EVGA

Searching for registration?

Author
Antikapitalista
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/05/21 01:51:14 (permalink)
Is it possible to find out if a product has already been registered?
If so, how?

The backstory: there is an offer in an e-shop (an official distributor / authorized reseller of EVGA products) for a used power supply unit. The e-shop offers the possibility to return the goods for an extended period of 2 months within the date of their purchase (for a small surcharge, of course); it then verifies that the product works correctly and offers the product for sale again, but this time as a used unit, with a shorter warranty and {the reason why I am bothering you with all this } at a huge discount.

It is a power supply for which EVGA offers a warranty period of 10 years.

I would like to know if there is a way to find out if the original customer had consumed his/her original warranty before he/she changed his/her mind and returned the product.

2 Replies Related Threads

_JeffP
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 652
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Searching for registration? 2019/05/21 01:53:20 (permalink)
    It would not be possible to find out if a product had been registered before as we can not provide information related to other customer's account. You can contact us directly through email or phone with the serial number and we can tell you how much warranty is remaining out of the 3 year warranty since purchases from a non-authorized re-seller fall under our secondhand warranty terms. 

Everything is security. 
    Antikapitalista
    • Total Posts : 3
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Searching for registration? 2019/05/21 02:16:37 (permalink)
    No, it would be purchased from an authorized reseller (Alza.cz); I just wanted to know whether it may be worth asking them about the serial number and bother you with looking it up, etc.

It is just that I merely wanted to weigh my options of buying a used PSU, an unpacked (open box) PSU or a brand new (sealed) PSU. The e-shop lists all such options.

I had purchased 2 EVGA power supply units previously (Supernova G2 750W), their fans had never turned on in their ECO mode, simply awesome PSUs!
    I have never registered them,  but they have been subject to only light loads... (and who knows what the previous owner may have done to them...?)

Oh, I am such a moron!
    This has been exhaustively and more that sufficiently explained in this sticky thread:
    How could I have overlooked it?! What an ignominious shame!
    post edited by Antikapitalista - 2019/05/21 04:01:05
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile