EVGA

Ever have your serial #already registered? I Have! Doing RMA for the first time with EVGA

Author
Jae30001
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/10/10 09:44:47 (permalink)
So i purchased this card from amazon.  I use this GPU for work related, and Fun related.  

So this card was hitting almost 200 degrees F( 90+C i think), and after a few days of this.  The fan came FLYING off!  Like a damn flying drone!  scared the living Crap out of me.

So i contacted EVGA support. this is within 3 weeks of owning it.  Purchased last month.  They tell me. We shipped the card out to amazon last year.  And my reply was basically, trying to explain what back stock is, and how it sometimes sits.  So then he calls me back.  And tells me. my serial was already registered and they will not RMA the card.  

Now they want me to pay for shipping and mail them the card, for a possible RMA.

I showed them proof of purchase, and invoices from amazon. i have all of these.  he even agree'd it is probably just a mistake.

So they will not honor the Advanced RMA, OR standard RMA.  they want me to pay for shipping both ways for a possible rma.

Be careful out there guys, sharks are in the water.  I filed a BBB Complaint, and sent a few emails out to EVGA "higher ups"

2 Replies Related Threads

EVGATech_AdamB
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1930
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Ever have your serial #already registered? I Have! Doing RMA for the first time with 2019/10/10 09:55:44 (permalink)
    Hello Jae30001! I apologize if there is any confusion over our RMA process. For the Advanced RMA, that service is only available to the original owner of the product and requires a verifiable invoice to show that you are the original owner. When we tried to verify the invoice with Amazon, two different Amazon representatives were unable to verify that invoice. Due to Amazon being unable to verify the invoice, we are unable to proceed with an Advanced RMA but we can still assist you with a Standard RMA. I do see that a Standard RMA has been submitted and approved, so you should have received two e-mails with further instructions on how and where to ship your graphics card to us.

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
    Jae30001
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Ever have your serial #already registered? I Have! Doing RMA for the first time with 2019/10/10 12:43:18 (permalink)
    I just want to let everyone know, Jaeson has been single highhandedly taking care of my situation.  Seem's the issue may infact be with amazon.

I will report back how it goes.
    My post count is too low, or else i was going to post a video of the fan wobbling before it took off like a drone.

post edited by Jae30001 - 2019/10/10 12:44:55

Attached Image(s)

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile