EVGA

EVGA Z170 CLASSIFIED 4-WAY ( 4F DXE IPL IS STARTED)

Author
DANIELFF
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/11/11 06:32:09 (permalink)
Hi,

EVGA Z170 CLASSIFIED 4-WAY + VGA EVGA GTX 1080 K + 4X8 GB GSKILL TRIDENT Z DDR4-3200MHZ +INTEL CORE I7-6700K
+SSD SAMSUNG 950 PRO 512GB M.2 NVME.

Need help urgently.
 Pc was working perfectly until yesterday.turned it on and after 6 bips appears the code 4F (DXE IPL IS STARTED).
I did many tries but cannot turn the pc on. please let me know what can I do to resolve this trouble.

many thanks, Daniel

1 Reply Related Threads

ILikeBeans
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3429
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: EVGA Z170 CLASSIFIED 4-WAY ( 4F DXE IPL IS STARTED) 2016/11/11 12:16:53 (permalink)
    Welcome to the forums. Can you boot to BIOS? Do you have the latest version? http://forums.evga.com/Z170-ClassifiedFTWStinger-109-and-ClassifiedK-104-BIOS-release-m2525564.aspx
    On top of this I noticed a Beta version for Broadwell CPUs, but didn't see your MOBO listed http://forums.evga.com/Z97-BETA-BIOS-for-Broadwell-processors-m2343045.aspx

If you can't boot to BIOS turn the power off to the PSU and push the clear CMOS button on the MOBO. If this doesn't work try removing the MOBO battery for a while as well. Try getting into BIOS first otherwise there is a hardware problem.

I was curios about what DXE was and found this on a forum:

MeanMachine 
    "Qcode 60: DXE Core has started. 
    The Driver Execution Environment (DXE) phase is where most of the system initialization is performed. 
    Pre-EFI Initialization (PEI), the phase prior to DXE, is responsible for initializing permanent memory in the platform so that the DXE phase can be loaded and executed. 
    The state of the system at the end of the PEI phase is passed to the DXE phase through a list of position-independent data structures called Hand-Off Blocks (HOBs). 
    There are several components in the DXE phase and is terminated when an operating system is successfully booted.
    The Dxe Core produces a set of Boot Services, Runtime Services, and DXE Services.
    The phase prior to DXE, is responsible for initializing permanent memory in the platform so that the DXE phase can be loaded and executed.

What this means is you may be having a problem with your DIMMs, 
    I suggest you check all DIMM slots and test each DIMM individually to see if either a DIMM is mall functioning, the order you have them in, and test just one DIMM in first slot.
    No guarantee this would be a fix but its worth checking.
    Good Luck and please report back."

Source: https://rog.asus.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-84602.html

I would make sure all is well with your BIOS version first though.
    post edited by ILikeBeans - 2016/11/11 12:40:08

W7 Pro 64, MSI X99A Godlike , I7-6850K, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, G.Skill DDR4 3200MHz 32GB, Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2 and 850 EVO 1TB SATA, WD Velociraptor 1TB, Corsair AX1200W, Acer Predator X34 and Oculus.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile