[Problem] RMA says I'm receiving less powered card

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Delirious
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 17474
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 61
Re: [Problem] RMA says I'm receiving less powered card 2019/07/08 22:06:31 (permalink)

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
denis6902
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 105
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: [Problem] RMA says I'm receiving less powered card 2019/07/24 08:18:53 (permalink)
I'm glad i found this post as this 100% backs up what happened to my RMA experiences with EVGA LATAM and KABUM store. 

When my 1070ti died EVGA latam was rather helping the store kabum save some bucks, as they tried to push a card with much less vram also, and i said no no no. 
I thought this was only happening to me, but now it is clear that EVGA LATAM is not honoring EVGA's reputation and procedures. 

It was not the first time i noticed EVGA latam is playing on the store side instead of helping its clients.  

sentinelvdx
  • Total Posts : 12
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: [Problem] RMA says I'm receiving less powered card 2019/07/24 08:32:50 (permalink)
denis6902
I'm glad i found this post as this 100% backs up what happened to my RMA experiences with EVGA LATAM and KABUM store. 

When my 1070ti died EVGA latam was rather helping the store kabum save some bucks, as they tried to push a card with much less vram also, and i said no no no. 
I thought this was only happening to me, but now it is clear that EVGA LATAM is not honoring EVGA's reputation and procedures. 

It was not the first time i noticed EVGA latam is playing on the store side instead of helping its clients.  

Please explain better, which card did you finally get?

Because my 1080ti FTW3 was first replaced by a 2080 XC Ultra, but after complaining it was not same level card, they replaced it again for a 2080 FTW3 Ultra (I've tried paying extra to get a 2080ti instead, but they are not allowed to do that on RMA process, at least that's what they said to me)
Although it has less VRAM, this one has same GPU power, RTX support, and ICX2 sensors with 3 fans, so I'm happy.
So my particular case they have honored their warranty service rep.

I see that store is from Brazil, my question would be, is that an official EVGA's reseller?
In Argentina, we have Well Shell Lin (https://www.facebook.com/wlin.evga) which is LATAM Regional's Manager of EVGA. He's a great guy you can talk with about.
Try talking to him to see what can be done if you didn't receive an equal replacement.

XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: [Problem] RMA says I'm receiving less powered card 2019/07/29 20:45:03 (permalink)
sentinelvdx

(I've tried paying extra to get a 2080ti instead, but they are not allowed to do that on RMA process, at least that's what they said to me)

This is correct. It's not allowed.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile