Sandy Hook Elementary evacuated for threat on 6th anniversary of massacre

Author
systemviper
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 207
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/12/14 18:42:16 (permalink)
Just want to say this is a very sad day for us in Newtown.
Some coward called in a bomb threat to our Grade School, the Sandy Hook Elementary School on the 6 year anniversary of the massacre. Sandy Hook Elementary was evacuated for the threat on 6th anniversary of the massacre.

This was the worst, most dispicipable thing that has ever happened close to us.  I Don't just mean because we live in Sandy Hook, but because we moved to Newtown for Sandy Hook Grammar School, it was highly rated.
Stevie went there for Grades Kindergarten thru 4th grade. He was in 8th Grade at the time of the shooting.
We knew some of the teachers and staff personally through Stephen. And so close to Xmas.... ;(

Today started just like any other day except Stephen (my son) rolled in at 9PM last night for winter break, very cool.
So all of a sudden I hear the house rattling and the sound of helicopters like they were landing on the house. I look out the window and see 2 Apache helicopters, warbirds... Probably 150 feet off the ground heading in that direction. Wow I said to Kris, I love aircraft, just love it so I was very excited, then she reminded what day today is....

6th anniversary of massacre

I have a close friend that had a First Grader going there at the time, (one of many friends) they were real close, enough to call him one of my best friends. I Knew his son very well, we got along great, I knew him before and after and he will carry this for the rest of his life.

Well the day of the shooting, we know because of the accounts of the witnesses. The FBI re-created a timeline and the shooter went in to a classroom, then I think another & came out and headed towards my Friends son's classroom area. But some people came out of the office and tried to stop the shooter and it wasn't good. But it changed his direction...
Bad things happen to good people, it's the only way to digest it. I try every now and then to say their names as my way of honoring those young beautiful spirits and the adults that we lost that day. It is not understandable how someone could shoot a first grader, just unimaginable. ---massacre

So a few days later my Friend John told me this little story. 
Because it was a crime scene they couldn't move any bodies, so the teachers in an effort to evacuate the other children left in the school told them. "Close your eyes and grab the shoulders of your friends, Do not open for anything but just follow them and we will get outside to safety. The danger is over but we have to go now."
So imagine that, being a first grader, you know that your gonna peek and have to serpentine thru the halls and bodies to safety. I will never forget that story and image it conjured...

Say an extra prayer tonight for your family and friends plus also all the victims of the sandy hook massacre.
We will never forget 12-14-12

This picture below shows just what they did and them in the parking lot....
What a Nightmare,

Sorry to burden you with this tragic moment in time but we need to still honor the victims, plus we are still living it......

7 Replies Related Threads

notfordman
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10345
    • Ribbons : 28
    Re: Sandy Hook Elementary evacuated for threat on 6th anniversary of massacre 2018/12/14 21:07:33 (permalink)
    You're not burdening anyone viper. The burden unfortunately is on the victims, and families. The act was disgusting, and so is the bomb threat. Sorry that happened, something that should have NEVER happened. We should remember, I think we have become numb to these acts, since it seems like every week. 
    bill1024
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 11110
    • Ribbons : 65
    Re: Sandy Hook Elementary evacuated for threat on 6th anniversary of massacre 2018/12/14 22:09:50 (permalink)
    I hope they find the person that called it in. They should do some jail time.
    Give them enough time so they can sit there and think how cruel and stupid they are.
    What a mean rotten thing to do to a community that has been through so much pain and heart ache.

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18926
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: Sandy Hook Elementary evacuated for threat on 6th anniversary of massacre 2018/12/15 12:58:10 (permalink)
    bill1024
    I hope they find the person that called it in. They should do some jail time.
    Give them enough time so they can sit there and think how cruel and stupid they are.
    What a mean rotten thing to do to a community that has been through so much pain and heart ache.

+1

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Delirious
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 17474
    • Ribbons : 61
    Re: Sandy Hook Elementary evacuated for threat on 6th anniversary of massacre 2018/12/15 13:04:08 (permalink)
    A bomb was threat went out to many areas of the US late this week. My mom informed me there was one at her local post office. A city of 7,000 people. I wonder if this threat was related

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
    Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
    Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
    education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
    A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
    Knightviper
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 610
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Sandy Hook Elementary evacuated for threat on 6th anniversary of massacre 2018/12/15 14:59:40 (permalink)
    must be a thing in the air as some schools where I am from were evacuated aswell due to a bomb threat

EVGA Z270 Classified K, Intel core i7 7700k , EVGA CLC 280 AIO, 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB @3200MHz, 250GB Samsung Evo SSD, Samsung Evo 840 250 SSD, 1TB WD Caviar Green 
    EVGA 1070Ti FTW 2 
    EVGA 1300w G2
    Windows 10 64-bit
    Evga DG-87

EVGATech_DanielM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1132
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Sandy Hook Elementary evacuated for threat on 6th anniversary of massacre 2018/12/15 20:57:29 (permalink)
    Unfortunately, it appears to be a widespread issue across the US that is affecting everyone. Poor timing with the holidays around the corner. 
    _AlanT
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 226
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Sandy Hook Elementary evacuated for threat on 6th anniversary of massacre 2018/12/16 04:54:14 (permalink)
    My respects to all of the victims, direct and indirect. RIP, angels.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile