Phily
  • Total Posts : 69
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2018/09/08 20:14:48 (permalink)

Welcome to Curlyp’s Build

Anchors Aweigh

Background & Thanks

First off, I want to give a HUGE thanks to snef for taking time out of his days to help me perfect my design. Without his level of skill, I don't think the case would look as good as it does -- so thank you very much!

Secondly, I want to give a special thanks to the Parvum team, imersa, Mads1, and especially Sean, for working with me on this very long project!  I sent my first project email to the Parvum team on March 31, 2016 with what I thought was a great "Razer" theme.  Over time, I kept changing my theme and couldn’t decide on how big I wanted the case.  I wasn't 100% set on committing to something (product theme, sports theme, superhero them, and so on), just to grow away from it in a year or two (i.e., “The Red Dragon” theme).  Then, one day it hit me (like a ball flying out of the sky...j/k), why not design a case theme around something that has been a major impact and life changer to me? Wait for it…wait for it…that is when, Anchors Aweigh was created!

Theme: Anchors Aweigh

The name, "Anchors Aweigh", is based on the United States Navy's fight song.  I proudly served in the nation’s greatest military, the United States Navy, which is a large part of my life, my career, and who I am today.  As someone who is patriotic and supports the men and women of our Military who put their lives on the line for us, I want to not only show my pride and support, but create a custom themed gaming PC based on it!

FYI: You will see helicopters (helos) throughout the build, the reason for this is, I was in the aviation part of the Navy.

Case: Custom Parvum S2.5

In the past, I have always gravitated towards building pc’s with big, elaborate cases, water-cooling, ton of fans, etc.  Over the years, I have slimmed down my elaborate cases as I am drawn toward the semi-smaller builds and I removed all water-cooling.

When EVGA announced the new X299 motherboards with a mATX version, I was immediately hooked!  I am going build my U.S. Navy themed gaming PC around the size of x299 mATX motherboard (9.6 inch square), but just big enough to still allow for other components I want to add---and add water-cooling back! Haha ????

At the time, the x299 boards were still in development, and the final dimensions where unknown at the time.  I reached out to the EVGA product team manager, explained my build and why I needed the size, and he graciously provided me with the final dimensions of the mATX board.  I provided the dimensions to Parvum, and the races were on!

The case consists of the Navy’s official colors: White, Blue, and Gold.  In the front, I have a custom clear reservoir with the Navy anchor etched into it. When filled with blue coolant, this will provide the “submerged” in water effect for the anchor!

Hardware:
I originally had the first version of the Micro ATX, but just switched it out for the RGB to match the rest of the build. Big thanks to @EVGA_Jacob!

Below are the hardware components I am using:

Cooling:
Below are the cooling components I am using:

Modding:
To Be Determined

Miscellaneous:
To Be Determined

Update Log:

My Build is complete!  I will be uploading all the information to the build log over the next week.
FYI – this is going to be a slow build. I am still undecided of all the parts I will be using for the build. Also, I plan on doing custom coloring of certain parts, this will take more time as well. I will make updates and post pictures as I make progress.

Anchors Aweigh Case Renders from Parvum

post edited by Phily - 2019/10/26 18:42:40

10 Replies Related Threads

Phily
    Re: [Build Log] --> Anchors Aweigh | x299 mATX | Custom Parvum Case | by CurlyP <-- 2018/09/08 20:17:50 (permalink)
    The build is finally complete!  I know I did this build log backwards, but between the time I had to work on it, family, work, etc, I didn't have time to make a post.  I started the build in June/July 2019 and completed September 3, 2019.

I will be posting all the pictures of the build over the next week.  Here is a sneak peak of the completed build.  Please check back for more updates.

post edited by Phily - 2019/10/26 19:03:42
    Phily
    Re: [Build Log] --> Anchors Aweigh | x299 mATX | Custom Parvum Case | by CurlyP <-- 2018/09/08 20:21:22 (permalink)
    Reserved for build.

Phily
    Re: [Build Log] --> Anchors Aweigh | x299 mATX | Custom Parvum Case | by CurlyP <-- 2018/09/08 20:23:48 (permalink)
    Reserved for build.

Phily
    Re: [Build Log] --> Anchors Aweigh | x299 mATX | Custom Parvum Case | by CurlyP <-- 2018/09/08 20:26:23 (permalink)
    Reserved for build.

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102323
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: [Build Log] --> Anchors Aweigh | x299 mATX | Custom Parvum Case | by CurlyP <-- 2018/09/09 04:21:31 (permalink)
    This is going to be awesome

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

EVGATech_GabrielT
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1104
    Re: [Build Log] --> Anchors Aweigh | x299 mATX | Custom Parvum Case | by CurlyP <-- 2018/09/13 00:31:29 (permalink)
    This looks to be interesting, cant wait to see the progress on this one. Keep us posted. 
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: [Build Log] --> Anchors Aweigh | x299 mATX | Custom Parvum Case | by CurlyP <-- 2018/09/14 20:05:28 (permalink)

Waiting for final product.      =)

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Phily
    Re: [Build Log] --> Anchors Aweigh | x299 mATX | Custom Parvum Case | by CurlyP <-- 2019/10/26 19:05:50 (permalink)
    Build log updated!
    Delirious
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 17474
    • Ribbons : 61
    Re: [Build Log] --> Anchors Aweigh | x299 mATX | Custom Parvum Case | by CurlyP <-- 2019/10/26 20:02:25 (permalink)
    very nice.   I like the cool blue

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
    Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
    Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
    education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
    A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
    Phily
    Re: [Build Log] --> Anchors Aweigh | x299 mATX | Custom Parvum Case | by CurlyP <-- 2019/10/26 21:36:59 (permalink)
    Delirious
    very nice.   I like the cool blue

Thank you!

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile