EVGA

Hot!EVGA x15 waking up computer from sleep??

Author
0Clavicle
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2023/11/16 15:10:43 (permalink)
I got an x15 because logitech discontinued their g600 mmo mice.
I love that theres an option to replace my g600 but dislike that the x15 has a circular button layout instead of a standard keypad style. Plus the number progression is weird and seems like it its different just for the sake of being different.
I bought it anyways and put my still functional g600 in storage for future use.
I don't know if its because of Unleash RGB, the x15 itself, or a combination of both but when the x15 is connected to my pc and i put it to sleep, it wakes up immediately. Using powercfg -lastwake in the command prompt says that its the usb controller that is causing the wake up. I can alleviate the problem if I disconnect the x15. 
Unleash RGB is on the latest version 1.49. I'm hoping theres a solution to this
I dont have any macros on the x15 that are constantly running as well. All of the buttons are set to play once when pressed.

6 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30582
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: EVGA x15 waking up computer from sleep?? 2023/11/23 08:56:38 (permalink)
    In Device Manager - check USB properties for the mouse

Details & other steps are found in these links below:

How to Prevent Your Computer From Waking Up Accidentally

How to Stop Your Windows PC From Randomly Waking Up From Sleep Mode

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

Reed Valenzuela
    • Total Posts : 10
    Re: EVGA x15 waking up computer from sleep?? 2023/11/25 04:49:50 (permalink)
    The problem with your x15 waking up your PC from sleep mode might be due to certain settings on your computer or issues with the USB controller.
    Tron1002
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: EVGA x15 waking up computer from sleep?? 2023/11/30 06:33:46 (permalink)
    Hey,

Uninstalling the Unleash RGB software fixed it.  I was able to keep my settings too.  
    0Clavicle
    Re: EVGA x15 waking up computer from sleep?? 2023/11/30 13:20:44 (permalink)
    Disabling the mouse's ability to wake from sleep did not fix the issue.
    I don't think theres anything wrong with my computer because this issue didn't arise until I started using the mouse

What I did find was that using low polling rates was causing the issue more prominently. Usually, I'm on 8kHz but I have to switch down to 125Hz because I'm playing Remnant 2 and the game has a weird engine where high poll rate causes the sensitivity to vary wildly. On 125-500Hz, the sensitivity in-game stays consistent but causes the wake issue. I'm testing 1kHz right now and the immediate waking issue hasn't happened yet. I just wished that Unleash RGB had automatic profile switching.

On another note, I found that 8kHz was the culprit behind the weird window snapping issue where if you wanted to move a window to another monitor it would just stick to the side and refuse to "migrate" without violently swiping my mouse across my desk. This issue was also fixed by using lower poll rates.
    0Clavicle
    Re: EVGA x15 waking up computer from sleep?? 2023/12/02 19:35:24 (permalink)
    It happened again but this time I was at 4kHz. This polling rate yields the window polling issue as well so I'm just going to set it to 125Hz and uninstall Unleash RGB.
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 8859
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: EVGA x15 waking up computer from sleep?? 2023/12/03 02:50:38 (permalink)
    If you did use the software I guess you could remap the buttons. I can kind of see why someone would want the numbers to start with the number 1 being at a different location like 12 o'clock  or 10 o'clock but I quickly got used to it and just mapped the ability I want to use to the correct button and it quickly became easy to remember.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile