EVGA

Error codes on 780i FTW

Author
lilkiduno
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2009/11/09 11:52:25 (permalink)
OK well over the weekend i took my computer apart to clean all the componets with compressed air much like I do every month. So i have EVERYTHING nice and clean but now with everything hooked back up i get NO video post. The error codes I get off the display are 26 with a long beep and 7F. I have Done everything I can think of. I have triple check all my connections, I have reset the CMOS using the CMOS reset button (with the AC PSU turned off, and without my video cars and a single DIMM of RAM) I do not know what else to do. This computer is my relaxing agent (gaming).

The Specs on my PC are:
Intel Q6600
eVGA 780i FTW
4 GB (2x 2GB) Corsair Dominator Series 1066MHz RAM  
eVGA 9800GTX+ {dual SLi}
Western Digital Clavair Blue 640GB HDD
SAMSUNG WriteMaster DVD+/-R Burner
Corsair TX750W PSU
Antec 900 Gaming Case

Thank you in advance,
lilkiduno

4 Replies Related Threads

onikyatto
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 172
    Re:Error codes on 780i FTW 2009/11/09 12:57:58 (permalink)
    post codes should be listed in the manual. i dont have a manual for the 780i so I donno those code. From my own experience when cleaning a dirty working comp if it doesnt work on re assembly you might have wiped or blown dust somewhere it shouldnt have gone. remove everything and clean out your pci sata and ram slots with compressed air (not from a home compressor unless it eliminates moisture)

If you post more info about the post codes you might get more help because some ppl like me dont know them all off hand and are too lazy to look them up... even though i remember getting 7F code before :)

jay789
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 113
    Re:Error codes on 780i FTW 2009/11/09 13:29:02 (permalink)
    http://www.evga.com/suppo.../files/132-YW-E178.pdf

26 Clock Gen Init onboard clock generator and sensor
    7F POST error check Check POST error and display them and ask for user intervention

I try what onikyatto said, make sure you didn't blow dust where dust shouldn't be.  Also try unplugging your system, taking the coin battery out for 10 minuites and hitting the power button to get rid of any charge remaining in the transistors.  I believe 7F the bios should be displaying an error on your monitor and waiting for your input.  (CMOS checksum error since you reset your cmos asking you to set date and time again)  If all else fails, give tech support a call.
    lilkiduno
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Error codes on 780i FTW 2009/11/12 21:50:47 (permalink)
    ok, I have gotten the MoBo to boot up but now it will not boot into windows, not even in safe mode, I pulled the HDD and swaped it to and nearly exact build ,780i non FTW MoBo and two 8800GTS (G92). I booted up and ran GREAT. So i was wondering if i should do a complete fresh install of my OS. What would you preferr, because all the info and everything stored on the HDD
    BigTall10
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re:Error codes on 780i FTW 2009/11/15 21:48:31 (permalink)
    Sorry to hear you are having issues with your 780 mobo. but trust me you'd better off just get a new mobo and save you all the trouble. I have had a 780i mobo for about a year untill two weeks ago when i decided to go SLI and remodify my whole pc with crazy water cooling!!!!!!
    But right after windows intallation, the pc froze and from that time onwards, my mobo was dead. Just like that. Did tones of research just to find out that this mobo has proven itself quite  problematic and there was nothing i pretty much could do about it.
    My rig in now re-situated on the 780s little sister,, the 750i and my pc runs flawlessly.
    The 780 is hanging on the wall by the way......that board looks freaking Awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good Luck bud.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile