procedure from India for post RMA aproval

Author
evgareddy
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/04/07 03:22:28 (permalink)
Hi
Recently my EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0 is dead and the RMA is approved. Now I need to ship my dead product to Taiwan.
The shipping methods mentioned in the approval mail are TNT, FEDEX and EMS (speed post). TNT would not take shipments for individual customers and FEDEX with product value more than INR 25,000.
I could not contact Speed Post yet, but I contacted DHL.
DHL says that they would allow products with more than INR 25000 also with some extra documents. They also say that if the product is replaced, say with different serial number, I will have to pay custom charges.
Mostly I would end up using Speed Post but not sure about customs for the replaced product. In worst case I have to pay the custom charges but I am not clear about how to pay during shipment from EVGA side.
There is a chance that the custom department would withhold the product if the documentation is not fulfilled properly, and it will be too much head ache to get that product in hands or may not be possible at all.

I am wondering if any one from India used RMA process before.  I Will be grateful if they share their experience mainly related shipping and customs.

Thank you

6 Replies Related Threads

W4R_IS_H3LL
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: procedure from India for post RMA aproval 2018/05/07 04:39:44 (permalink)
    Hi did you face any difficulties with customs when receiving the replacement ?
    since i have a similar issue and need to send my graphics card to taiwan for RMA.
    Thanks
    _JeffP
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 652
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: procedure from India for post RMA aproval 2018/05/07 21:33:29 (permalink)
    Hello and welcome for the forums both of you,

The shipping company should be able to guide you through all the customs paperwork, this will best your best resource for this as every country is different. We do indicate that a replacement is being provided for a warranty when we ship back to you however if there is a fee we are unable to do anything regarding that. 

Unfortunately I can't provide better answers than the above, we have no control over the customs process and there are no magic words to put on an item to make sure it will get through customs or not. Generally an item would be returned to you if customs is unable to accept the item. 

Everything is security. 
    W4R_IS_H3LL
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: procedure from India for post RMA aproval 2018/05/09 01:03:14 (permalink)
    I have shipped my defective card to EVGA TW but it is disheartening to know that brand new replacements are not given even for top end cards (GTX 1080 TI) which have passed the 30 day mark. Not satisfactory at all. I will be following the RMA process and hope it gets completed quickly enough.
    d4rkven0m
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: procedure from India for post RMA aproval 2018/06/21 10:08:25 (permalink)
    I am in the same boat as you.Did you get your replacement?How much did the shipping cost?any charges from customs?
    vinayv
    • Total Posts : 20
    Re: procedure from India for post RMA aproval 2018/06/26 06:11:20 (permalink)
    evgareddy
    Hi
    Recently my EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0 is dead and the RMA is approved. Now I need to ship my dead product to Taiwan.
    The shipping methods mentioned in the approval mail are TNT, FEDEX and EMS (speed post). TNT would not take shipments for individual customers and FEDEX with product value more than INR 25,000.
    I could not contact Speed Post yet, but I contacted DHL.
    DHL says that they would allow products with more than INR 25000 also with some extra documents. They also say that if the product is replaced, say with different serial number, I will have to pay custom charges.
    Mostly I would end up using Speed Post but not sure about customs for the replaced product. In worst case I have to pay the custom charges but I am not clear about how to pay during shipment from EVGA side.
    There is a chance that the custom department would withhold the product if the documentation is not fulfilled properly, and it will be too much head ache to get that product in hands or may not be possible at all.

I am wondering if any one from India used RMA process before.  I Will be grateful if they share their experience mainly related shipping and customs.

Thank you

I recently sent my 1070 acx from banglore to Taiwan, paid around 8500/- for shipping. DHL downgrades the value so to avoid customs, as my card went through honk kong and taiwan customs without any hassle. Dont use speed post as they dont have any contacts in case your card get stuck, go for DHL.
    ages_captain
    • Total Posts : 13
    Re: procedure from India for post RMA aproval 2020/05/23 16:46:28 (permalink)
    Can you guys update me did you have to pay custom for RMA? Thanks that would very much appreciate guys. I think I have to ship my RTX 2080ti soon. I am from India new Delhi. 
    Is shipping is hard?
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile