EVGA

RMA 980Ti SC replacement- any field for discussion?

Author
Twrzkb
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/11/16 10:13:22 (permalink)
This is my first post on this forum, so i would like to say hello to everyone. Sorry in advance for my bad english.

I have been using EVGA graphic cards for many years- since EVGA GTX 780 SC.
Since the premiere of series 9xxx, I had a great EVGA 980Ti SC with original EVGA backplate and fullcover water block. This card was perfect- performance better than GTX 1070, cool temps and great look. Unfortunately, I had to RMA this card. Everything was really quick and EVGA decided to replace my card for GTX 1080 Founders Edition.

"Wow, nice!", I thought, but then I realized that in this situation I will have to buy a new fullcover water block and backplate, which will fit the GTX 1080FE. I did a quick research and it turned out that, for example, EKWB block fits all 10xx series cards with reference design. Including 1080Ti...
So I started to think about an upgrade. I have sent to EVGA Customer Service a following question:

"Is it possible to change the 08G-P4-6180-KR (GTX 1080 FE) model to 11G-P4-6390-KR (GTX 1080Ti FE). I can pay the extra cost of course. It will be a real step further, from Ti to Ti and the card will last for longer period of time. In the future it will also be an opportunity to buy the second EVGA card and come back to SLI, like 2x EVGA GTX 780 I had few years ago."

After sending this e-mail I received the automated reply with information, that EVGA had send the 1080FE card. Do you guys think this kind of replacement is possible?

I look forward to hearing your opinion.

2 Replies Related Threads

EVGATech_AdamB
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1930
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: RMA 980Ti SC replacement- any field for discussion? 2017/11/16 10:18:31 (permalink)
    I'm sorry but we do not have an option to pay for an upgrade through warranty service. When your GTX 980Ti was replaced with a GTX 1080, that was because we did not have any stock of your original card available. As per our warranty terms, in those types of cases we will replace your product with one of equal or greater performance. Unfortunately, there is no option available to pay for a different graphics card. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
    Twrzkb
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: RMA 980Ti SC replacement- any field for discussion? 2017/11/16 10:38:50 (permalink)
    @AdamB,

Thank you for quick answer. I supposed it would be hard, but at least i tried:) Now I have to buy a fullcover block and backplate and make a good relationship with my new 1080FE.

I have one more question. In the Warranty Information field i see this:

"Product follows warranty of original product. Contact EVGA Customer Service for details." 

In my country (Poland, UE) the warranty law tells that if the product is replaced by new one, the warranty period starts with the same length as original one.

"If the guarantor has provided a warranty for the defective item or has made a substantial repair of the item covered by the guarantee, the warranty period shall run again from the time the item is delivered free of defects or the item is repaired. If the guarantor listed a part of the item, the above provision shall apply to the said part."

I would be very grateful if you could explain me this.

post edited by Twrzkb - 2017/11/16 10:42:56
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile