EVGA GeForce GTX 900/700 Series Upgrade Program FAQEVGA GeForce GTX 900/700 Series Upgrade Program FAQ
The EVGA GeForce GTX 900/700 Series Upgrade (“900/700 Series Upgrade”) Program is an optional program that allows owners of qualifying EVGA GeForce GTX 900 and GTX 700 Series graphics cards (“Qualifying Products”) to upgrade to a select EVGA GeForce RTX 20-Series Graphics Card (“Upgrade Product”) at a reduced price.
IS THIS LIKE THE EVGA STEP-UP PROGRAM?
Yes and no. The purpose of the 900/700 Series Upgrade Program is to allow you to purchase that EVGA GeForce RTX 20-Series graphics card you’ve been looking at while getting a discount when you send in your old EVGA GeForce GTX 900/700 Series graphics card. Unlike the EVGA Step-Up Program, you will receive a set dollar amount (USD) off the purchase price of your chosen card. Otherwise, you must still send in your qualifying graphics card to EVGA first.
WHAT OTHER BENEFITS WILL I RECEIVE?
The EVGA 900/700 Series Upgrade Program also has other great benefits:
- Upgrade Products received through this promotion are eligible for the EVGA Extended Warranty program for 90-days from the date the 20-Series product is shipped to you.
- Purchasing an EVGA GeForce RTX 20-Series graphics card through this program will allow you to become an EVGA ELITE Member.
DOES IT COST ANYTHING TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS UPGRADE PROGRAM?
The GeForce 900/700 Series Upgrade Program does not have an additional fee to participate in this optional program. To be clear, you must still purchase your chosen EVGA RTX 20-Series graphics card – less the discount received by sending in your qualifying EVGA GeForce GTX 900/700 Series graphics card – and cover taxes (if any) and shipping (depending on your choice of shipping).
WHAT PRODUCTS QUALIFY FOR THE GEFORCE 900/700 SERIES UPGRADE PROGRAM AND WHAT PRODUCTS WILL I RECEIVE?
Select EVGA GeForce GTX 900 and GTX 700 Series graphics cards are eligible for the 900/700 Series Upgrade Program. You may upgrade a Qualifying Product to any available EVGA GeForce RTX 2080, RTX 2070, or RTX 2060 graphics card. Please see the chart above to see a list of the eligible Qualifying Products, the discount for each Qualifying Product, and the eligible list of Upgrade Products.
IS THERE A TL:DR VERSION OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS?
The full T&C is listed below, but here are the important terms and conditions:
- The EVGA 900/700 Series Upgrade Program begins on June 26, 2019 at 11:00am. The EVGA 900/700 Series Upgrade Program will be available for a limited time only and/or while supplies last.
- Eligible participants must be at least 18 years old, and reside in the contiguous United States, Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
- Participants may purchase one (1) qualifying EVGA GeForce RTX 20-Series graphics card at a discount, in exchange for sending EVGA one (1) qualifying EVGA GeForce GTX 900/700 Series graphics card.There is no limitation to the number of Upgrades that can be submitted by a single Participant.
- Participants agree to the Upgrade Product, price, and discount at the time of submission.
- The discount is considered part of the transaction; Participants may not request the discount be converted to other currency or store credit (i.e. EVGA Bucks).
- Only one (1) 900/700 Series graphics card may be part of an Upgrade; Participants may not combine multiple 900/700 Series graphics cards in the same Upgrade to receive a larger discount.
- Participant must be the registered owner of the Qualifying Product; the Qualifying Product must have a serial number when sent in; and the Qualifying Product must be in good working order, and in original factory condition, as defined by the terms of the EVGA Limited Warranty.
- Participant does not have to be the original owner. Participants are not required to provide a proof of purchase, the original box nor the original accessories.
- Participants may not cancel their Upgrade once EVGA has received the Participant’s qualifying 900/700 Series graphics card.Qualifying 900/700 Series graphics cards that fail testing, were improperly packed and/or exhibit damage during transit, or declined due to physical damage will VOID the Upgrade and the Qualifying Product will be returned to Participant.
- Products sold as recertified products, such as products with an –RX part number suffix, are expressly excluded.
- Participant submissions will be processed in the order received. However, Upgrade Products may be shipped based on the order Qualifying Products are received from Participants.
HOW DOES THE EVGA GEFORCE 900/700 SERIES UPGRADE PROCESS WORK?
There are several steps to the GeForce 900/700 Series Upgrade Program. After submitting a request, you will be instructed to pay for your selected Upgrade Product. You will then have fourteen (14) days to send your Qualifying Product to EVGA. Once EVGA receives your 900/700 Series graphics card, we will inspect and test the card, and send out your brand new EVGA GeForce RTX 20-Series graphics card if approved.
- Sign up for a free account at EVGA.com, or login if you have an account.
- Register you Qualifying Products.
- The 900/700 Series Upgrade Program begins on June 26, 2019 and lasts for a limited time and while supplies last.
- Navigate to the page.
- If you have eligible 900/700 Series products registered on your account, you will see each product listed on this page.
- Select your eligible 900/700 Series product that you wish to Upgrade.
- If you wish to process multiple Upgrades, you will need to process each Upgrade separately.
- Select the Upgrade Product you wish to purchase.
- Confirm your shipping address and submit your 900/700 Series Upgrade request. You will be asked to submit a payment and be charged at this time.
You are free to cancel at any point prior to the expiration of the 900/700 Series Upgrade program and then resubmit your 900/700 Series Upgrade request.
As a reminder, if the 900/700 Series Upgrade program ends after you’ve submitted your payment, but before the Upgrade process is complete, EVGA will still honor your Upgrade request, provided you timely follow all directions provided by EVGA as part of the regular Upgrade process.
- After payment is received, you will be instructed to ship your Qualifying Product to EVGA within fourteen (14) business days after your payment is verified.After receiving your product, EVGA will review the product and confirm receipt if your graphics card is in original factory condition and working. Once approved, EVGA will ship out your new-in-box EVGA GeForce RTX 20-Series graphics card.
- Please see our shipping guidelines for how to return your graphics card here.
- EVGA will automatically register your product, so you will receive the full warranty on your Upgrade Product.
- Any Qualifying Product sent in for the 900/700 Series Upgrade Program with an Extended Warranty previously purchased by the Participant will have the remainder of the Extended Warranty automatically transferred to the Upgrade Product, if applicable.
- Your Upgrade Product will be shipped via the option selected at checkout during the Upgrade process. Once you receive the product - game on!
You will receive detailed emails at every step instructing you what to do next. All GeForce 900/700 Series Upgrade requests must go through this exact process. You may not purchase a new retail EVGA GeForce RTX 20-Series product and then send your Qualifying Product back for a refund afterward. Similarly, you may not send your Upgrade Product back for a refund and request your prior 900/700 Series product be returned to you; all Upgrades are final once EVGA receives your Qualifying Product.
By submitting a GeForce 900/700 Series Upgrade request, you agree that you have read and accept to be bound by the GeForce 900/700 Series Upgrade Program Terms and Conditions, the EVGA Global Warranty Terms and Conditions, and the EVGA Extended Warranty Program Terms and Conditions.
EVGA GeForce 900/700 Series Upgrade Program Terms & ConditionsTerms and Conditions
, Store Terms
, and all other policies, conditions, limitations and disclaimers appearing on EVGA.com and incorporated into these Terms.
- The EVGA GeForce 900/700 Series Upgrade Program is only available to residents of the contiguous United States, Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
- All Participants must be at least 18 years of age.
- The EVGA GeForce 900/700 Series Upgrade Program is an optional upgrade program beginning June 26, 2019, and available only for a limited-time or while supplies last.
- Once the EVGA GeForce 900/700 Series Upgrade Program expires, customers may no longer submit for Upgrades, nor will EVGA make exceptions for customers that fail to take advantage of the Upgrade Program while it is open.
- This Upgrade Program is available only to EVGA customers with qualifying EVGA GeForce GTX 900/700 Series graphics card part numbers.EVGA 900/700 Series customers must have a valid and active account at EVGA.com to participate in the Upgrade Program.EVGA 900/700 Series customers must register any and all EVGA 900/700 Series graphics cards that the customer wishes to use in the Upgrade Program to the customer’s EVGA account.
- Please refer to the chart above to see a list of Qualifying Products and their respective discounts for the EVGA GeForce 900/700 Series Upgrade Program.
- EVGA 900/700 Series customers will not be able to request an Upgrade unless the Qualifying Product is registered to the customer’s account. In the case of multiple Qualifying Products, each card must be registered to the customer’s account.
- EVGA 900/700 Series customers with a qualifying graphics card are eligible for one (1) upgrade from a Qualifying Product to one (1) Upgrade Product. No exceptions, substitutions or exchanges are permitted. Each Upgrade is priced at the Upgrade Product’s MSRP, less the discount provided by the Qualifying Product, and shipping (depending upon Participant’s choice of shipping). All Upgrade prices are subject to taxes, duties, and other related fees.
- There are no limitations to the number of times an EVGA customer may participate in the Upgrade program, subject to the Upgrade Program Terms and Conditions.
- Participants must submit each upgrade request at https://www.evga.com/articles/01339/upgrade-to-20-series/ within the duration of the EVGA GeForce 900/700 Series Upgrade Program.Participants are responsible for ensuring that their profile information on EVGA.com is up-to-date, and should review the listed shipping address prior to submitting a request.
- Once the Upgrade Program expires, EVGA 900/700 Series customers with a Qualifying Product will be unable to submit additional Upgrade requests.
- So long as a Participant has submitted an Upgrade request within the Program’s limited duration, EVGA will honor the Upgrade request, provided that the Participant remains in the Upgrade Program and timely follows all directions given by EVGA.
- Once the Upgrade is purchased, EVGA will provide an RMA number within 1-2 business days.
- After receiving the RMA number, Participants must ship their Qualifying Product to EVGA.
Participants must ship their Qualifying Product prior to receiving their Upgrade Product. The EVGA Cross-ship RMA option and EVGA Advanced RMA (EAR) options are not available for the 900/700 Series Upgrade Program. No exceptions.
Participants are responsible for any shipping costs and materials to ship their Qualifying Product to EVGA. Tracking numbers and shipping insurance are not required, but are recommended.
- Once EVGA receives your Qualifying Product, EVGA will review the product and confirm receipt if your graphics card is in original factory condition.
- The Qualifying Product must be in original factory condition as outlined in the EVGA Global Warranty, and may not have any physical or liquid damage or modifications.
- Once approved, EVGA will auto-register the Upgrade Product and ship out your brand new EVGA GeForce RTX 20-Series graphics card!
- Products received through the 900/700 Series Upgrade Program will be registered to the Participant’s EVGA account. No exceptions.
- Products received through the 900/700 Series Upgrade Program carry the EVGA 3-Year Global Warranty, subject to other Terms and Conditions of the 900/700 Series Upgrade Program. The warranty period will begin from the date the Upgrade Product ships from EVGA.
- Products received through the 900/700 Series Upgrade Program will be considered new-in-box promotional products, and Participant will be considered the original owner of the Upgrade Product. Products received from the 900/700 Series Upgrade Program are not eligible for promotions listed on EVGA.com, except where noted otherwise and not prohibited by law.
- Upgrade Products will carry over any Extended Warranty from the Qualifying Product sent in by Participant.
- Upgrade Products are not eligible for the EVGA Step-Up program.
Additional Terms and Conditions
- EVGA reserves the right to modify, suspend, or cancel the EVGA GeForce 900/700 Series Upgrade Program at any time, for any reason, and without notice.
- Qualifying products sent by Participant must be received in original factory condition per the terms of the EVGA Global Warranty, with no physical damage prior to processing the upgrade, or the Qualifying product may be declined by EVGA, the Participant’s Upgrade may be cancelled and the Qualifying product will be returned to Participant.Boxes damaged during shipping will be rejected by EVGA.After a Participant requests an Upgrade, EVGA must receive the GeForce 900/700 Series Upgrade product within fourteen (14) business days of Upgrade approval or the request will expire and a new request must be authorized.
- The original heatsink must be installed prior to shipping the product to EVGA.
- Physical or liquid damage to the Qualifying product will cause the Upgrade to be cancelled.
- Failure to work normally under EVGA’s standard testing procedures for graphics cards will cause the Upgrade to be cancelled.
- Once EVGA has received your Qualifying Product, the Upgrade purchase becomes nonrefundable and the Qualifying Product cannot be returned.
- Refunds are not available for the Upgrade Product at any time or for any reason. Refunds will not be given for costs or differences in currency conversion rates should you choose not to upgrade your Qualifying Product. The 900/700 Series Upgrade program does not have a monetary value and cannot be exchanged for cash or EVGA Bucks. The Qualifying Product must be in original factory condition as outlined in the EVGA Global Warranty, and may not have any physical or liquid damage or modifications, or EVGA may decline to receive your Qualifying Product and cancel your Upgrade.
- The EVGA GeForce 900/700 Series Upgrade Program will not last indefinitely. The GeForce 900/700 Series Upgrade Program and option to submit Upgrade request will expire once the GeForce 900/700 Series Upgrade Program has ended. If an Upgrade Participant is in queue for a GeForce 900/700 Series Upgrade when the Upgrade Program expires, the upgrade will still be honored, provided the Participant timely follows all directions sent by EVGA during the process.
- EVGA will not be responsible for any losses or damage suffered by Participant due to failure to register for an account, failure to register Qualifying Products, or failure to complete any or all steps within the time limit of the Upgrade Program or time limit provided at each step of the process.
The EVGA GeForce 900/700 Series Upgrade Program is provided as an optional program for registered accounts at EVGA.com with registered qualifying EVGA GeForce GTX 900/700 Series graphics cards. Registration is available to all EVGA customers and registered accounts at EVGA.com. Customers that participate in the EVGA GeForce 900/700 Series Upgrade Program agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions in this document. Failure to follow the Terms and Conditions may result in cancellation of your GeForce 900/700 Series Upgrade request. The Upgrade Program will begin on June 26, 2019 for a limited time only and/or while supplies last.
EVGA 900/700 Series Upgrade benefits are available only to the registered Upgrade Participant. Participants in the Upgrade Program may sell, gift, trade, or transfer any product received through the EVGA 900/700 Series Upgrade Program, but the Upgrade benefits will expire upon sale, gift, trade, or transferring the Upgrade Product. Secondhand purchases or recipients of an EVGA 900/700 Series Upgrade Product will be subject to the secondhand owner policy of the EVGA Global Warranty.
EVGA is not responsible for loss or damage caused by an EVGA GeForce 900/700 Series Upgrade Program Participant’s failure to follow the registration requirements, or failure to follow the requirements of the Upgrade process.
EVGA reserves the right to terminate the GeForce 900/700 Series Upgrade Program and/or change its Terms and Conditions in part or in their entirety, without notice or compensation, at any time.
If any provision contained in these Terms is or becomes invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in whole or in part, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect the remaining provisions and portions in these Terms, and the invalid, illegal, or unenforceable provision shall be deemed modified to have the most similar result that is valid and enforceable.
Offer void where prohibited.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL EVGA OR OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD-PARTY CLAIMING THROUGH OR UNDER YOU, FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. EVGA OR OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD-PARTY FOR SUCH DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THE EVGA GEFORCE GTX 900/700 SERIES UPGRADE PROGRAM AND THESE TERMS. IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES, EVGA’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF THE EVGA GEFORCE GTX 900/700 SERIES UPGRADE PURCHASE PRICE AND RELATED TAXES, FEES, AND/OR SHIPPING THAT YOU PAID TO EVGA. EVGA AND OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES SHALL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE LIABLE UPON A CLAIM OR ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT, INDEMNITY OR CONTRIBUTION, OR OTHER CLAIMS RELATING TO THE EVGA GEFORCE GTX 900/700 SERIES UPGRADE PROGRAM WHICH EXCEEDS THIS LIABILITY LIMIT. EVGA OR OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS FOR DAMAGES FOR DELAYS, INTERRUPTION OF SERVICE, LOSS OF BUSINESS, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, WHETHER OR NOT EVGA HAS BEEN MADE AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH CLAIMS OR DAMAGES.