can do.  And of course update this post.

Unfortunately I do not give out my CAD files or prints as I am always worried of them falling into the wrong hands and having credit stolen for my creations.  That is not to say that the place would do this of course, I am just paranoid about this, I apologize for this.  I do appreciate the thought and offer though of course.

In the meantime, I saw someone else on here design a beautiful X299 Dark Monoblock.  It was the Dark Laguna build, really had an awesome design to it.  Maybe they might be able to make one for you?  There is always the option of high w/mk Fujipoly pads, but I found on top of being very expensive they are extremely brittle.

And there always is the legendary Liquid Extasy.de, they make beautiful blocks.  Here is a full cover unit!  I have gotten a block from them before, they do not disappoint!

Fair enough! I would have the same paranoia if they were my CAD files to be honest :p I'm currently having to work out how many fans I have to strap to my motherboard to stop my VRM overheating and causing throttling. I've got some error where the VRM hitting 60c causes a thermal throttle, so any overclocking at all is going to be a struggle without something like this water block.

I've never used a monoblock before, although I have a very nice Optimus cpu block on atm, and I would hate to compromise the performance of my CPU cooling with a mono. That liquid extasy block is very cool though, I think if I had known about it when I bought this board I might have purchased it! For £300+ (after shipping, import taxes, etc), I am probably better saving the money for a new cpu and board in a year or two. I would happily pay £50-£100 for a block like yours, but £300 is a bit much I think. I will keep an eye on that site in general though, it's new to me! Thanks 

The Optimus block is very nice.  I used one for a short period of time.  The Liquid Extasy fullcover block would not disappoint and I doubt you would loose much when it comes to CPU cooling side, could easily try and make up for it with a super good TIM such as Nano Grease from Phobya.  No problem, I found them long ago and seems not a lot of people know about them. 

You should check out: they make some awesome pieces as well.

I'm afraid you're my only hope! I contacted comimo and they won't make anything unless I order 150 of them 😅

Liquid ecstacy also doesn't make a block for the FTW-k, and it would cost more than a new motherboard:(

I will look into that paste though, that sounds very promising. I use SYY and that's been awesome so far.

As I mentioned before, I'd be quite happy to pay a premium for your block, and I'm sure others would too!

Btw, did I see you had a cad file of the FTW-k layout?

Help me Obi-Wan Krzysztof47! 🤣 (Also have a good Christmas everyone)

Sorry for the delay, I did not get a notification on your post.  Sorry to hear that, sounds like Koolance.  They use to and might still offer the ability to build custom blocks, but they had a very high minimum order.

Yeah I believe they only offer the fullcover kit for the X299 Dark.

As for the paste, Phobya nano grease is the best thermal paste I have used so far, it makes a big difference on GPU's.  It has a thick viscosity, almost dough like, so it needs to be spread and can be a bit messy.

Yes I built the FTW-K VRM block from the ground up with my own measurements.  The VRM on the FTW-K is very high quality.  It uses some Intersil powerstages with the metal IC housing to help in heat transfer, not a junk VRM by any means.  The X299 Dark I had the luxury of having the actual CAD file of the board from EVGA, it is available online.  I was able to make everything very precise on the modeling side and then tweaked after 3D printing a test piece. Thank you for the holiday wishes and same to you!
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile