EVGA

EVGA BLACK RTX 2070 BLACK SCREEN ISSUES eventually screen not turning on.

Author
craven09
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/02/11 01:14:29 (permalink)
CPU: Intel i5 9600k
Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi
PSU: EVGA G2 850w 80+ Gold
Mem: DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000mhz
Port: HDMI
GPU: RTX 2070 EVGA Black 8gb Samsung Memory accodiacc to gpuz and cpuz

Here's the thing, it works well when it feels like it (e.g. worked maximum 2 consecutive days without issues, works everyday but with really annoying random black screens and eventually not turning screen on even if monitor's power led is on). The issue is most of the time when i am playing PUBG, RoE, Apex Legends or even Dota 2 the monitor (Asus VP228) once in a while keeps turning on and off which eventually wont turn on even if the monitor's power led is on. The other instance that it occurs is when i i leave it on stand by for more than 30mins with sleep enabled but when i try to awaken it by moving the mouse and everything, monitor won't still turn on.

I am really confused coz i cant isolate the problem. When i plug my tower to my TV via HDMI after that issue, desktop is working in an instant, can play games, even watched a movie for 2 hours, just tested playing for 1 hour then watched a movie. I tried to check if its the monitor's problem by hooking my msi gp70 laptop to that monitor immediately after a black screen and eventually not turning on issue happened but after connecting the monitor to my laptop, it turned on in an instant like nothing happened. I tried reconnecting ports b/w pc and monitor after an issue like that happened but it still won't turn on and the monitor keeps showing no signal to hdmi. After turning off my pc for a while like more than 1hr it  will work like normal again but after a while the issue again will appear which is really is a pain in the ass.

I already clean reinstalled latest gpu drivers, clean installed windows, and updated motherboard bios to latest but the issue keeps reappearing. I cant try different ports because my monitor only supports vga port and hdmi port but my gpu doesn't have vga port so im left with hdmi port to use on. I already tried different gpu slot in my psu but it's no use.

If it may result that it's a faulty gpu, how can i RMA it? I bought it in Newegg and the 30 days period has ended and it has been just 2 months since purchase so it is already not eligible to return it to them.

After scanning posts on youtube and in this forum i found that there were so many 2070 issues like mine in which they ended up RMAing their gpu which is worrisome for me coz im not based in the US which will probably take too long.

With it's price it's expected to work flawlessly but nvidia being a ass company again released an uncook gpu just to take advantage of the consumers.
post edited by Sajin - 2019/02/11 11:11:39

5 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: EVGA BLACK RTX 2070 BLACK SCREEN ISSUES eventually screen not turning on. 2019/02/11 11:19:29 (permalink)
    Please watch your language. Thanks.

See if you can replicate the issue on your system by running off the igpu for awhile. See if you can replicate the issue by testing the card in another known good working system.

craven09
    Re: EVGA BLACK RTX 2070 BLACK SCREEN ISSUES eventually screen not turning on. 2019/02/11 23:04:51 (permalink)
    I apologise, im really just annoyed with nvidia.

I look through it if i experience the same issue again. Thanks.
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: EVGA BLACK RTX 2070 BLACK SCREEN ISSUES eventually screen not turning on. 2019/02/12 11:00:18 (permalink)
    I just pull the Power Cable from some of my Monitors and then count to 10 and plug the Power Cable back in and the Monitor comes to life. This is even with VESA Certified Cables.
    I have this issue on all my Dell Monitors.

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

craven09
    Re: EVGA BLACK RTX 2070 BLACK SCREEN ISSUES eventually screen not turning on. 2019/03/22 08:28:28 (permalink)
    to no avail, experienced the problem again. i already tried the hotfix but didnt work. i tried the igfx but didnt experienced it so far. sigh.
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: EVGA BLACK RTX 2070 BLACK SCREEN ISSUES eventually screen not turning on. 2019/03/22 12:23:29 (permalink)
    Sounds like a monitor compatibility issue with the rtx 2070.

Possible solutions:
    #1 Try updating the vbios of your rtx 2070. EVGA support can assist you with flashing the latest vbios to the card. https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/
    #2 Buy a different monitor.
    #3 Try another brand of rtx 2070.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile