EVGA

EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 quality concerns

Page: << < ..67 Showing page 7 of 7
Author
iczerjones
  • Total Posts : 32
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 quality concerns 2015/08/05 16:23:31 (permalink)
logicrulez

That's what I thought.  Not sure why it's not downclocking.  As soon as I turn on the PC the temp goes up to 63c within about 5minutes.  Nothing is running in the background so I'm not sure what is going on.  I'm running on a clean install of Windows 10 with latest drivers from EVGA website.  And just to restate the card seems to run fine when gaming, full load temp is about 73c.  I can set an Aggressive fan profile but I don't feel I should as I am not overclocking. Also noticing that the fan does start until about 63c.  

Any suggestions are appreciated.

You may want to install GPU Caps Viewer and press the 'More info' button to verify there are no active applications driving the card.   That would be the simplest - never know, could be a stealthy bitcoin miner or something.

Xeon E3-1245v3 (relid) | Asus Z97-WS | 16GB Ballistix @1600 | EVGA GTX980Ti | Seasonic X-850 | Asus Xonar U7 | Samsung S34E790C 34" VA panel | custom loop
logicrulez
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 quality concerns 2015/08/05 17:23:15 (permalink)
iczerjones
logicrulez

That's what I thought.  Not sure why it's not downclocking.  As soon as I turn on the PC the temp goes up to 63c within about 5minutes.  Nothing is running in the background so I'm not sure what is going on.  I'm running on a clean install of Windows 10 with latest drivers from EVGA website.  And just to restate the card seems to run fine when gaming, full load temp is about 73c.  I can set an Aggressive fan profile but I don't feel I should as I am not overclocking. Also noticing that the fan does start until about 63c.  

Any suggestions are appreciated.

You may want to install GPU Caps Viewer and press the 'More info' button to verify there are no active applications driving the card.   That would be the simplest - never know, could be a stealthy bitcoin miner or something.

Ok thanks for all the replies but I have fixed this issue.

In the Nvidia Control Panel I set the Power Management Mode to Prefer Maximum Performance.  I did this thinking that I would get the full GPU power while playing games.  And not thinking that I also would get the full gpu power at all times even when idle.  I have been struggling with this issue for a few days and have come close to RMAing the card.

After changing the setting back to Adaptive, I can happily report my card is running 48c idle temp, 0%fan.
Link to where I found the answer that got me thinking(or just plane out told me what it was): 

Thanks again for all the replies and help.

post edited by logicrulez - 2015/08/05 17:26:00

Attached Image(s)

Page: << < ..67 Showing page 7 of 7
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile