EVGA

EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology!

Page: << < ..16171819 > Showing page 16 of 19
Author
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/03/01 06:24:27 (permalink)
Just think of all the people that are going to sell their gpu's for $400 or less because they went with a company that doesnt offer step up. I feel bad for them.
Bobmitch
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8328
  • Ribbons : 47
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/03/01 06:33:11 (permalink)
crazyg0od33
yes - but is it the MSRP now ($650) or are they gonna drop the price to say $500 right before offering step up and say "now you owe another $200"

I know that they will be doing that (most likely - it is a business after all), but IMO doing the upgrade is a "purchase."  And step up goes off of MSRP at time of purchase.  So yes, they will always be going off of MSRP on EVGAs site, but is that at the time of purchase, like every else who buys a card and does step up, or at the time of step up?

Again, if they drop the price, and it's a $200 step up, so be it - that's better than $700 for a new GPU.  And I doubt I'll get $500+ for my SC2 now that the Ti was announced - but I would very much like the step up to be based off of MSRP now, since that's when I "purchased" my GPU

Understood, but think of this.  There are a lot of people who have had ACX cards since May...and they upgraded and received a new 90 day step up window.  They got to use their cards for 7 months and upgrade to the new tech.  That wouldn't have been possible without the program.  IF MSRP drops by $100, your card is still worth more than if you tried to sell it.  EVGA took the hit on the upgrade, and will take another hit with the step up.  I am no EVGA employee...but the financials behind doing this are not favoring EVGA walking away with a lot of money....

Scarlet-Tech is also on point.  Any one with another brand GPU...out of luck.  They are all going to be selling at a greater loss to upgrade...or just eat the card they currently have.

MSI MAG X670-E Tomahawk;  Ryzen 7 7800X3D; Asus TUF RTX 4070 TI OC; Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 PSU; 32 GB  Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 RGB; Corsair iCue Link H150i RGB 360MM AIO; 2-Western Digital Black 4 TB SN850X NVMe; Creative SoundBlaster Z;  Lian Li Lancool III; EVGA Z15 Keyboard; Razer Viper 8K Mouse

Heatware:  http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=72402    Affiliate code: 1L2RV0BNQ6                                          
Associate Code:  UD82LJP3Y1FIQPR

crazyg0od33
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2085
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/03/01 06:41:35 (permalink)
yup - I totally get it.

(though I also think the $99 was a little bit of a rip considering the bad press EVGA got and it should've been cheaper, but that's another story)

I know it's coming off like I don't understand - I do.  I just want that $50 step-up haha.  Then again, I doubt the SC2 will drop to $500 or less - I'm guessing $100 drop across the board, so $550.  $150 step-up ain't so bad

As for the people who buy other brands...that's their problem.  No sympathy - they know what EVGA offers and they went elsewhere.  I buy EVGA for option like this, and I'm glad they exist at all
Aarkane
  • Total Posts : 22
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/03/01 07:55:17 (permalink)
I am still waiting on my approval for the FTW -> FTW2 upgrade. Now that the Ti has been announced I am in no hurry for that approval since the 90 day step up program starts when they ship you the icx.

Take your time on that approval, EVGA because you can bet your fan I'll be stepping up to the Ti!
CoriolisAffectment
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 143
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/03/01 08:22:18 (permalink)
Aarkane
I am still waiting on my approval for the FTW -> FTW2 upgrade. Now that the Ti has been announced I am in no hurry for that approval since the 90 day step up program starts when they ship you the icx.

Take your time on that approval, EVGA because you can bet your fan I'll be stepping up to the Ti!

Oh, ditititititititito, buddy.

Affiliate Code: 9SOE79HNPC

Below is a near live feed from my system's water loop.

vipers33
  • Total Posts : 47
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/03/01 08:27:34 (permalink)
What shipping information I have to enter:

Customer
EVGA RMA Department
Am Haag 8
82166 Gräfelfing
Germany

It is understood and it is not difficult.

What should I enter in additional boxes?

Contact person......................................?
E-mail....................................................?
Phone number.......................................?

A pack will ship for the first time from Polish to Germany, so I would avoid trouble

Someone help me?
post edited by vipers33 - 2017/03/02 06:20:38
brentsg
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 197
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/03/01 11:46:50 (permalink)
What kind of dates are they approving nowadays?  I registered for ICX on 2/12 around noon and haven't heard anything.  I have the e-mail from EVGA that I'm "in".  Is there a place to check status on the website?
post edited by brentsg - 2017/03/01 11:53:10
nhorn1983
  • Total Posts : 67
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/03/01 12:08:56 (permalink)
brentsg
What kind of dates are they approving nowadays?  I registered for ICX on 2/12 around noon and haven't heard anything.  I have the e-mail from EVGA that I'm "in".  Is there a place to check status on the website?

I'm a Feb 10th so
brentsg
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 197
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/03/01 12:17:01 (permalink)
Ok thanks, will probably go ahead and buy a Ti then.  
Aarkane
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/03/01 13:03:45 (permalink)
nhorn1983
brentsg

I'm a Feb 10th so

I am also Feb 10th. Still pending approval.
Josh1138
  • Total Posts : 20
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/03/01 14:41:43 (permalink)
i just booted up my new 1080FTW2 w/ ICX after selling my 980 FTWs (2 of them) over the weekend (on a spur of the moment deal after eight months of no-takers), and man this card looks COOL!....I can't wait to see how it performs in Mass Effect: Andromeda with my Intel 6850K, 32Gigs Gskill DDR4 @ 2400, Samsung M.2.....
Josh1138
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/03/01 18:04:43 (permalink)
Quick question:  I was just putting the packing back in the box and I noticed it said "Gaming/Temperature LED Indictator (Premium Option)"....Like, what?  Is that something that I didn't get and will have to pay extra for up here in Canada?  I already paid 800 dollars in Duty, plus tax, plus conversation @ 1.35.....It wasn't inexpensive to say the least!  But I am absolutely floored over the performance- I thought my dual 980FTWs were good (and they are, they're great cards)....But this new 1080FTW 2 blows them outta the water for sure!   is it a software that is included on the disk (like Precision X etc) that once loaded would enable the temperature LEDs?  If that is the case, I will install the CD later.... But clarification would be helpful.  Thanks.
andeh19
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/03/01 19:10:27 (permalink)
Josh1138
Quick question:  I was just putting the packing back in the box and I noticed it said "Gaming/Temperature LED Indictator (Premium Option)"....Like, what?  Is that something that I didn't get and will have to pay extra for up here in Canada?  I already paid 800 dollars in Duty, plus tax, plus conversation @ 1.35.....It wasn't inexpensive to say the least!  But I am absolutely floored over the performance- I thought my dual 980FTWs were good (and they are, they're great cards)....But this new 1080FTW 2 blows them outta the water for sure!   is it a software that is included on the disk (like Precision X etc) that once loaded would enable the temperature LEDs?  If that is the case, I will install the CD later.... But clarification would be helpful.  Thanks.

Yes you need to use the iCX version of Precision XOC
loosetooth
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/03/01 23:52:50 (permalink)
Hi,

Can someone from EVGA please clarify how any potential Step-Up from ICX to might work?

There only 2 reasons for me to go from ACX>ICX... potential resale value and to step up from ICX>Ti.  If you ask EVGA Customer Reps about this then they will give the standard EVGA responses (before the Ti was released "... the Ti is still vaporware", or "EVGA do not recommend this as a way to blahblah").  However EVGA must be aware that a lot of 1080 SC/FTW owners will be upgrading ACX>ICX with the sole purpose of then further upgrading to the Ti.

So... here is what is troubling me.  Step-Up works in that the amount you paid for the card you have is held to and then you pay the difference between that and the EVGA RRP of the card you step-up to plus shipping.

So... for one of my 1080 SC I paid £578.99 from Amazon.  EVGA then RMA'd it for a new card w/thermal pads and BIOS.  Now I am going to pay about £86 (plus P&P) to go from ACX to ICX, giving a total of £664.99.  Well the Ti is £699.

My other card was a stepped up 980ti to a 1080SC, I believe I paid around £625.00, plus £85 to go ICX, giving a total of £710... meaning that EVGA  would have to send me a TI and rebate me £10.

So the maths looks rather dubious to me.  So before I start spending money to go to an ICX card... could someone please then clarify the potential route from ICX to Ti????

Also... (and I kinda know the answer to this question but it would be cool if the response was not the standard EVGA response)... those of us going from ACX>ICX>Ti... well there is a lot of pfaffing about there.  A lot of EVGA sending out cards that are going to be send back, a lot of couriers getting nice fat fees that us customers are having to pay.  Will EVGA look at the logistics here and logically think... do you know what???  The landscape has changed.  Maybe it is quicker for everyone and cheaper for everyone (including EVGA) if we offer ACX upgraders the ability to go to Ti's?  I know that it goes against the grain of what EVGA would like to happen... but if we accept the reality here going from A to C and cutting out B seems like an option that gets the job done without wasting time, money and GPUs?

I would be interested to hear a response from someone in the know, rather than standard CS responses I could have gotten over the Chat.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/03/02 00:10:37 (permalink)
loosetooth
Hi,

Can someone from EVGA please clarify how any potential Step-Up from ICX to might work?

There only 2 reasons for me to go from ACX>ICX... potential resale value and to step up from ICX>Ti.  If you ask EVGA Customer Reps about this then they will give the standard EVGA responses (before the Ti was released "... the Ti is still vaporware", or "EVGA do not recommend this as a way to blahblah").  However EVGA must be aware that a lot of 1080 SC/FTW owners will be upgrading ACX>ICX with the sole purpose of then further upgrading to the Ti.

So... here is what is troubling me.  Step-Up works in that the amount you paid for the card you have is held to and then you pay the difference between that and the EVGA RRP of the card you step-up to plus shipping.

So... for one of my 1080 SC I paid £578.99 from Amazon.  EVGA then RMA'd it for a new card w/thermal pads and BIOS.  Now I am going to pay about £86 (plus P&P) to go from ACX to ICX, giving a total of £664.99.  Well the Ti is £699.

My other card was a stepped up 980ti to a 1080SC, I believe I paid around £625.00, plus £85 to go ICX, giving a total of £710... meaning that EVGA  would have to send me a TI and rebate me £10.

So the maths looks rather dubious to me.  So before I start spending money to go to an ICX card... could someone please then clarify the potential route from ICX to Ti????

Also... (and I kinda know the answer to this question but it would be cool if the response was not the standard EVGA response)... those of us going from ACX>ICX>Ti... well there is a lot of pfaffing about there.  A lot of EVGA sending out cards that are going to be send back, a lot of couriers getting nice fat fees that us customers are having to pay.  Will EVGA look at the logistics here and logically think... do you know what???  The landscape has changed.  Maybe it is quicker for everyone and cheaper for everyone (including EVGA) if we offer ACX upgraders the ability to go to Ti's?  I know that it goes against the grain of what EVGA would like to happen... but if we accept the reality here going from A to C and cutting out B seems like an option that gets the job done without wasting time, money and GPUs?

I would be interested to hear a response from someone in the know, rather than standard CS responses I could have gotten over the Chat.

This question has been asked numerous times already, and just like others you have to wait for evga's response.

Also, the full price of the icx upgrade does not apply. The evga tech's stated that the price would be off of the icx model's price on the evga marketplace. I am not going to go into prices, as you can open the product page for your region and see them, which will be much easier.

As for further questions, you arent the first to ask, and wont be the last. We are all waiting for the answer.
loosetooth
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/03/02 00:21:59 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
This question has been asked numerous times already, and just like others you have to wait for evga's response.

Also, the full price of the icx upgrade does not apply. The evga tech's stated that the price would be off of the icx model's price on the evga marketplace. I am not going to go into prices, as you can open the product page for your region and see them, which will be much easier.

As for further questions, you arent the first to ask, and wont be the last. We are all waiting for the answer.

Cool. Well then we watch this space. 

I do not really care where I come in the pack of asking (first, last, boringly in the middle) these are sensible questions EVGA should answer and that they are always reluctant to. 

I have been through both an RMA and the Step-Up.  Both were excrutiatingly long processes, dogged by a lack of information and a rude arrogance from EVGA C/S when I tried to get further information.  I am not someone who believes in the myth of EVGA having great customer support.

When spending this amount of money and having had those negative experiences I know now, not only, to seek these answers before being sucked into a long, drawn out and expensive nightmares, but that it is prudent, and as a consumer, something that I have a basic right to know before putting down money.  What is the exact deal?  What is the end goal? What will be the total amount? And how long will it take to achieve it?

Edit: So not forget that the last Step-Up took so long that in the intervening period Brexit happened and the £ devalued... so what I though that I was agreeing to at first, later became very different.

Anyway those are my aims and I thank you for your prompt reply and apologies fro editing my reply as you responded to it.
post edited by loosetooth - 2017/03/02 00:27:04
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/03/02 00:25:19 (permalink)
loosetooth
Cool. Well then we watch this space. 

I do not really care where I come in the pack of asking (first, last, boringly in the middle) these are sensible questions EVGA should answer and that they are always reluctant to. 

I have been through both an RMA and the Step-Up.  Both were excrutiatingly long processes, dogged by a lack of information and a rude arrogance from EVGA C/S when I tried to get further information.  I am not someone who believes in the myth of EVGA having great customer support.

When spending this amount of money and having had those negative experiences I know now, not only, to seek these answers before being sucked into a long, drawn out and expensive nightmare, but that it is prudent and, as a consumer, something that I have a right to know before putting down money.

You say they are reluctant to answer the questions.. i disagree.. they are under NDA about all products that are not on the market, so they are legally bound to not say a word under the nvidia nda is released. At that time, they will answer the question a few times, and then let the community answer it from there.

If you ask the questions once they are allowed to answer them, then your question wont get lost in the haystack of other questions. I am on mobile, and there is already over 45 pages worth of posts. I have been trying to read every single one.. you have to understand that not everyone will take the time to look at and answer every single question that is a repeat.
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2017/03/02 00:29:18
loosetooth
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/03/02 00:30:39 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
You say they are reluctant to answer the questions.. i disagree.. they are under NDA about all products that are not on the market, so they are legally bound to not say a word under the nvidia nda is released. At that time, they will answer the question a few times, and then let the community answer it from there.

No, you have misinterpreted what I was saying... I am not talking about the Ti, although now it is out there EVGA can move to clarify... I was talking about the 980ti>1080 Ste-Up, which took 7 months and the 1080SC RMA... Historical processes I have already been through and were dogged by open ended, undefined time scales where EVGA would attempt to make me feel bad for trying to seek clarification with stock phrases passive aggressive phrases like "... we do not have to offer the the Step-Up, we are the only ones to do so..." and worse.  In essence the vibe was ".... get back in line, shut-up and be grateful!".
post edited by loosetooth - 2017/03/02 00:55:22
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/03/02 00:47:25 (permalink)
loosetooth
No, you have misinterpreted what I was saying... I am not talking about the Ti, although now it is out there EVGA can move to clarify... I was talking about the 980ti>1080 Ste-Up, which took 7 months and the 1080SC RMA... Historical processes I have already been through and were dogged by open ended, undefined time scales where EVGA would attempt to make me feel bad for trying to seek clarification with stock phrases passive aggressive phrases like "... we do not have to offer the the Step-Up, we are the only ones to do so..." and worse.  In essence the vibe was ".... get back in like, shut-up and be grateful!".

My apologies for misunderstanding. The icx upgrade should go much better as they stated that shipments are coming in weekly. Hopefully this process goes better than the last experience.
MitchyK7
  • Total Posts : 13
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/03/02 01:32:03 (permalink)
Got my notification to ship my card, so shipped it on monday. It was received on tuesday at EVGA RMA centre and signed for by someone with the name House. However it still shows as eligible to be shipped. They have the card but it's it's not showing up as received or shipped or anything. Anybody else have this lack of communication during their upgrade?

I have an computers.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/03/02 05:42:14 (permalink)
MitchyK7
Got my notification to ship my card, so shipped it on monday. It was received on tuesday at EVGA RMA centre and signed for by someone with the name House. However it still shows as eligible to be shipped. They have the card but it's it's not showing up as received or shipped or anything. Anybody else have this lack of communication during their upgrade?

It can take some time for the updates to get processed. Doesnt sound like your card has been there for long. You will probably get a shipment notification soon.
Aarkane
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/03/02 06:39:07 (permalink)
MitchyK7

I am curious on when you requested the icx upgrade?

EVGA says there is a queue, but after speaking to different individuals on multiple forums there doesn't seem to be any organization to the supposed queue. Some of the people that requested it days after myself have already been through the processes with their new cards in transit/delivered.

With the Ti announcement, I am in no huge rush to get my icx upgrade and start the 90 day step up, but I certainly would like to understand how this queuing up process actually works, because it almost seems like they are randomly approving upgrades from the request pile. I have been waiting approval since shortly after the upgrade process was announced...
crazyg0od33
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2085
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/03/02 06:46:37 (permalink)
what kind of card are you upgrading?

It seems like the 1080 FTWs have been slower from what I've seen.

I got approved on 2/17 for my SC -> SC2 upgrade after putting my name in on day 1
vipers33
  • Total Posts : 47
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/03/02 07:16:39 (permalink)
I got the data for shipment:
EVGA Department RMA
Am Haag 8
82166 Gräfelfing
Germany

But there are other additional fields for the courier and I don't know what to type ?
EVGA Department RMA
Contact person......................................?
E-mail...................................................?
Phone number......................................?

A pack will ship for the first time from Polish to Germany, so I would avoid trouble

Someone help me?
post edited by vipers33 - 2017/03/02 07:47:41
Aarkane
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/03/02 07:39:29 (permalink)
crazyg0od33

I got approved on 2/17 for my SC -> SC2 upgrade after putting my name in on day 1

I am upgrading a FTW I put a request in for on Feb 10. Others requesting an upgrade on later dates than me with the exact card have been processed. I am a little baffled and I know I am not the only one wondering this...but I will continue to wait:)
The_Ninjak
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 170
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/03/02 09:21:40 (permalink)
Aarkane
crazyg0od33

I am upgrading a FTW I put a request in for on Feb 10. Others requesting an upgrade on later dates than me with the exact card have been processed. I am a little baffled and I know I am not the only one wondering this...but I will continue to wait:)

Yeah, it's interesting how it's quick or slow for some.  I, too, made my request on the 10th, was approved and paid on the 17th, they received my 1080 FTW card on the 20th, and I received the FTW2 on the 27th via standard shipping.  I hope everyone's gets processed and shipped soon.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 | Cooler Master MasterCase H500M
500GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | 2TB ADATA SX8200 Pro NVMe | 1TB WD Blue 3D NAND SSD

ipaine
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 307
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/03/02 10:03:01 (permalink)
I put mine in for my first card on the 10th in the evening and still nothing for it or my second card that I did a couple days later.

On another note, is there anywhere to check the status of the ICX upgrade? The page: http://www.evga.com/icxupgrade doesn't seem to work anymore.

edit: ok, it is working again. Maybe it was just broken for a little bit. Thanks
post edited by ipaine - 2017/03/02 10:41:29
andeh19
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/03/02 10:33:06 (permalink)
Seems to still work for me. Are you logged in?
DeathAngel74
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1263
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/03/02 10:39:35 (permalink)
Still works. Shows I no longer have any cards that qualify for the upgrade.

Carnage specs:
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING | Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-7820x | Memory Channels#1 and #3: Corsair Vengeance RGB 4x8GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz | Memory Channels#2 and #4: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 4x8GB DDR4 DRAM 3200 MHz | GPU: eVGA 1080 TI FTW3 Hybrid | PhysX: eVGA 1070 SC2 | SSD#1: Samsung 960 EVO 256GB m.2 nVME(Windows/boot) | SSD#2&3: OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATAx2(RAID0-Games) | SSD#4: ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SATA(Storage) | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 RGB 360mm AIO LCS | Case: Thermaltake X31 RGB | Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower DPS G RGB 1000W Titanium | Keyboard: Razer Ornato Chroma | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Elite Chroma | Mousepad: Razer Firefly Chroma | Operating System#1: Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate X64 | Operating System#2: Linux Mint 18.2 Sonya (3DS Homebrew/Build Environment)
Josh1138
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/03/02 13:26:02 (permalink)
andeh19
Josh1138

Yes you need to use the iCX version of Precision XOC

My thanks to you for your reply.
Page: << < ..16171819 > Showing page 16 of 19
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile