EVGA

A few Days after EVGA Supernova 750 P2, 80+ Platinum 750W Install Computer "Buzzes"

Author
crash_test
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/06/23 15:27:14 (permalink)
Hey everyone,

Installed a new EVGA Supernova 750 P2, 80+ Platinum 750W into an existing build last week.  No issues noticed until yesterday.

Now, when the PC is powered up or wakes from sleep, the PC makes a loud-ish and non-normal buzzing sound.    It occurs instantly when the PC's power button is pressed.  The only thing that I can think of that could make that much noise is the power supply or the two fans (case and CPU). 

I took the case side off, and powered it on.  The noise is certainly coming from the power supply.

Here is link to a recording of the noise: 

Any thoughts?    No doubt I will be calling ECGA tomorrow (I assume for a replacement).

Thanks
Mike

2 Replies Related Threads

crash_test
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: A few Days after EVGA Supernova 750 P2, 80+ Platinum 750W Install Computer "Buzzes" 2019/06/23 15:46:54 (permalink)
    Well, since EVGA tech support is open, I called them.  They state it is normal Coil Whine (sp), and there is nothing abnormal about this.   I can either live with it or request an exchange with Amazon (where purchased).

I do not consider this much noise "normal".   Pretty disappointed in the situation as I considered this a purchase of a "nice" PS and not some cheap POS.   

I guess the forum rules prevent links, so you all cannot hear my recording.

_JoseR
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 826
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: A few Days after EVGA Supernova 750 P2, 80+ Platinum 750W Install Computer "Buzzes" 2019/06/26 14:32:32 (permalink)
    Hi crash_test and welcome to the EVGA forums!

I'm very sorry about this issue with your power supply. While some coil whine is normal, if it is too audible we can assist with a replacement.

If you do the paper clip test does the unit generate the noise?  https://www.evga.com/support/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=59582
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile