EVGA

DG-86 LED screen no longer showing temperature.

Author
Inshokuten
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/05/24 09:33:32 (permalink)
As the title suggests the LED screen, which has shown the temperature inside the case since I built my system a week ago, no longer shows the temperature. It's blank.

Problem started when I ran ASUS AI Suites Fan Xpert 4's auto tuning program for fan control. Instead of letting me set custom curves etc it completely stopped my fans from spinning altogether. While trying to fix the issue somewhere along the line the LED screen stopped working.

Manual says I can press and hold the Mode button to reset values, but this must be a button exclusive to the DG-87 as I only have the power button, the reset button and the Kboost button.

Any idea's on how to get it back?

4 Replies Related Threads

Inshokuten
    Re: DG-86 LED screen no longer showing temperature. 2018/05/24 11:51:57 (permalink)
    Update:

Another couple hours trying to fix the fan and I've tested each fan using an actual motherboard connector and they are all in working order. If the fans are instead plugged into the built in cabling/fan hub they cease to function. The power button and the USB connections are working fine, both on top and the side. K boost button doesn't seem to do anything as it does not change the power settings, nor does the reset button. 

I've double and triple checked all the connections and they are all in properly and are plugged into the power supply. I've changed power supply cords and plugged each relevant one into a different connection in the power supply itself. Nothing has helped.

Any ideas? Could the fan controller be stuffed? Seems unlikely after less than a fortnight.
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10103
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: DG-86 LED screen no longer showing temperature. 2018/05/24 12:21:52 (permalink)
    Have you installed the EVGA software after registering the case?

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Inshokuten
    Re: DG-86 LED screen no longer showing temperature. 2018/05/24 14:38:42 (permalink)
    Yes I have, but I am getting an error message saying "Can't Find USB HID Device" currently. When I first installed I was getting that error message, then it worked for awhile and now back to the error message.
    Inshokuten
    Re: DG-86 LED screen no longer showing temperature. 2018/05/25 09:42:04 (permalink)
    So my power button isn't actually working, the LED on the bottom power button was flashing so I assumed it was working but neither the top or side power buttons are turning the machine on or off. 

So the fans aren't working, the power buttons aren't working and the DG Tuner software is still telling me it "Can't Find USB HID Device!!". The Fans and the power buttons were all working for the past week and a bit just fine. The software initially had the USB device error, but the next day it updated firmware and started working randomly. The next day it was back to USB device error with no change from me.

Is there a way to manually update the firmware for the DG Tuner software so it works? Or a way to test if the built in fan controller just killed itself? Getting fairly frustrating as everything in the system was working fine and everything is new.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile