EVGA

Helpful ReplyRefusued RMA,serial numbers on card, RMA team say CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker missing

Author
justwondering
  • Total Posts : 16
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/06/19 02:25:00 (permalink)
I bought my card 2nd user, the warranty sticker was not in place, but the serial number matched the one on the box and the one on the card too, both serial numbers one on the back plate and one on the card down by the PCI-E edge connector are on the graphics card with no evidence of any kind of tampering to those stickers.

RMA# 5411190617243510 was approved for return.

So I sent the card back, but the RMA team say the CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker missing and they cannot work on the card due to the missing sticker, so they have cancelled my RMA, at no point was I contacted with regards to the RMA been cancelled, it was only when I noticed that the RMA was no longer showing as an open RMA, I then had to make contact and to make further enquires.

Why is it that the RMA team cannot work from the serial number of the graphics card? I have not removed the CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker, I cannot speak for the original owner.

But why when the card has both of its serial numbers in place on the card should it be an issue?

I am finding the whole situation most distressing...
post edited by justwondering - 2019/06/19 02:27:39
aka_STEVE_b
EGC Admin
  • Total Posts : 17692
  • Ribbons : 69
Re: Refusued RMA,serial numbers on card, RMA team say CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker missi 2019/06/19 05:38:27 (permalink)
USA  rma  or  Europe ?

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
justwondering
Re: Refusued RMA,serial numbers on card, RMA team say CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker missi 2019/06/19 05:58:50 (permalink)
aka_STEVE_b
USA  rma  or  Europe ?

Hi Steve, Europe UK, Very disappointed, they have even told me to arrange my own return shipping !!! the card has its serial number on the back plate and matching the serial number on the card by the PCI-E connection.
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: Refusued RMA,serial numbers on card, RMA team say CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker missi 2019/06/19 10:01:45 (permalink)
justwondering
aka_STEVE_b
USA  rma  or  Europe ?

Hi Steve, Europe UK, Very disappointed, they have even told me to arrange my own return shipping !!! the card has its serial number on the back plate and matching the serial number on the card by the PCI-E connection.

If they match why was your RMA Rejected?

"CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker missing" This is new, Some of my Cards never came with them.
At least they are not on the Back Plates and I have never removed any of my Back Plates.
But this adds to the Story "I cannot speak for the original owner."

I would get the name of the EVGA Tech and contact the USA Support Team.
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/06/19 10:05:16

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

justwondering
Re: Refusued RMA,serial numbers on card, RMA team say CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker missi 2019/06/19 10:04:26 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
justwondering
aka_STEVE_b
USA  rma  or  Europe ?

The serial numbers match but as detailed above they said that the "CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker" was not on the card.

I'd like to take the matter further but I'm unsure how to contact a manager or head of department, I sent two messages earlier and I now appear to be ignored.

Extremely frustrating.
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: Refusued RMA,serial numbers on card, RMA team say CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker missi 2019/06/19 10:06:07 (permalink)
justwondering
bcavnaugh
justwondering
aka_STEVE_b
USA  rma  or  Europe ?

The serial numbers match but as detailed above they said that the "CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker" was not on the card.

I'd like to take the matter further but I'm unsure how to contact a manager or head of department, I sent two messages earlier and I now appear to be ignored.

Extremely frustrating.

What is the Full Model and Part Number of this Graphics Card?
Also this is a Second Hand Card so you may run into more issues without a Bill of Sale from the Original Owner.

EVGA Corporate Headquarters

• US Office
  • Brea, California
  • Toll Free: +1.888.881.EVGA (3842)
  • Tel: +1.714.528.4500
  • Fax: +1.714.528.4501
  • Email us
Service Hours
  • 6 AM to 10 PM PT, 7 days a week
  • Office Hours: Monday – Friday 9AM to 6PM PST
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/06/19 10:10:41

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: Refusued RMA,serial numbers on card, RMA team say CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker missi 2019/06/19 10:10:05 (permalink)
Welcome to the Forum.

justwondering
Re: Refusued RMA,serial numbers on card, RMA team say CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker missi 2019/06/19 10:13:33 (permalink)
Thank you for the details but I'm based in the UK(Europe) , I've called and spoken with General customer support, but they are pretty much just saying the same thing the "CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker" is missing.... But both serial numbers are on the card.

Ideally I'd like to speak with a manager of the department.
justwondering
Re: Refusued RMA,serial numbers on card, RMA team say CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker missi 2019/06/19 10:17:39 (permalink)
The part number is P/N 08G-P4-6678-KR, gtx 1070ti, it had around 800 days of remaining warranty!
_JeffP
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 652
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Refusued RMA,serial numbers on card, RMA team say CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker missi 2019/06/19 14:17:18 (permalink)
Hello,

This is covered on our warranty terms and conditions: https://eu.evga.com/warranty/graphics-cards/
"This Limited Warranty applies only to Products used in accordance with this Limited Warranty and EVGA's published documentation, and does not cover:
Products that are modified outside of factory specifications and/or not in factory condition.
Products with modification to the serial number and/or factory identification labels whether removed, relocated, falsified, defaced, damaged, altered or made illegible." 

Everything is security. 
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: Refusued RMA,serial numbers on card, RMA team say CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker missi 2019/06/19 23:54:49 (permalink)
justwondering
I bought my card 2nd user, the warranty sticker was not in place, but the serial number matched the one on the box and the one on the card too, both serial numbers one on the back plate and one on the card down by the PCI-E edge connector are on the graphics card with no evidence of any kind of tampering to those stickers.

So I sent the card back, but the RMA team say the CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker missing and they cannot work on the card due to the missing sticker, so they have cancelled my RMA, at no point was I contacted with regards to the RMA been cancelled, it was only when I noticed that the RMA was no longer showing as an open RMA, I then had to make contact and to make further enquires.

Why is it that the RMA team cannot work from the serial number of the graphics card? I have not removed the CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker, I cannot speak for the original owner.

But why when the card has both of its serial numbers in place on the card should it be an issue?

This is the first i have heard of CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker for reason to not honor a warranty. Sure seems like evga is looking for any reason to not honor warranties these days.

justwondering
Re: Refusued RMA,serial numbers on card, RMA team say CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker missi 2019/06/20 00:19:10 (permalink)
MSim
justwondering

This is the first i have heard of CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker for reason to not honor a warranty. Sure seems like evga is looking for any reason to not honor warranties these days.

I know, I feel very let down, its a low ball move
justwondering
Re: Refusued RMA,serial numbers on card, RMA team say CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker missi 2019/06/20 00:42:07 (permalink)
I have requested contact details for a manager in the customer support department, but customer support are ignoring all my messages...... EVGA used to have a warranty that could be relied upon. But now things have very much changed.

Especially when they ignore you, that is not customer services.. That is just plain old ignorance.
post edited by justwondering - 2019/06/21 00:22:08
justwondering
Re: Refusued RMA,serial numbers on card, RMA team say CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker missi 2019/06/20 00:56:51 (permalink)
The person at the UK support team that is currently ignoring all my messages is Ian House, please see below for a copy of the message sent to me.

Hello Mr ********,

We have received your graphics card which you have returned under RMA 541119061724****.

On inspecting the card we have discovered that one of the manufacturers identification number labels is missing.
The MFG serial label should be located on the front of the PCB next to the gold PCI-E data connector.

I have attached a photograph of your card to this email highlighting the area where the label should be located and also an example image of a card which shows the label in place.

Unfortunately due to the manufacturers identification label not being present this does invalidate your EVGA warranty and your RMA has been rejected.

Please can you arrange to collect your rejected RMA from the UK RMA Centre at the address below:-

EVGA RMA Centre (Ref 541119061724****)
Langdale
Flag Lane
Penwortham
Preston
PR1 9TP

​If you have any questions or require any further assistance please contact EVGA support through your EVGA account login.

Regards,​
EVGA UK
justwondering
Re: Refusued RMA,serial numbers on card, RMA team say CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker missi 2019/06/20 01:02:54 (permalink)
If anyone can give me a contact name or number for a manager at EVGA UK , I would like to be able to make contact with them as all my emails to Ian House are been ignored.

post edited by justwondering - 2019/06/20 01:06:48
justwondering
Re: Refusued RMA,serial numbers on card, RMA team say CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker missi 2019/06/20 05:48:05 (permalink)
Now one thing that is puzzling me, wherein the manual does it detail about the warranty terms and conditions?

I have had a flick through the manual, I can see nothing in relation to any warning about sticker removal, I can kind of understand if the serial number stickers had been removed, but a sticker for the Bios revision etc !!!!!! hmmmmmmm

I am hoping a manager will call me....but it seems EVGA are using any tactic to block RMA these days...very poor.
transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6116
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: Refusued RMA,serial numbers on card, RMA team say CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker missi 2019/06/20 06:05:04 (permalink)
I, myself, a huge fan of eVGA..have been for years....do not like the "Oh, the sticker isn't there? You're screwed!" attitude.

Stickers, by definition, lose their sticky-ness. They have a propensity to fall off.

The lack of sticker shouldn't void the warranty.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

justwondering
Re: Refusued RMA,serial numbers on card, RMA team say CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker missi 2019/06/20 06:07:57 (permalink)
transdogmifier
I, myself, a huge fan of eVGA..have been for years....do not like the "Oh, the sticker isn't there? You're screwed!" attitude.

Stickers, by definition, lose their sticky-ness. They have a propensity to fall off.

The lack of sticker shouldn't void the warranty.

Considering my serial number stickers are both completely intact and it is a Bios revision number sticker that is missing....I feel very very short-changed.

PLUS no mention of warranty terms and conditions on the box or in the manual.....very very poor.

justwondering
Re: Refusued RMA,serial numbers on card, RMA team say CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker missi 2019/06/20 06:38:23 (permalink)
I have finally had a reply from Ian House at the UK RMA office, I have requested a call back from a manager and I have emailed them my phone number, EVGA still has my graphics card at their RMA office in the UK.

I have also requested details of the warranty terms and conditions and where those details are shown in the user manual or in the information supplied in the box.

A cut and paste to online information sadly will not cut it......the information should be supplied within the packaging.

post edited by justwondering - 2019/06/20 06:39:57
EVGATech_AdamB
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1930
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Refusued RMA,serial numbers on card, RMA team say CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker missi 2019/06/20 09:42:41 (permalink)
Hello justwondering! I have reached out to our EU team so we can look into the situation further. I believe our EU customer service manager has been away from the office for a few days, but I will see if there is another person who can check in with you.

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
justwondering
Re: Refusued RMA,serial numbers on card, RMA team say CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker missi 2019/06/20 10:03:56 (permalink)
EVGATech_AdamB
Hello justwondering! I have reached out to our EU team so we can look into the situation further. I believe our EU customer service manager has been away from the office for a few days, but I will see if there is another person who can check in with you.

Hi Thank you for your kind help in this matter, I have emailed Ian House in the RMA team my Mobile number earlier today.

I hope they can kindly resolve the issue.

TY
justwondering
Re: Refusued RMA,serial numbers on card, RMA team say CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker missi 2019/06/21 03:06:11 (permalink)
Just a quick update a team member of the customer support team has called me today, but not the manager, but the customer support team member has said that the manager of Europe RMA a Mr Marcus Kasedaun will be calling me on Monday.

I feel this situation is shocking and that future EVGA customers should be made aware of the potential pitfalls of buying any EVGA product in the future.

No where int he instruction manual or on the packaging are the warranty terms and conditions.

WHY are they not detailed clearly? within the packaging or the instruction manual.

I have taken screenshots of my forum post, If needs be I shall take this matter much further.
The Serial Numbers are intact on the card but the "CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version" Sticker is missing !!!! WHAT a terrible customer service .
post edited by justwondering - 2019/06/21 03:07:28
Bepzinky
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 281
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Refusued RMA,serial numbers on card, RMA team say CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker missi 2019/06/21 03:16:45 (permalink)
Kinda shocking, I suspect the only reason my own RMA got accepted is because of actions from the EVGA's US HQ to the EU guys, after my complaint thread :(
That said after reading a few recent RMA stories I'm going to make a 4k video of the motherboard from every angle...
justwondering
Re: Refusued RMA,serial numbers on card, RMA team say CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker missi 2019/06/21 03:19:51 (permalink)
Bepzinky
Kinda shocking, I suspect the only reason my own RMA got accepted is because of actions from the EVGA's US HQ to the EU guys, after my complaint thread :(
That said after reading a few recent RMA stories I'm going to make a 4k video of the motherboard from every angle...

Agreed , you have to cover your back these days, very unfair situation for any customer to have to find themselves in, years and years of an excellent warranty reputation is been spoiled, I have recommended lots of people online,friends and family to always buy an EVGA graphics card, as I said they had the best warranty for peace of mind....!!! 
chari_n
  • Total Posts : 20
Re: Refusued RMA,serial numbers on card, RMA team say CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker missi 2019/06/21 11:05:21 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby justwondering 2019/06/21 12:00:36
EVGA's new warranty policy: "Did you take the component out of the original box? Warranty voided."
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: Refusued RMA,serial numbers on card, RMA team say CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker missi 2019/06/21 11:58:56 (permalink)
chari_n
EVGA's new warranty policy: "Did you take the component out of the original box? Warranty voided."

But you are not the one who took the component out of the original box not being the original owner

EVGATech_MarkusK
EVGA EU Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 315
Re: Refusued RMA,serial numbers on card, RMA team say CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker missi 2019/06/24 02:25:47 (permalink)
Hi,

like spoken, the manufacturer sticker is missing on the product itself - like discussed in such a case we are not able to offer RMA - please get in contact with the original owner, like suggested - we will send back the product to you on our costs,

Markus
justwondering
Re: Refusued RMA,serial numbers on card, RMA team say CIN, MFG, BIOS-Version Sticker missi 2019/06/24 02:45:50 (permalink)
EVGATech_MarkusK
Hi,

like spoken, the manufacturer sticker is missing on the product itself - like discussed in such a case we are not able to offer RMA - please get in contact with the original owner, like suggested - we will send back the product to you on our costs,

Markus

Hi Markus, Thank you for your time today, I have messaged Ian House, whom is the original person to contact me with regards to the RMA , I have asked him to contact you with regards to sending the card back to me.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile