EVGA

Overview of current z270 Classified firmware issues:

Author
Fewmets
  • Total Posts : 37
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2017/04/12 07:29:06 (permalink)
I want to get a list together of all major issues with the z270 classified firmware issues that are currently outstanding. Here's the ones that I'm aware of, if you have any others please feel free to list them too, I'm sure I'm missing some. All of the issues in my list exist under firmware 1.02, the latest at the time of writing.

Hopefully this will give EVGA a quick reference to fixable things people are having issues with on this incredibly premium priced board.

• Marvell controller hotplugging cannot be disabled.
• Cannot set manual boot entries, doesn't respect manual boot entries added by other UEFI tools (like via an EFI shell, or efibootmgr on Linux), and only looks for the windows bootloader, only loading the default bootloader if the windows one is not available on any given drive.
• Will not Boot without an attached monitor. (no headless)

3 Replies Related Threads

quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7191
    • Ribbons : 56
    Re: Overview of current z270 Classified firmware issues: 2017/05/10 02:54:49 (permalink)
    i would like to see a way to boot from another drive with out going into the bios and making changes, such as hit the ESC key to bring up a one time boot, which may not be possible with UFEI bios.
    would also like to see listed on the screen what is going on during boot, the z270 screen is nice and all but if you dis able that you just get the little bit of text at the top and thats it

the marvell thing may not be able to be changed since it has a separate bios for the chip, as just about every third party chip like that does and while you can see the info for a brief time i dont see the usual ctrl~m text to enter into the chip bios. 

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498
    icylogik
    • Total Posts : 22
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Overview of current z270 Classified firmware issues: 2017/05/11 18:50:44 (permalink)
    Agreed on more feedback on the POST sequence, there is basically no information.

PS You can get a boot menu by mashing F7 during POST, at least that is what works on my Z270 Classified.
    quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7191
    • Ribbons : 56
    Re: Overview of current z270 Classified firmware issues: 2017/05/12 04:35:42 (permalink)
    icylogik
    Agreed on more feedback on the POST sequence, there is basically no information.

PS You can get a boot menu by mashing F7 during POST, at least that is what works on my Z270 Classified.

i will try that, couldnt find any reference to that anywhere. i wish they would put it at the bottom like they used to, half the time i dont know if i hit the delete key in time or not, and that bios takes forever on the splash screen before it does anything.

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile