Microsoft Premieres Xbox One X

Author
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 115
2017/06/11 22:16:36 (permalink)

"Xbox One X was designed to be the best console to create and play games on, putting the greatest graphic fidelity in the hands of the world's best game creators to create true 4K games. Head of Xbox Phil Spencer underscored that every game will play great across the Xbox One family, and Xbox One X also makes your existing library even better, with better textures, smoother frame rates and faster load times." Coming to all Xbox One markets starting Nov. 7, Xbox One X will retail for $499, 449 pounds, 499 euros, CA$599 and AU$649.     Link

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp

26 Replies Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10103
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Microsoft Premieres Xbox One X 2017/06/11 23:00:57 (permalink)
    Really liked this as the move to 4K for consoles is going to be great for PC gamers as every gamer will be talking about 4K come this holiday season. The only thing is I didn't see enough reason yet I would upgrade my console. The games looked better in the videos than the Xbox One could do but I don't feel it's worth $500 to upgrade yet.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: Microsoft Premieres Xbox One X 2017/06/12 07:58:28 (permalink)
       Xbox X  , how original  

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    FattysGoneWild
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2660
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Microsoft Premieres Xbox One X 2017/06/12 19:55:56 (permalink)
    Wii/Wii U MS just pulled Nintendo from last gen. Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X. Makes sense. 

HP Omen 880-160se custom ordered
    MOBO: HP Tampa2
    CPU: Intel i7 8700k @4.8GHz
    RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400
    GPU: PNY XLR8 RTX 3080
    PSU: Delta 750w 80 Plus Platinum 
    NVMe M.2 SSD: Samsung 512GB MZVLW512HMJP
    SSD: 250GB Samsung 860 EVO
    HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001
    Sound: Logitech Z623 THX 2.1 Speakers
    Monitor: Dell S2716DG 2560x1440 @144Hz G-Sync calibrated with ColorMunki Display
    Keyboard: HP Omen 1100
    Mouse: HP Omen 600

Squall_Rinoa86
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1735
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Microsoft Premieres Xbox One X 2017/06/13 13:17:37 (permalink)
    Not for nothing... this made XBOX One owners who didn't buy it year 1, pointless. Not only that... why buy an Xbox One X when you can use a PC for better performance, and play the same games? There's literally no reason to buy it when you can play anything on XBOX on the PC???

I find that they brag far to much about the xbox, making it "powerful" yet they completely neutered it with bundling it to run on Windows... and then offer no real game changers or improvements other then 4k...

Then I seen the Forza 7 video and went well that looks kinda worse...

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
    My Affiliate Code: AN1FW0VMG6
    notuptome2004
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 810
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Microsoft Premieres Xbox One X 2017/06/13 19:23:27 (permalink)
    Squall_Rinoa86
    Not for nothing... this made XBOX One owners who didn't buy it year 1, pointless. Not only that... why buy an Xbox One X when you can use a PC for better performance, and play the same games? There's literally no reason to buy it when you can play anything on XBOX on the PC???

I find that they brag far to much about the xbox, making it "powerful" yet they completely neutered it with bundling it to run on Windows... and then offer no real game changers or improvements other then 4k...

How about the Fact in order to build an 8 core PC with a 6TF GPU and 12gb of ram  9gb dedicated for devlopers  you have to spend well over  $600  consider you have  Motherboard-CPU-Ram-GPU-PSU-Case- 4K TV/Monitor optional- HDD  -and Windows   

The  Xbox one X  showed that  it  runs  games  with High end or Higher end PC setting   @ 60FPS doing Native 4K 
    Doubles
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1953
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Microsoft Premieres Xbox One X 2017/06/14 04:43:09 (permalink)
    So the X is going to support atmos. I wonder if that just for movies or if it'll be coming to games too.

PC: i7 5930K// MSI Gaming 7//4x4 HyperX Predator 3000// MSI GTX 980ti// EVGA Supernova G2 1000w// Samsung 950 PRO m.2// Thermaltake Core P5 case// Dell S2716DG
    WC Setup:  XSPC Raystorm red// Blackice Nemesis 480 red rad// Monsoon hardline blood red// XSPC photon 270 res red// Uber D5 pump red
    Squall_Rinoa86
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1735
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Microsoft Premieres Xbox One X 2017/06/15 00:23:35 (permalink)
    notuptome2004
    Squall_Rinoa86

How about the Fact in order to build an 8 core PC with a 6TF GPU and 12gb of ram  9gb dedicated for devlopers  you have to spend well over  $600  consider you have  Motherboard-CPU-Ram-GPU-PSU-Case- 4K TV/Monitor optional- HDD  -and Windows   

The  Xbox one X  showed that  it  runs  games  with High end or Higher end PC setting   @ 60FPS doing Native 4K 

Still not Impressed. Sure.. you can do all that, on a closed platform, that has a lifespan of about 4 years.

Consoles are suppose to be 10yrs, or at least that's the standard Sony set itself for the PlayStation and has done a terrific job with that aspect.

I don't even own a 4k tv, but I have a 1440P monitor with no real need to move to a 4k TV Cause the cost makes it pointless for me and the fact HDR is not done properly till recently.

the GPU in the XBOX 1X is the same as if you were using a 1060 GTX.

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
    My Affiliate Code: AN1FW0VMG6
    boylerya
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1910
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Microsoft Premieres Xbox One X 2017/06/15 11:28:04 (permalink)
    notuptome2004
    Squall_Rinoa86

Sir u r very uninformed. Destiny 2 runs at 4k 30fps. What a waste of $500.

United We Stand...Six Feet Apart.
    Beware Vitamin A Palmitate found in products such as 2%, 1% or Skim Milk: government research
    Garlic is the Antichrist.
    notuptome2004
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 810
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Microsoft Premieres Xbox One X 2017/06/15 11:46:13 (permalink)
    Squall_Rinoa86
    notuptome2004
    Squall_Rinoa86

Still not Impressed. Sure.. you can do all that, on a closed platform, that has a lifespan of about 4 years.

Consoles are suppose to be 10yrs, or at least that's the standard Sony set itself for the PlayStation and has done a terrific job with that aspect.

I don't even own a 4k tv, but I have a 1440P monitor with no real need to move to a 4k TV Cause the cost makes it pointless for me and the fact HDR is not done properly till recently.

One X is not a closed platform  t run windows  and does cross platform play - as  well as  will end up and does  now in soem forms run windows Apps   UWP  apps  it is all in the same echo system as PC .  now  sure you cant upgrade  the parts  but  it has horse power that  a  $500 PC  does not have  and $500 Ms  is taking a loss   on the system .   and the  one X does not requier a  4K TV to use it as  if you run a 1080P screen  you will benafit from that still   Higher quality everything higher framerate the works  . 

now to the poser  on the  4K 30FPS Destiny 2  well that is for all Platforms running the game not  just the xbox one X  it is a Developer choice to run it @ 30FPS
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Microsoft Premieres Xbox One X 2017/06/15 13:33:40 (permalink)
    LOL! Just saw the picture that X Box One X spells X.B.O.X. that isn't repetitive.
    FattysGoneWild
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Microsoft Premieres Xbox One X 2017/06/15 14:40:56 (permalink)
    notuptome2004
    Squall_Rinoa86
    notuptome2004
    Squall_Rinoa86

One X is not a closed platform  t run windows  and does cross platform play - as  well as  will end up and does  now in soem forms run windows Apps   UWP  apps  it is all in the same echo system as PC .  now  sure you cant upgrade  the parts  but  it has horse power that  a  $500 PC  does not have  and $500 Ms  is taking a loss   on the system .   and the  one X does not requier a  4K TV to use it as  if you run a 1080P screen  you will benafit from that still   Higher quality everything higher framerate the works  . 

now to the poser  on the  4K 30FPS Destiny 2  well that is for all Platforms running the game not  just the xbox one X  it is a Developer choice to run it @ 30FPS

Luckily PC wont have that cap and can go 60+ fps. The rumor with the 30fps cap on Xbone X. Sony has something to do with it and has a deal with Bungie/Activision.

Monitor: Dell S2716DG 2560x1440 @144Hz G-Sync calibrated with ColorMunki Display

BF3PRO
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3797
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Microsoft Premieres Xbox One X 2017/06/15 19:56:04 (permalink)
    I'm getting it for Halo 6 and some of the exclusives.

My Affiliate Code: OEESSSDNZV

boylerya
    FTW Member
    Re: Microsoft Premieres Xbox One X 2017/06/15 20:46:39 (permalink)
    notuptome2004
    Squall_Rinoa86
    notuptome2004
    Squall_Rinoa86

I think even a monkey can use google...
    https://www.google.com/am...s-on-with-destiny-2-pc

Beware Vitamin A Palmitate found in products such as 2%, 1% or Skim Milk: government research
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Microsoft Premieres Xbox One X 2017/06/15 22:11:41 (permalink)
    BF3PRO

That is kind of my thought on it. I play console games because of exclusives and sometimes because it just feels better depending on the game. I kind of view PC and console as two different things and really wouldn't want to play some games with a mouse and keyboard. A great example would be Rachet & Clank for the PS4 I enjoyed but really couldn't see it being better on a PC.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

boylerya
    FTW Member
    Re: Microsoft Premieres Xbox One X 2017/06/15 22:59:09 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    BF3PRO

That is kind of my thought on it. I play console games because of exclusives and sometimes because it just feels better depending on the game. I kind of view PC and console as two different things and really wouldn't want to play some games with a mouse and keyboard. A great example would be Rachet & Clank for the PS4 I enjoyed but really couldn't see it being better on a PC.

Gamepads work on PC, even ps4 controllers. Most games are always better on PC, including emulated ones if u can be patient enough for it.

Bassist97
    • Total Posts : 99
    Re: Microsoft Premieres Xbox One X 2017/06/23 03:58:18 (permalink)
    And it´s always frustrating to see the framerates on consoles...
    kidcrumb
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4541
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: Microsoft Premieres Xbox One X 2017/06/23 06:21:41 (permalink)
    boylerya
    Hoggle
    BF3PRO

Gamepads work on PC, even ps4 controllers. Most games are always better on PC, including emulated ones if u can be patient enough for it.

As long as the PC games fully support controllers with button prompts, then im fine with it. Sometimes I want to use a controller for a single player game.

Some games support PS4 button prompts too which is always awesome.

Intel i7 11700k l ASUS PRIME Z590-A l ASUS TUF RTX3080Ti l 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro l Evga 1000w Gold l 512GB Samsung EVO l 2x5 TB Storage Drives l  Corsair Crystal 570X White l Audio Engine A5+

O ciN
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 101
    Re: Microsoft Premieres Xbox One X 2017/07/22 18:50:53 (permalink)
    All I want from consoles is to have cross-platform multiplayer. That way, everyone is happy no matter what console their friends have, etc. A lot of turbulence could be avoided that way.

That being said, the X Box One X seems pretty legit. I don't think it's worth upgrading from your OG X Box One, but if you were leaning towards buying your first XBone, then it might be good to go with the X.

That price tag though.  
    FattysGoneWild
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Microsoft Premieres Xbox One X 2017/07/22 22:18:23 (permalink)
    O ciN
    All I want from consoles is to have cross-platform multiplayer. That way, everyone is happy no matter what console their friends have, etc. A lot of turbulence could be avoided that way.

That being said, the X Box One X seems pretty legit. I don't think it's worth upgrading from your OG X Box One, but if you were leaning towards buying your first XBone, then it might be good to go with the X.

That price tag though.  

Don't worry. The price will drop fast just like with Xbox One shortly after launch. They did not learn their lesson last time with the $499 price point. It will initially fly off the shelf and sell out just like Xbox One did. Thanks to the hardcore and dedicated Xbox fans. But in the long term after 2-3 months. Not happening. The masses don't like $499.  
    post edited by FattysGoneWild - 2017/07/22 22:22:03

O ciN
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Microsoft Premieres Xbox One X 2017/07/22 22:31:01 (permalink)
    I wonder how low they'll drop the price? $450, or $400 maybe? That ones a bit of a stretch but we can only hope
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Microsoft Premieres Xbox One X 2017/07/23 00:16:12 (permalink)
    FattysGoneWild
    O ciN

That price tag though.  

Don't worry. The price will drop fast just like with Xbox One shortly after launch. They did not learn their lesson last time with the $499 price point. It will initially fly off the shelf and sell out just like Xbox One did. Thanks to the hardcore and dedicated Xbox fans. But in the long term after 2-3 months. Not happening. The masses don't like $499.  

It probably will not fall that fast. My guess is it will sell out for about 5-6 months. First I see them doing a game bundle or maybe an Xbox Live Gift card included. For holiday 2018 they probably will drop the price to $399 and go after the PS4 Pro. 

O ciN
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Microsoft Premieres Xbox One X 2017/07/23 12:01:58 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    FattysGoneWild
    O ciN

That price tag though.  

It probably will not fall that fast. My guess is it will sell out for about 5-6 months. First I see them doing a game bundle or maybe an Xbox Live Gift card included. For holiday 2018 they probably will drop the price to $399 and go after the PS4 Pro. 

That seems believable, although it kinda sucks for us because that's a lot of waiting.

Either way $100 saved is still $100 saved lol, guess I'll be waiting before picking it up, if at all
    Zeyan_
    • Total Posts : 100
    Re: Microsoft Premieres Xbox One X 2017/07/23 13:11:32 (permalink)
    Yeah, the one was expensive Arby's launch.. you just have to wait a while and you will be good
    FattysGoneWild
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Microsoft Premieres Xbox One X 2017/07/23 13:52:18 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    FattysGoneWild
    O ciN

That price tag though.  

I actually expect Sony to drop the price of the Pro this year for the holidays because of the new Xbox. I see a $349 price point for the Pro to sway people over. Sony I imagine if they really wanted to could be even more aggressive for the holiday with the Pro. If they dropped it to $299 for the holidays. Xbox is DOA. MS better hope they don't do that. 
    post edited by FattysGoneWild - 2017/07/23 13:55:43

O ciN
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Microsoft Premieres Xbox One X 2017/07/23 15:04:21 (permalink)
    I'd actually pick up a pro almost instantly with either of those pricetags
    SystemsOgreLoad
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 103
    Re: Microsoft Premieres Xbox One X 2017/07/25 18:32:56 (permalink)
    Honestly, the hardware is pretty solid considering the price tag, especially considering the huge shortage of gpu's right now. For $500 it's good(though I couldn't leave pc)
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile