E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
TECH_DaveB
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 4893
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 46
Re:E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy 2014/06/22 09:11:46 (permalink)
SirJamesDTech
How would you rank it next to something like Deus Ex?
I've not played E.Y.E. but it's in my Steam library already.

Deus Ex, another great title, and while they are both dystopian Cyberpunk games, they are not really THAT similar, some call it the spiritual successor to Deus Ex, I can see that but I do not 100% agree.
This is a story drive shooter, not so much a covert/tactical game like Deus Ex.  There are some nice RPG elements, and there is the upgrade system like Deus Ex, but this feels more like a cyberpunk Mystery with lots of character building all wrapped in a FPS games that is paced like old FPS's, a lot of the combat is broken down into 3 categories, 1-5 unit that are heavily armored/armed trying to use tactics to flush you out and kill you, running for your life from armored aircraft unless you are carrying something big enough to take them down, which im normally not, or walls of sprinting enemies of various shapes and sizes that set a combat pace reminiscent of the 90's Twitch FPS's like Doom, Quake, ROTT, UT99 (Turbo Mode).  The action is challenging, the universe is immersive, the history lays an EXCELLENT foundation, Hacking minigame is quite fun, and the story arc is awesome.  If you are **not** one who can spot small nuances, tiny plot twists, subplots and stuff that generally takes reading between the lines then this game will be a fun CHAOTIC shooter that you may burn out on.  But if you want a good story, with more twists and turns than BioShock Infinite (albeit not nearly as pretty) and a deeply seeded history with TONS of ingame stuff to read to deepen your immersion like an Elder Scrolls title and enjoy a break neck pace in combat, then I think you can really enjoy this game.  I know I do.

I am not going to say this game is perfect, there are some definite oddities, but it is a Indie game and does not have the staff backing it that some of the AAA titles do, so there have been some bugs.  It is also a Source game, so you will not see Skyrim/Bioshock Infinite quality graphics (unfortunately) but they are more than good enough to keep you there and interested.  This is NOT the game to play for 30 minutes, this is one you NEED to have some time for don't bother unless you have 2-3 hours minimum, as missions are long, and the game really drags you in.

I'm gonna fire it up again really soon, game is beyond crazy fun.

Remember, we at the Secreta Secretorum need valiant men and women like yourself's to fight against the Federation, Jian Shang Di, the Metastreumonic Force, and any other force facing humanity and threatening our sovereignty, we need Tech Priests like YOU! 
Enlist today, online at Steam!
TECH_DaveB
EVGA Alumni
Re:E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy 2014/06/24 20:19:44 (permalink)
Eddie, while I appreciate you necrothreading this one again, have you shown up for your service time to the Secreta Secretorum?  I am active once again, and binging on what one reviewer said (who I thought was pretty objective about its Pros and Cons) "EYE was like you took the original Eidos team that did Deus Ex, got them locked in a room to storyboard, binging them on redbull and acid to get the story "straight"."

SirJamesTech, you enjoy the game so far? If the game seems trippy and a little disjointed early on, it's supposed to HAHA

Eddie, you playing again?  Where are you at in game now?  You read what I sent you?  You NEED to get some more time in, remember the amnesia doesn't heal itself, and unless you spend some time you will NEVER resolve your mobius loop, while being a Tech-Priest for this group is much like military service, one weekend a month and 2 weeks a year wont solve your mysteries for you, at least not fast enough  :D
SirJamesDTech
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4253
Re:E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy 2014/06/24 21:22:20 (permalink)
Well I'll tell you the first thing I noticed even before getting into the game was that it's got the Source engine...from the Options menu. So that was a pleasant surprise, as I hadn't done much looking into who developed the title.
Trippy is an understatement 

Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | i7-4790K Devil's Canyon @ 4.4GHz | Corsair H105 | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, Samsung 840 EVO 1TB, SanDisk Ultra II 480 GB SSD | 16GB Dominator GT DDR3 2000 @ 2400 | EVGA 850W G2 Full Modular | Acer Predator 27" IPS 1440p 144Hz G-Sync | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Audio-Technica ATH-M50X Headphones | Razer Blackwidow Chroma RGB Mechanical Keyboard | Corsair 760T Full Tower
TECH_DaveB
EVGA Alumni
Re:E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy 2014/06/25 06:38:21 (permalink)
Yeah, they really made the most out of the Source engine, the start of the game makes most people O.o "ah, this strange dream again" I know that alone left me with a whaaaaaaaaat thought.  BTW, the cave you start in is a metaphor of sorts, and you will be back.  Just wait until the next time you start the game, or when you die, you will get some deja vu, again. 
And to be forewarned, it is trippy now, and they game will just get weirder as it goes.

Now, what class did you pick?  I personally run a hacker.  Think of it like an elder Scrolls game though, just because you picked Long Blade and Restoration as primaries, doesn't mean you can't level Heavy armor, blunt weapons and Destruction just as well, I simply wanted a head start

Little advice, regardless of what other weapons you like, and style you normally play, I recommend keeping the smaller Sniper Rifle with you at all times, scope is handy, low recoil, still instant lights out for a head shot, the 50 cal is fun, it reduces whatever you hit to hamburger, but it has recoil like you got rear-ended by a truck, and a tiny mag.  Also, I keep a Damaclese with me, excellent melee weapon, think a Claymore that hits with a electrical charge as well, so aside from slicing people in half, they also explode.  Those 2 I keep on me, I also opt for heavy armor.

Sometime, wander around the base, go to the archives and read, lots of history, and also don't get drawn into a fight, Huan will try and pick one with you.

If you have troubles hacking, watch Eddies videos, they can be a big help.
xvig0rx
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy 2014/07/14 16:17:50 (permalink)
Just purchased E.Y.E for $1.00 on steam, they have a 90% sale going on right now ''From Paris, With Games'' .  Time to see what all the hype is about! :)
EddieH
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 2016
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy 2014/07/14 17:20:51 (permalink)
xvig0rx
Just purchased E.Y.E for $1.00 on steam, they have a 90% sale going on right now ''From Paris, With Games'' .  Time to see what all the hype is about! :)

Awesome! Welcome to the end of your free time....   err I mean the **Order of the Divine Cybermancy and the Secreta Secretorum**  But seriously, its a good buy for a $1.00! and you will enjoy it.  Will throw you for a loop but it all makes sense.  Any questions during gaming, feel free to ask us.
post edited by EVGATech_EddieH - 2014/07/14 18:22:33
TECH_DaveB
EVGA Alumni
Re:E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy 2014/07/15 06:45:56 (permalink)
Yup, very true.  I have gotten more time and fun from this than I have some 60$ games.  Be prepared to be a biiiiiit lost in the beginning.  It's normal, id like to say it will pass, but from some of my other friends that play, it may not lol.

Be prepared for some REAL story in the game, there is a lot of depth and many things NOT face value. 

Also, if you are NOT one for spoilers, once you get knocked out by a ATM or a mind controlled by a computer, please go watch Eddie's hacking videos, they will be a BIG help to you.

Me and Eddie are always in here to help, to the best of my knowledge, I am the ranking officer here at the EVGA Chapter of the Secreta Secratorum.
EVGATech_JaesonW
EVGA Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 910
  • Ribbons : 5
Re:E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy 2014/07/15 07:13:53 (permalink)
For a buck I'm going to have to take the red pill and see how far this rabbit hole goes.

EVGA Customer Service Manager
Have a moment? Please rate our service 
TECH_DaveB
EVGA Alumni
Re:E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy 2014/07/15 07:24:01 (permalink)
So Jaeson, I offer you a choice.......

You take the blue pill, you wake up at your Steam sale page and remember, whatever you want.
Or, you take the red pill and I will show you how far the dystopian cyberpunk acid trip goes.
post edited by EVGATech_DaveB - 2014/07/21 09:25:29
xvig0rx
  • Total Posts : 7
Re:E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy 2014/07/15 17:11:27 (permalink)
After playing the first hour or so, I have concluded that I have absolutely no idea where to go or what I am doing. Which is a good thing in my book, I love the fact that this game requires you to be committed and willing to explore 100%. From all the diaries and dialogs I have read thus far, I am still trying to wrap my brain around the main characters position in the realm. I shall return when I make more progress in this vivid nightmare.
post edited by xvig0rx - 2014/07/16 00:40:19
TECH_DaveB
EVGA Alumni
Re:E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy 2014/07/20 09:35:13 (permalink)
Yeah the depth and lore are a big thing in this, and haha, brilliant choice of words referring to the main characters nightmare.

Waiting to hear more from EVGATech Jaeson/Eddie/Billy well, Eddie has been around a while, but, Jaeson and Billy are new, be good to have their thoughts in here as well.
TECH_DaveB
EVGA Alumni
Re:E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy 2014/08/13 22:25:26 (permalink)
OK, sooooo the game just got another level weirder.

So, I am on a mission which sounds a bit odd to begin with.... doing too much "science" way under ground and "hit a magma vein" that killed the scientists, but when im there it is somewhere between the PDA's on Doom3 talking about what they unearthed down there, and the marine chatter at the end of the alien campaign in the original AvP..... all the talk of crazy heavily armed crap, and xenomorphs, so yeah this got odd.

Now, you are on a mission with Dutch, one of the friends who helped you out when you started.  And 2 others whose names escape me.   Guy 1 is telling me he wanted to give his condolences over the Mentors death....   no he is alive....   No he's not, I was there with both of you when he died, you fought off the horde with your Damocles but he died and I was wounded, it was a little before you disappeared...  (he talks about me dismembering bodies and keeping parts smearing myself with blood etc  ) I swear the Mentor is alive..... he apologizes for upsetting me and says ohh ummmm my mistake then.     Then Guy2 tells me I don't look well, and he thinks im losing it.    I say im fine     Yeah if fine is holding monologues with and to yourself in an empty office, im not the only person who has seen this, you are ******losing your mind!

Also, I found 3 of those women who are usually VERY heavily armed, well, they all had stories to tell me.  All are metaphor and all are basically the same story, or parts of it.  Beings with superior scionic powers, spirit wolfs (major metaphor there) as well as a hint that you...errr the person of interest/one who CANNOT be named is actually dead, or caught in the moment between life and death and everything is in the mind.

Mission was VERY hard too.

So..... the guy I talked to is dead, im still talking to myself, people who are normally trying to kill me are giving me not so subtle hints about a dead guy, who might be me but might be a metaphor, this all may be in my head, (my sanity check failed HARD during the mission too.... that was.... INTERESTING), I broke down mid fire fight into full scale halucinations, and BTW, Riminah wants me to NUKE someplace to hide some bad mojo that got out of control as the military may find that he was the one funding it all.... where do you think we got our coolguy cyborg parts and uber armor......

Sooooo.... yeah, that just happened. 

God I love this game.......
TECH_DaveB
EVGA Alumni
Re:E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy 2014/09/10 22:41:54 (permalink)
Aaaaand I'm back with more O.o moments.

OK, so at this point I have come to the conclusion that I cannot keep Dutch alive in the mission, maybe its my spec, don't know, I am a Hacker, I can fight pretty well (relying on my FPS background there).  Apparently we are being jammed, he cannot communicate with out reinforcement ship (he never thinks to use the short range radio to contact the other guys outside the Monolith) so we have to fight it out.  He does tell me this is when I don't put my faith in our sacred teachings but in my bullets.....   In this firefight he eventually gets swarmed and taken down.  I get a message to get back to the ship and basically do the failsafe plan, which for Riminah means blow the place up, maybe one day people will realize when he has questionable dealing with someone and Federals get too close, there is suddenly a bomb or sometimes a nuke conveniently removing him form the pool of evidence.  So I get my bomb, reload, and AGAIN one of my guys outside is commenting on me talking to myself, apparently I was tlaking to myself in the mobole armory.  I ran when I saw Dutch hit the ground and I got a crit that pretty much made my cyborg parts reboot, so I couldnt fight back.  I go through and find the elevator down to sub level -2  down there I find one of the original team that allegidly lost down there.  Guy is scared half to death, and frankly has lost his marbles.  Going on and on about how I am to blame for my fate, and mankind is dooming themselves, and more oddball things said indicating that I might not even be here.  I asked him to keep it down, and the tirade went on, I asked him to fight with me, he refused, so fine, be quiet stayt in your corner and defend yourself.  I move forward, there is a humanoidISH thing in there, some kind of roided looking human thing about 12-13 feet tall and a bunch of Federals (maybe Jian by the gear, but I thin Federals) HOW are there here and WHY?  Also if they are playing nice with the big bad down here, why are they asking for military support?  They all open fire on me.  I complete the mission, plant the bomb and prep to elave.  Now that big elevator has not moved, and the survivor is nowhere to be found.  He is GONE, and there was no where to go.  So was he there or in my head, was I talking to myself again, was he a manifestation of a conscience like the 3 women on the last mission indicated in all their metaphor?  Mission abruptly ends.
Now I start out on some barren planet, not sure how I got there and who is there to give me my briefing?

DUTCH!?!?!?!
Who greets me with   "HAHA bet you didn't expect to see me here, did you?"

So I think I have proof ive been talking to myself, and a friend I saw die, and get EATEN before I bolted is standing there waiting for me.... I just realized after I got patched up and went back in his body was not there.... all the others were.....

Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill.

138 hours in this game and counting.......

Eddie, Billy, Jaeson, anything to add?
post edited by EVGATech_DaveB - 2014/09/10 23:45:54
SpenserA
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 85
Re:E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy 2014/09/10 23:14:38 (permalink)
Alright that's it I need to check this game out. I'll report back on the status of my sanity once I get a taste.
TECH_DaveB
EVGA Alumni
Re:E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy 2014/09/10 23:21:10 (permalink)
Good deal Spenser!

Also, I appear to need to fix the post, it seems to have eaten about 1/2 of what I wrote......
TECH_DaveB
EVGA Alumni
Re:E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy 2014/09/10 23:46:14 (permalink)
Spenser, reread it now, I dont know why it lost a bunch of text the first time.....
TECH_DaveB
EVGA Alumni
Re:E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy 2014/09/12 17:57:49 (permalink)
Just remembered this from Wednesday's run but forgot to mention it here.  An amusing side note about where I saw Dutch again, just before I walked up and realized it was him, a couple aircraft went by on strafing runs and killed EVERYONE out there, and there was a dozen plus guys in full gear, well everyone BUT Dutch and myself. 

Kinda odd as he was standing upright in the center of it all and never ran for cover.  That strike anyone else as a little strange?
TECH_DaveB
EVGA Alumni
Re:E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy 2014/09/19 15:02:55 (permalink)
@EVGATech_EddieH Technomancer of the Secreta Secratorum
My condolences of your loss of your avatar due to melt down, but I promise the EYE is still there and still needs your help.

But, can you be completely sure it is gone, keep in mind this is a mobius loop and tons of amnesia involved, are you sure you are not just lost in a cave suffering from memory loss and starvation just waiting for your reality to start again?
EddieH
EVGA Alumni
Re:E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy 2014/11/27 00:56:14 (permalink)
Steam Sale going on for the holiday weekend,   E.Y.E. Devince Cybermancy is  only $0.99  !!!  Or $2.99 for a four pack to give you friends a copy and play some PvP!!!
TECH_DaveB
EVGA Alumni
Re:E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy 2014/12/01 16:28:06 (permalink)
Get it!  Play it!  Love it!  Share it with your friends! 
Eddie, how far have you gotten your new avatar since your last one is lost?

I have had so little free  time recently I haven't been able to commit THIS volume of time.  More that I haven't had enough time consecutively to really play it.

PVP I would imagine is interesting.  Lots of options I can imagine would be a LOT more than your normal FPS game, granted getting a game like this just for PVP is like getting a Veyron for for your daily commute, you really never will see what it has to offer like that.  But if it gets more people in, I'm happy.
EddieH
EVGA Alumni
Re:E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy 2015/03/18 23:08:02 (permalink)
At it again!!!  Steam currently has E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy for 90% off!!!  You can pick up a single copy for $0.99 or a four pack for $2.99
Definitely worth picking up and checking out if you have never played the game.  Great story, game play is awesome and a crazy amount of skills. 

Working on getting some gameplay footage for those on the fence soon!
TECH_DaveB
EVGA Alumni
Re:E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy 2015/03/19 09:25:44 (permalink)
I hope some more of you got it, I have 140+ hours in it right now and do not regret a single one, and look forward to more.

Also, I am really amped to see Eddies gameplay footage, should be really awesome, he did do a great job on the hacking tutorial videos before.

99cents for Cybermancy GET IT GET IT GET IT!!
EddieH
EVGA Alumni
Re:E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy 2015/06/20 01:06:08 (permalink)
Once again!  Steam Sale has E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy on sale for 75% off!  http://store.steampowered.com/app/91700/    If you haven't check it out, make sure you do.  Definitely worth the couple bucks!
TECH_DaveB
EVGA Alumni
Re:E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy 2015/06/23 09:14:56 (permalink)
Eddie, thanks for necrothreading this once again! 
Such a great game and somehow it just flew under the radar.  I am going to try and get some time in it again soon.
EddieH
EVGA Alumni
Re:E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy 2015/09/27 22:37:20 (permalink)
Its been too long!  That's it...going back to play it! Must finish w/o saving!  Has anyone else had a chance to play it?  Thoughts?
TECH_DaveB
EVGA Alumni
Re:E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy 2015/09/28 14:49:34 (permalink)
I have many many thoughts on this, as you well know!
You need (as do I) to get some more time in, and I really need to hear about how you are dealing with your "adventures" here, I think my poor avatar is batcrap crazy at this point.....
You ever get anymore gameplay videos and tutorials made?  How far have you gotten since the loss of your last avatar, maybe it is the same person with amnesia, or maybe it is all in his head, we are really not sure...... but since you "allegedly" lost your last avatar (still think he is thew same person as before) how far in have you made it, also, what class are you playing as?
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile